PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...Blisters

Princess_Dot
09-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Well I made the mistake of wearing NEW boots the other day. Problem is, I spent the entire day walking around Boston. Now my heels have these monster blisters on them. See I was a dancer for years (and still do musical theatre style) so I can handle the every day blister (usualy in dance they just turn into calices [sp?]) But these HURT like crazy!

They are about 2 inches round and cover the entire back part of my ankle/upper heel.
(I know its because I have super skinny ankles, anything that rubs against them can irratate them because it is just skin and bone there, I should have taken that into concideration.)

Does anyone have ANY tips to keep them from hurting?

Right now everything is irritating the blisters, even my jeans lightly rubbing against my ankles KILLS!! I was practically crying trying to shower today because of the water.

All I did was take 2 layers of goz and tape them to the backs of my ankles. I then put a few bandaids OVER the goz to try to chushion the pain. But now my feet look ridiculous and the blisters still hurt. Please tell me there is a better solution.

imabrat
09-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I feel your pain!
Literally.
I've got blisters too.
The chemo leaked from my bloodstream into my skin on my feet.
Paiiiinnfulllll!!
I can't even stand up,and walking is impossible.

I don't have any advice except for keep a band-aid on it.
And don't get it wet.

I just called my dr. to let them know about my blisters,so if they call back with any advice,I'll be sure to tell you so that it helps maybe.

Hope you feel better soon!:hug:

Princess_Dot
09-29-2007, 01:14 PM
I feel your pain!
Literally.
I've got blisters too.
The chemo leaked from my bloodstream into my skin on my feet.
Paiiiinnfulllll!!
I can't even stand up,and walking is impossible.

I don't have any advice except for keep a band-aid on it.
And don't get it wet.

I just called my dr. to let them know about my blisters,so if they call back with any advice,I'll be sure to tell you so that it helps maybe.

Hope you feel better soon!:hug:

Thanks!
Hope you feel better to! That stinks that the chemo leaked.

FEEL BETTER SOON! :grouphug:

Babyjustrun
09-29-2007, 01:17 PM
I've learned to live with blisters.
My flats give me them on my ankles, and there's one huge one on the back of my foot. I always have blisters on the side of my foot by my toes from the flip flop thong thing. There's like permanent scars there from blistering it so often.
And once and a while the gap between my big toe and the next toe has a blister there too.
I just walk with them and eventually I don't feel it anymore.

TinkerTracy
09-29-2007, 03:17 PM
There are these bandaids that are called blister blocks. They are supposed to prevent blisters but I used them when I get one...which is like all the time. They help a lot and basically stay on until the blister pops and then you just take it off.

Feel better!

disneydance
09-29-2007, 03:24 PM
The things that TinkerTracy just recomended work real well i get them from wearing flats and sometime flip flops and i am a dance so that doesnt help at all i use them and they feel fine hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disney100666
09-29-2007, 04:09 PM
band-aids!!!! or I just deal with the pain, from walking around our GIANT school in flats!

wakenup
11-06-2007, 11:32 AM
I'd recommend giving the ENGO Blister Patches a try. The patches are low-friction and apply to your shoes, not the skin. The idea is to treat the cause of blisters (friction between skin and footwear) rather than patching painful blisters all the time. I've used them for running and working tradeshows for a few years now. The manufacturer even guarantees the product, so it's worth a try.

Ms.Squeakers
11-06-2007, 12:05 PM
I'd recommend giving the ENGO Blister Patches a try. The patches are low-friction and apply to your shoes, not the skin. The idea is to treat the cause of blisters (friction between skin and footwear) rather than patching painful blisters all the time. I've used them for running and working tradeshows for a few years now. The manufacturer even guarantees the product, so it's worth a try.

Hello i dont think i have met you before..

After all your first post was on blisters :lmao: rotflol

Im Mouse

I have never gotten blisters before only from monkey bars..and i cant even DO monkey bars...so...yeah..

Good Luck

STOPxmickeytime
11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I get normal blisters all the time.
But I got these super-human crazzzzzy blisters in Germany from walking around in these shoes I got there all over Munich and Augsburg.

For me, I just had to wait till I got home and switched to flip flops, and eventually they healed.
Hope you feel better soon!

tinkerbelle22
11-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I think I have really thin skin on my feet :confused3
Cause I get the WORST blisters!
Like in WDW, for example, I was wearing Crocs, and that gave my toes and the side of my feet blisters, so I switched to flippy-floppys. Then that made me get the worst blisters imaginable on the place where the straps are. Jeez. I have special band-aids and this thing called Blister Block that is a roll on jell-ish thing (feels like deodorant meets Vicks), and the band-aids came right off, in two seconds. But the Blister Block helps most of the time. I recommend that.
I have a blister right now on my fourth toe. It's pretty bad, even showering hurts, like you said.

But anyways, good luck, and try Blister Block (you can probably get it at a pharmacy). Hope you feel better! :)

Rockstar mentality
11-06-2007, 03:13 PM
i have a question. alot of u were saying that ure getting blisters from flats and flip flops. y do u wear them if they give u blisters?

Pirate Me
11-06-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't get blisters but my friend told me she LIVES on Blister Block. xD
I've heard Moleskin works well.
And I've also heard to stay away from pedicures. When they use the pumice it takes the first layer of skin off, making it more vulnerable to blisters.

tinkerbelle22
11-06-2007, 04:40 PM
i have a question. alot of u were saying that ure getting blisters from flats and flip flops. y do u wear them if they give u blisters?

Because basically every shoe I wear gives me blisters at some time or another. Except sneakers, those take about a year to give me blisters. But I don't like wearing sneakers every day, ya know? :)

bouncytigger22
11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
OMG!!! I am an irish dancer, so i get TONS AND TONS of blisters! i know they hurt sooo bad. I just put band-aids on them. :]

Rockstar mentality
11-06-2007, 07:40 PM
yeah i understand i wear sneakers all year long then i wear a pair of crocks in the summer

::Snow_White::
11-06-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't get blisters often.
Only when I wear new flats and heels.
But after the first couple times I won't get blisters from them anymore.
I just wait until they go away. Sorry. I don't have any advice for it.

TinkerTracy
11-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah blisters are a huge part of my life. Every shoe seems to give me them...and then they stay there for a while. Not fun. But now I can wear my Uggs and those don't give me blisters!