PDA

View Full Version : Explorers Hotel or Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe?

DebIreland
10-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm seriously thinking of booking DLRP for next February. It would be our first trip there and with the U12 and U7 free offer, it's very tempting. :woohoo: As there are 5 of us (DH, me, 13yo son, 11yo son and 3yo daughter) we would need two rooms in most places. But I like the all-in price I got for the Explorers and for Hotel l'Elysee which both provide big enough rooms to accommodate a family of 5. Which one would you choose? Anyone stayed in both? I can't decide. :confused3 Many thanks in advance. :yay:

ruthiebabie
10-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Explorers is very kid friendly and nice pool - for family that would be my preference.

A Small World
10-04-2007, 12:08 PM
We've stayed at Explorers and really liked it. It was very handy for the parks and had an excellent pool and play area

Ware Bears
10-04-2007, 04:41 PM
I can't compare as I've only stayed at Explorers but am very happy with it. I like the fact it's so close to the parks.

BONITATIME
10-07-2007, 05:42 AM
locationwise with small children I would pick the Explorers as it is easier to get on a shuttle bus than struggle with the underground at the end of the day or if you want to go back and change / rest in the afternoon.

DebIreland
10-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks so much for the replies everyone. Explorers it is! :woohoo:

bozzboy
10-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Just wanted to add the Hotel Elyssee is a very good hotel, and although the shuttle buses can be slightly annoying and crowded, it's definitely worth a look. Maybe would be better for a trip without kids.

Haven't been to The Explorers sadly so can't compare.

obscure
10-08-2007, 02:44 PM
We've just got back from the L'Elysee and IMO it was excellent.

Its right over the road from the big shopping centre so we grabbed bread & cheese for breakfast along with some pan au'chocolat or croissants from the eating places in the shopping centre. It was also nice to have a choice of restaurants outside disney. Our evening meals in those cost around 40-50 Euros for 4 of us (2 adults 2 children). And breakfast most mornings was just 10euros!

The RER was so simple! Its literally 2 minutes on the train, then 2 minutes from the stop to the hotel and the trains are every 10 mins or so. The RER station is closer to disney than the bus station too :D We bought a book of 10 tickets from disney to Val D'Europe one book for the children to share and one for us to share (ie 5 journeys) for 20 Euros which was well worth it for the simplicity!

However there is a free shuttle bus from the L'Elysee to Disney which goes every 40 mins or so if you want to use that.

The rooms were fine - no smoky smell which we've had in some french hotels in the past! A HUGE super king bed and 2 sofa beds for the kids. and the bathroom was great too - bath & shower which is perfect for us!

oh and you get the magic hours with this hotel too which is great!!

:) Sadie