PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfasts

dooledoo
09-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Hello everyone, just joined so hope I do this right.
I have just phoned Dining Reservations to book a Character Breakfast for 25 December and have been told I cannot do this until 2 days in advance! Is this right, it seems rather close to the day for me and when I have been to Disneyworld Florida I was able to do it 180 days in advance. Any feedback would be welcome as I am trying to plan everything as I know how busy it is going to be!

debweb
09-30-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm sure somebody else will be able to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure reservations are normally allowed from 2 months in advance - could it have been a poor telephone line or accent ?

dee slack
09-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Not sure if C'mas Day makes a difference? Although it wasn't breakfasts I wanted, I phoned last Friday for 10 days time and had no problem whatsoever, I booked Plaza Gardens Birthday Tea Party, Inventions dinner and Lucky Nugget Saloon lunch if that helps (probably not!!).
I think there's a UK number you could try instead (0870 ?????) might be worth a try? Good Luck!

giuly09
10-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Hi there,

i booked Breakfast with Characters a few days after i had booked our holiday via the Disney Call Center in Italy and it was May for our Holiday in September so i cant understand why they told you that, unless it will be different because it is Christmas.
I wonder maybe the problem was you called Dining Reservation when you should had called Disney Call Center for bookings? I mean maybe Dining Reservations are not allowed to book a lot in advance because they are on site - does it makes sense :eek:

dooledoo
10-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Hooray!! Success:cheer2:

I phoned the UK customer service number from my confirmation e mail and am now booked into Christmas Day Character Breakfast.

Thanks for the advice. I am now a happy mum who will have a very happy daughter on christmas morning.:santa: :santa: :santa:

giuly09
10-01-2007, 02:15 PM
I am now a happy mum who will have a very happy daughter on christmas morning.:santa: :santa: :santa:

I bet mum will be very happy too on that day :santa: -i know i would be :cloud9: lol
Take PLENTY of pictures to show us please - i am sure it will be special!!!:wizard:

pigby
10-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Unfortunately this is probably right - I tried to book Plaza Gardens for a character breakfast last Christmas and was told could only book 2 days ahead.

Ware Bears
10-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi Doodledoo, welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

I am now a happy mum who will have a very happy daughter on christmas morning.:santa: :santa: :santa:

Woo hoo!!! You will have a fabulous time! :wizard: