PDA

View Full Version : What do you do in the evenings, besides eat?

seobaina
09-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi

I noticed that the parks close between 5-7pm. What are the best things to do in the evenings? We'll be at the Cheyenne Oct 14-18.

Thanks

Cass
09-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone, I notice that the parks close at 6pm or 7pm during our whole stay.

What do people do from 7pm onwards? except have dinner? Thanks!

Cyrano
09-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Combined these as I'm sure you'll get the same answers.

As we have the troops we try to stick to their home bedtime routine so after food, bath/showered followed by mum and dad relaxing while they slept :goodvibes

jillrobinson
09-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Theoretically Buffalo Bill's Dinner Show, The Nex Arcade, Cinema, Shopping and swimming. In reality we usually manage a nice meal at Cafe Mickey, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe or Annette's Diner, followed by a little shopping, then dependent on the kids we've either hit the sack, gone for a drink at one of the village bars or returned to the hotel bar.
The Cheyenne has a very nice bar with it's own band. BTW.
and
Buffalo Bill's is a well spent if somewhat expensive way to pass the evening.:)

LoobyLoo33
09-30-2007, 02:35 PM
We tend to have tea around 6ish, have a wander round disney village and then head to one of the bars in the hotels for a drink before heading back about 9. We stayed at the cheyenne but found the bar areas very crowded and loud for children so go to either the New York or the Sequoia and the bars are much quieter and relaxing.

Lisa

Cass
09-30-2007, 02:43 PM
I have images of us watching a movie in the room and falling asleep at 8:30pm!

I was hoping the parks would be open later with some events or night time parades, I'm disappointed everything shuts down so early.

honeycomb
09-30-2007, 02:56 PM
We plan to do Disney Village, just relax over a nice meal and have a snoop around..

Princess Jayne
09-30-2007, 04:11 PM

I was hoping the parks would be open later with some events or night time parades, I'm disappointed everything shuts down so early.

i was a bit suprised at how early they shut - we're there 16-19 and it closes at 7 every night except one!
x

marcus.ka
10-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Yes that is very early. In December and November there are many days with closing times at 18:00! :scared1:

On such days I would use the parks until they close and I would not do have a big meal or shopping during the day. These are all activities you can do after park closing. There are also many hotel restaurants that every visitor can use. You are not stuck to the restaurants at the Disney Village.
And after Dinner you can explore the shops at the Disney Village. That should fill your evenings. :thumbsup2

SandraVB79
10-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Shop
Eat
Shop more
Go back to hotel
Shower
Massage my feet
Pass out while dreaming of Mickey

!!

Cass
10-01-2007, 05:26 AM
Well, a good nights sleep important, this is a holiday afterall.

What is the pool like at the Disneyland Hotel? is their a hot tub?

poppyolivia
10-01-2007, 05:29 AM
we go back to the hotel to defrost!!!:thumbsup2

giuly09
10-01-2007, 06:07 AM
Shop
Eat
Shop more
Go back to hotel
Shower
Massage my feet
Pass out while dreaming of Mickey

!!

Same for us. I double quote the bit about the feet :thumbsup2
My kids had fun in the Game Hall just behind the Planet Hollywood but it coats a lot - two euros each token and you usually need two for each game !!!

DLPdaft
10-01-2007, 06:09 AM
I don't even last in the parks past about 7.15pm.

Then we go for table service dinner, and by the time we've relaxed over that, its time to wander back through the Village to the hotel, relax in a bath, then bed, and set the alarm for early next day.

I guess it really does depend how hectic your day in the parks has been - we go for 3 days, 2 nights, so we're really on the go all those 3 days. Which means, by about 9.30pm, we're ready to sink into bed and go to sleep!

Elaine

R.S.Winters
10-06-2007, 10:30 AM
loads to do - wander round the shops at disney village, see a movie, go bowling, go to the arcades, panoramaqique balloon, see the wild west show, eat, sit in a bar. watch tv in ur room... lol

D.

PeeKooAaa
10-06-2007, 10:42 AM
loads to do - wander round the shops at disney village, see a movie, go bowling, go to the arcades, see the wild west show, eat, sit in a bar. watch tv in ur room... lol

D.

Bowling ? Where ? I didn't know that...

- Pete

R.S.Winters
10-06-2007, 10:45 AM
at the NEX place. its a new bit thats opened in the last yr. nr the new parking :)

http://disney-village.disneylandparis.co.uk/entertainment/index.xhtml

http://disney-village.disneylandparis.co.uk/entertainment/nex-game-arcade/index.xhtml

D.

PeeKooAaa
10-06-2007, 10:49 AM
at the NEX place. its a new bit thats opened in the last yr. nr the new parking :)

Wow, that was quick :) Thanks !

- Pete

Princess Jayne
10-06-2007, 12:00 PM
That sounds fun! do the hotel pools have a closing time? x

bavaria
10-06-2007, 10:51 PM
I've also seen mechanical bull riding for children, some sort of human bouncing bungee jump thing for tweens, a mechanical car ride for kiddies, etc around the village.

I agree about eating in one of the resort restaurants and doing a bit of a resort tour, perhaps with the assistance of the Minnie train.

bavaria
10-06-2007, 10:55 PM

Do plan on bringing your own movie as I recall that there is very little in English on television (unless you speak other languages). Hannah Montana in German, French, and English followed by Raven in German, French, and English gets very old very quickly.

I will admit to enjoying some of the German made for TV Disney movies (produced IN Germany). But I usually watch something on iTunes, my own DVDs, or flip around and watch snippets of television in Italian, German, French and English. Last year I was hooked on the Italian version of 'Deal or No Deal' which was on every night for almost a month, it seemed! :rotfl2:

giuly09
10-07-2007, 06:12 AM
I've also seen mechanical bull riding for children, some sort of human bouncing bungee jump thing for tweens, a mechanical car ride for kiddies, etc around the village.

The bull is not really a children thing, my 14 years old wanted to try it (5 euros a few minutes ride) but i had to go and sign a paper to let them free from any responsabilities about everything that could happen.
The bull has different difficult level to suit different ages anyway.

bavaria
10-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Thank you for clarifying - I was a little shocked to see boys about 10 years old using it while their families took photos! didn't really seem like a child oriented attraction....

the_princess
10-07-2007, 11:59 AM
We always spend a couple of hours on shopping in Village and then we go for a drink or two...

Cass
10-07-2007, 12:07 PM
see a movie,

Are there movies in English?

R.S.Winters
10-07-2007, 12:11 PM
i think there are certain days they show the movies in different languages... as far as i can remember, i think either wednesday or thursday is "english day". but dont quote me on that! lol

bavaria
10-07-2007, 12:13 PM
In France movies are dubbed. However in larger venues they may show the original version as well. This is usually clearly marked outside the venue.

(whoops! Dan beat me to it!!)

mrshindig
10-08-2007, 05:28 AM
Me and my DG usually head back to the room just before the parks close. We walk to the hotel and just have a nice relaxing walk (takes abt 15 minutes to get to cheyanne and santa fe...... 10 to newport and Sequoia and 5 to the rest) Once back at the room we grab a shower and then head over to the village for abt 9pm. Sit down for a table service meal at rainforest cafe, cafe mickey, king ludwigs (Stay away from planet hollywood IMHO) and then take a stroll around the shops!!

Once we've decided to head back which is usually around 10.30 we'll grab a drink at the hotel bar then hit the sack!!! Remembering that we don't have children and we've done disney thru and thru. So when we visit we just take in the atmosphere and as weird as it sounds......... we go to disney to relax!!!:rotfl2:

Cass
10-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Thanks, maybe we'll try a movie one night.