PDA

View Full Version : Marching Band

Padrepride
10-04-2007, 12:49 AM
So who's in marching band here? Come on don't be shy. I love marching band. Go French Horns!!! Our field show this year is intense.

BandGeek911
10-04-2007, 06:21 AM
I'm in marching band.
It's pretty much my lifee :D

Our halftime show theme is Copland.

SplshMtnLvr28
10-04-2007, 07:05 AM
I play snare. :)

Our last show is next week. It's really interesting, it's a mix of regular marching and then some of it is scatter. Our theme is cartoons, so we're playing a bunch of Looney Tunes and Disney music. I love it.

BandGeek911
10-04-2007, 07:07 AM
I play snare. :)

Our last show is next week. It's really interesting, it's a mix of regular marching and then some of it is scatter. Our theme is cartoons, so we're playing a bunch of Looney Tunes and Disney music. I love it.

Oh, that theme sounds awesome!
I hate our theme. It's so boring, and half the people don't even know who Copland is. I think our band would play much better if we played a theme we all liked. Last year we played pirates and it was so much fun.

DisneyGirl421
10-04-2007, 02:26 PM
I used to be! :)

I was in colorguard all four years of high school, being co-captain of the flag line my junior and senior years.
And now my friends in marching band here in Gettysburg are trying to get me to join. haha

My favorite field show was my junior year. We did 70s rock songs, including September, Spinning Wheel, and Getaway. it was really fun. :)

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 03:10 PM
My sister is.

SplshMtnLvr28
10-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Oh, that theme sounds awesome!
I hate our theme. It's so boring, and half the people don't even know who Copland is. I think our band would play much better if we played a theme we all liked. Last year we played pirates and it was so much fun.

He wrote Hoedown, right? We played that last year for a concert, that was a really fun song to play xylo for, lmao.

3mtn-kate
10-04-2007, 05:48 PM
i play clarinet in my marching band we actually have a parade on monday at the art festival in my town
it gonna be so great it's kinda of a short parade so we're not totally dead by the end :thumbsup2 that's always good

SBubba18
10-04-2007, 05:49 PM
I am in marching band!! I LOVE it!!! Playing music is my whole life..Even outside of wind symphony and marching band. I play the flute/bells.

HSMndLKfan92
10-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Hehehe. Marching band = My life.
Everyone knows it.
I play clarinet.
Our show is King Kong.

I have to go practice my basics now. I'll be back later.

Vannah
10-04-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm a marcher.
But our band marches Military style.
I assume that the rest of you have colorguards and such?
Yeahh,, we've got Drum Majors and that's about it.
So we don't have a theme.
But it's fun.

SplshMtnLvr28
10-04-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm a marcher.
But our band marches Military style.
I assume that the rest of you have colorguards and such?
Yeahh,, we've got Drum Majors and that's about it.
So we don't have a theme.
But it's fun.

We don't have colorguard... occasionally the spirit squad does a routine during a song, but that's it.

Padrepride
10-04-2007, 08:13 PM
We've got guard, drum major. Our theme is Samuel Hazo music: samuelhazo.com We're playing Ride and Exultate.

BandGeek911
10-04-2007, 08:14 PM
He wrote Hoedown, right? We played that last year for a concert, that was a really fun song to play xylo for, lmao.

Yes!
I love the xlyo part.. it's so intense!
That has to be my second favorite song, next to Copland Finale (aka The Red Pony)

HSMndLKfan92
10-04-2007, 08:21 PM
http://www.halleonard.com/audio/03745179.mp3

First song to my show. It's stuck in my head.

BandGeek911
10-04-2007, 09:40 PM
I like that song :]
It has a cool trumpet song :D

This is my favorite song we're playing
http://www.halleonard.com/common/audio/48019160.mp3
It's called Copland Finale.

My second Favorite is Hoe Down.
I'm going to see if I can find a clip of that.

My least favorite is Appalachian Spring. We overkilled that song.

TwistyMisty
10-04-2007, 09:42 PM
My sister pace flute and bass. Mostly bass though.

BandGeek911
10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh that's cool :]
We had a bass player last year in our band, but now he's playing the xylophone.
He only plays bass for the song Final Countdown now, I think. lol

dazzler92
10-04-2007, 10:12 PM
i'm in marching band this semester, and then next semester we go into concert band.
i play clarinet and this year we're doing a western show.
i didn't think that i would like it, and neither did almost everyone else but it's actually really cool.

Vannah
10-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Our band's on youtube, but we look rather bad because we have our summer uniforms on, so maybe I'll find one in full uniform soon and I'll post that one.

SplshMtnLvr28
10-05-2007, 07:07 AM
http://www.halleonard.com/audio/03745179.mp3

First song to my show. It's stuck in my head.

Lol, we're playing a song called Sh-boom in our show, and it's been stuck in my head since we got music. XD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iWJpQslreZc

I'm not sure what it has to do with cartoons, but whatever. :p

::Snow_White::
10-05-2007, 07:30 AM
Nope.
But I was distracted by our band during a class because they were playing Fantasmic! :D
It was cool.

BandGeek911
10-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Omg, do you know how badly I want our band to play Fantasmic?!
Omg, Kayla, I want to join your band :D

BandGeek911
10-05-2007, 08:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUTkO6qOtVg
This is my marching band.
In Disney! :D
Yeah, that last note was really sour... it was a second trumpet player.... I don't think it was me though...I was too excited to play much.
And we sound really bad there xD

And I lovee our cadence.

BandGeek911
10-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Just a lil bump.
Today was a game day.
Our team sucked...but our halftime show was decent!
Oh, and my mom brought in a cake for my birthday (even though it's on the 8th) and the band sang happy birthday to me, and a couple of other people whose birthday it was :D

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/HomeSliceFurby/th_1005071821.jpg (http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/HomeSliceFurby/?action=view&current=1005071821.flv)
This video was taken with my phone, sorry about the blurriness.

I'll post a pic of the huge cake in a bit :D

tigger/winnie/tink
10-05-2007, 10:39 PM
marching band booooooooo

yay orchestra

disneydance
10-05-2007, 10:44 PM
I not in marching band but i'm sadly in band and band and no flames here but I HATE IT its just not for me my brother was in marching band last year but just quit last month he hated it....

I'm going to do it next year since i will have to since my parents are going to force me and i play the flute and the alto saxs

BandGeek911
10-05-2007, 11:02 PM
marching band booooooooo

yay orchestra

:mad: :mad: :mad: :p

I not in marching band but i'm sadly in band and band and no flames here but I HATE IT its just not for me my brother was in marching band last year but just quit last month he hated it....

I'm going to do it next year since i will have to since my parents are going to force me and i play the flute and the alto saxs

Why don't you like it?
Eh, band isn't for everyone... :[

disneydance
10-05-2007, 11:24 PM
The band teacher hes never in a good mood and is always yelling... He chooses boring songs and they are never my taste... Like you said band isnt for everyone I would quit if it wasnt for the fact that my parent wont allow me to quit my brother had to do it behind my parents backs since they said no and when they founded out he was grounded for a week.

Darkwing Duck
10-05-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm not in marching band but about a month ago, the University of Iowa marching band was practicing at my old school before they went to Soldier Field.

ktbutterfly2011
10-06-2007, 09:08 AM
I LOOOVE MARCHING BAND! I play trombone in marching... clarinet in concert. I just learned how to play trombone 1st day of bandcamp this year. I like it though.

We're a semi-military band. We have a flag line and 2 drum majors. We don't have a theme. This year our shows have consisted of:

Venus (No... not the one from the planets =[)
Gimme Some Lovin'
Time Warp
Soak Up the Sun

And will Consist of:
Script Ohio

ktbutterfly2011
10-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Last night... was homcoming. We marched the parade. It was SO HOT. Everyone was dying... then we had to get a drink of water and go on for pregame.

PolynessianBaby
10-06-2007, 09:38 PM
I play snare.
I love our music this year. We have a "Journey" theme.
We play Seperate Ways, Open Arms/Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin', Don't Stop Believin', and we attempted to play Anyway you Want it...but we didn't accomplish that so we don't play it. lol. But I'm in love with the music this year...and we had our Local county bands marching show last tues. and like every one had awesome songs this year. We got told that we were the best band of our size there and either 1st or 2nd over all. Plus...being a senior this year...I'm all about meeting new people, so I definitely was talking to a bunch of random people. it was totally fun.

Vannah
10-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Okay, marching band rant.
Sorry, don't read if you don't want.
It could offend those of you that have colorguards and march show band syle.

So, yesterday we had marching contest.
We're the only military style marching band in our region.
That means we don't have a colorguard or anything spiffy like that.
We competed, and were practically dying because it was very humid and we had on really heavy jackets and pants and clothes underneath that, plus two pairs of socks, gloves, and a hat.
So we find out we made 3rd in the preliminaries.
Great, right?
Well, about then it's 5:00 and we don't preform again until 8.
So we go and get in line for food and find out the concession people are runnig out of food.
Thankfully, I got my food before they ran out.
So we went back to our buses to eat and get changed.
We're changed and on our way over to the warm-up area.
We're still the only military marching band.
So we go and preform and do great, again.
Then we go and wait for awards to be announced.
We got third, again.
Not bad, but they were juding against.
-Colorguard.
-Drum Major direction.
-and Plumes (i dunno how to spell that, but the feathery things that go on the hats.)
We don't have any of that because
-Militaries don't have colorguard.
-Our drum majors march with us.
-Ours plumes got ruint last year because it was raining at contest and the band marched in the rain.

So we got counted off for not having that stuff.

Also, how is a show band a marching band?
They don't even march.
They mainly just stand in one spot and dance.
And you can barely see what they're doing most of the time.

Sorry.
I'm in a mood.

HSMndLKfan92
10-07-2007, 02:05 PM
-and Plumes (i dunno how to spell that, but the feathery things that go on the hats.)

You spelled plumes right.
But, I'm sorry about the judges.
They're evil.

This is from a competition.
I'm standing on the 50 yard line, in the process of marking time.
I'm sorry the picture's so big.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/TigerBand4/IMG_0356.jpg