PDA

View Full Version : P&S for under $150 for DD12

tmonferdini
10-01-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm looking for a decent, inexpensive P&S for my 12 yr old daughter. She likes snapping pics of friends & siblings. Doesn't need a lot of "extras". Would like a decent zoom & ease in downloading. Any suggestions. You all were a great help to me when I researched my new "baby" Canon S3 IS. Still trying to figure it out.

LPZ_Stitch!
10-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Check out the Digital Camera Resource Page's Camera List (http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraList.php) ... most of the popular cameras on the market are listed with a summary of important features and price.

If you like your S3, Canon makes a number of good "entry level" P&S cameras that would be great for an aspiring young photographer: Canon PowerShot A550, Canon PowerShot A570 IS, Canon PowerShot SD1000 Digital ELPH....

The smaller cameras are usually less complicated (in terms of settings). At the sub-$200 range, there really isn't too many differences to recommend one P&S over another, and it really comes down to "brand loyalty" or looking for a specific feature or mode....

tmonferdini
10-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the help. She really wants an ultra compact, so that's where I'm leaning towards, but I also don't want to spend too much for it.

Anewman
10-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Panasonic make great valued cameras with great features.

Example
Circuit City= Panasonic LZ6 $149 7.2megapixels, 6x optical zoom with built in image stabilization.

manning
10-03-2007, 04:53 PM
I saw the Sony H5 at Fry's Electonics for $160.00. It was over $300.00. It was replaced by H7.

It is lots of camera for the price.

I have one and wouldn't hesitate getting another one if I was in the market.