View Full Version : volt reducer plugs

09-29-2007, 03:59 PM
DW bought some electrical items in the states, anyone know where i can purchase an adaptor to be able to use them here in the UK

Claire L
09-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Maplin usually sell step up/step down transformers.

Claire ;)

Claire L
09-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Here you go (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=13358&doy=29m9&C=SO&U=strat15).

Claire ;)

09-29-2007, 04:32 PM
thanks Claire L

Jakey Rowling
09-30-2007, 03:00 AM
Just one word of warning, make sure the current rating is not too high for your items or you will blow the internal fuse of the transformer (as well as your money :scared1:).

If you're not sure maybe take these items into a local Maplin so they can confirm compatibility.

Your devices should give you a VA figure, 200 or 300 limits for the large Maplin parts above. You don't want to run them too close to this.

If they are less power (VA) then consider the cheaper stepdown transformers but leave about 20% margin in the VA figure.