PDA

View Full Version : Are GMFB's being discontinued?

Twyler
10-04-2007, 04:34 AM
Hello everyone i'm a complete newbie to the boards and any Disney park.:wave2:

We've booked our first trip to DLRP for Easter 2008 and I been lurking on here for the past week picking up ideas and tips. I like the idea of the breakfasts but somebody told me they are stopping doing them in November. Is this true?!!
Also are are GMFB and character breakfasts the same thing, i'm a bit confused.

tennisfan
10-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Welcome to the boards:goodvibes

Rumour has it they are going to be discontinued as people have had trouble booking them. However it maybe that they will review the situation & continue to do them, who knows.

GMFB are only available to people staying in certain Disney Hotels anyway.

GMFB is not a character breakfast, that is a separate breakfast which costs extra.

Bexx
10-04-2007, 06:34 AM
The GMF breakfast just offers people staying at the Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge or the Newport Bay an alternative place to eat breakfast - at no extra cost, unlike Character Breakfasts. It's a nice perk as it gets you into the Disneyland Park before the crowds - but it isn't anything fancy! But with the introduction of EMH they may have decided to discontinue the GMF breakfast - it doesn't seem to be mentioned at all in the latest brochure. :sad2:

Twyler
10-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Thanks to you both for explaining the difference. I'll just have to wait until nearer the time and see what's happening with the the GMFB's. Although now I know it doesn't incl chracters I may just be inclined to have an early bf at the hotel (we're staying at the Sequoia) and eat at Mickeys cafe one evening or book a character lunch.

Bexx- I noticed they aren't mentioned in the new brochure aswell :confused3

jillrobinson
10-04-2007, 07:00 AM
On the plus side if they are discontinuing the GMFB that could mean that EMH's are set to continue after the 15th celebrations end. :thumbsup2

kazdudds
10-04-2007, 08:06 AM
We're off to DLP in March and were also hoping for a GMF breakfast, we were told that they will be 'reviewing' this in November. Hope it is still on because they don't have EMH every day!

Bexx
10-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry Twyler, I forgot my manners!! Welcome to the DIS :wave:

Ware Bears
10-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi Twyler, welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

Orion33
10-16-2007, 05:49 AM
do we know anymore on this yet??? mine is booked for December 23rd and the company haven't told me otherwise yet....

daisydoo
10-16-2007, 01:11 PM
we,re going in december and have got the gmfb booked already.
i booked direct with disney and he offered it to me on the phone, so i assume they must still be doing them.

Princess Jayne
10-16-2007, 01:56 PM
we're booked for dec and when we asked they'd never heard of them!? we booked through leger holidays. x

jillrobinson
10-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Leger holidays don't offer the GMF, I don't know why, but we first booked with Leger in 2004 and they didn't then and I've asked both times we've been with them since and the answers been "no", I think it's an attempt to get you to book the Character breakfast.

Dianetigger
10-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Welcome Twyler, I picked up a new brochure yesterday from Thomson (we are looking at going next July) - it is from October 07 - November 08, first edition.
There is no mention of GMFB at all but they do mention that the EMH are continuing on certain days and to check at the hotel for details.

rso101
10-27-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm going to DLRP from 3-6 December and I've also got GMFB booked for one of those days. I have been a bit worried because everyone seemed to think they were being cancelled after the beginning of November, but if other people have got them booked as well, then may be they are continuing.

DLPdaft
10-29-2007, 10:07 AM
I hope they are still running, but I've just come off the phone after booking the Hotel Cheyenne for 19th to 21st November, and I asked about GMF breakfast. I've just been informed by the lovely CM that GMF breakfasts stop on 19th November.

We'll wait and see - I'm going to ask at reception when we check in anyway.

Elaine

rso101
10-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Does anybody know the correct answer as to whether GMFBs are being discontinued? The information being given out by the booking line is contradicted all the time.

Twyler
10-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Hmm, maybe they'll honour all the ones that have already been booked but not take anymore bookings after the 19th Nov.