PDA

View Full Version : cash machines

honeycomb
10-04-2007, 10:14 AM
I presume there are cash machines at DLRP? Can anyone tell me where they are and how much it costs to withdraw cash?

ruthiebabie
10-04-2007, 11:40 AM
There is an ATM in the Disney village just to the side of Hurricanes nightclub and next to the ticket booking office for Buffalo Bill.
There is one at the railway station.
The only hotel that has one is the Newport Bay and its near the convention centre.
In the Studios there is one on the front lot as you enter and also one near the Backlot restaurant.
In the main park there is one in either of the arcades that run parallel with Main Street.
There is one near the Buzz ride and also one somewhere in Adventureland but

Most UK banks charge a withdrawal fee when using an ATM and a handling fee for using your card abroad - this is usually around 1.50 or 1.5% of the transaction.

There are also places to change money if you take currency with you. Be sure to keep it secure if you are taking a lot of cash with you.

tennisfan
10-04-2007, 02:26 PM
If you are lucky to have a Nationwide debit card then there shouldn't be a charge for it.

My advice would be get your currency before you go and only draw money out in an emergency as it will soon add up.

Kristina
10-04-2007, 10:24 PM
I have been thinking about getting travelers checks, are they easy to cash in DLRP? I ask because in Florida you just sign them at the till but in Italy we had to go to a special bank (I think..or an American Express office) to cash them as needed. I am always afraid my card won't work when abroad plus we won't have a safe in our room at the Cheyenne :worried:.

honeycomb
10-05-2007, 01:03 AM
My advice would be get your currency before you go and only draw money out in an emergency as it will soon add up.

That is what we plan to do, we have got bare minimum in cash and will put meals etc on our cards. But I think we will change up a bit more cash before we go just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the help guys :thumbsup2