PDA

View Full Version : Woody's RoundUp!

bumbershoot
09-28-2007, 03:01 PM
I never see anyone mentioning this!

We stumbled upon it (and the petting "zoo" area, which was closed when we went by b/c of the weather) one day, and it was so cute!

They have it decorated for Halloween, the kids can color, then decorate mini-pumpkins. DS met Woody, and could have met Jessie if he wanted to wait in line again. The next day we came back (had to leave the first day for a DVC presentation (and $50 giftcard)) so he could see the actual Round-Up show, which was very cute and fun.

Anyone else go to this recently, and enjoy it as much as DS (we) did?

mommy2allyandaveri
09-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Completely off topic...

How did you get invited to a DVC presentation to get the $50 gift card and how long was it. I would like more information on it anyway so this sounds like a great idea to me. Were you able to take your little ones?

mommy2allyandaveri
09-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Oh and yes it is a really cute area. We went last year in the beginning of October and DD really liked it. Everytime we went in the little petting zoo was closed though so she was a little bummed out.

jemilah
09-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Tell me about the mini pumpkin.......is it real? Is it an extra charge? TIA!

bumbershoot
09-28-2007, 03:21 PM
DVC. We were at Paradise Pier the first 4 nights, and there was an invitation/offer for the presentation and the giftcard. We made the appointment, then actually had to change dates (we were having a horrid few hours right before the appointment and weren't up for it), and by the time we had the presentation we were actually out of PP. We were honest about that, and they still honored the offer.

They have a childcare area which was in a room right across from the room where we were. It was just us and the presentation guy. I was tired and wanted the nitty gritty on DVC, but DH doesn't know as much as I do (from when I was reading the DVC forum here) so it was great for him. Personable guy, felt bad telling him we couldn't do it right now, but they are the GOOD type of salespeople, where they want you to come back, do NOT want to sell you something you can't afford, and won't do a hard-sell (as soon as we said "no, not right now", he gave one last little nudge, but then backed right off).

Because our presentation was so long (we chatted for a good hour before talking DVC), DS spent about 2 hours in kidcare. He had tea parties with little girls, he watched movies, he played with the nice ladies there...and he cried and cried when we had to go.

There are kiosks all over the place, and I don't know what sort of incentive they have for those staying offsite, but it really seemed like one could have worked something out with them.

Of course, that 2 hours "off" from DS on that particular day would have been worth a giftcard, if they had refused to honor it b/c we weren't staying at PP on THAT day. :upsidedow

mini-pumpkins:

They were just handed out with sticker-eyes (or eye stickers?). No extra charge, UNlike the $6 cookies to decorate (we skipped those).

By the way, it's CASH only out there, b/c they aren't hooked up for cards. So if you want a cookie to decorate, tub of popcorn, or whatever else they have to buy, have cash (or disney dollars, I imagine).

And yes the pumpkin was real. :) DS managed to get three, b/c he asked them sweetly for another on the first day we went, and then got another on the second day we went there. I think DS would have happily gone there every day!

Oh, and it's really pretty in there, with trees and jackolantern lanterns in the trees, and all the Fall decorations. Very relaxing.

jemilah
09-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks ....wow $6.00 for the cookies is unbelievable , they probably are not very tasty either! I will look for the mini pumpkins , they sound great !

Hofmanns4
09-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Bumbershoot-

Hope you had a wonderful trip! Did your allergies clear up?

I assume they were selling the DVC for home memberships in Florida,right?

Did he have anything interesting to say about the DCV at the GC?

Sorry to be nosey:flower3: Just curious!

bumbershoot
09-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Allergies were better once I got out of my dad's pet-filled house.

They were selling AKV and some SSR.

The CA DVC was announced officially a couple days before our appointment, but they won't be selling them for awhile.

:)

CinderellaDreamer
09-28-2007, 04:11 PM
I haven't heard about this and would love to know more! Where is it located and what do they do? I have three Toy Story fans!

Thanks!

(and love your new picture!)

bumbershoot
09-28-2007, 04:24 PM
It's back "behind" BTMRR, sort of hidden IMO. I turned the wrong way after riding that coaster, and discovered it. Also discovered that it comes out (the path) near Dumbo, which was a path I'd never followed before!

This is the difference between going as a child with harried parents or going on one-day "blasts", vs taking 6 or 7 days to explore. And we still didn't see everything, let alone DO everything!

DS is sitting on my lap (we came home with head colds and he's being needy) so I'm not going to go find my keepsakes right now, but it's an area where you can do little arts/crafts things (color and the pumpkins), can decorate an extra-cost cookie (comes in a box), and then every, hmm, hour starting at 11 (don't know when it ends) there's a "stage" show with Jessie, Woody, the horse, and a narrator. I have NO idea if it's something done outside of Halloween, but they did the Autumn/Halloween thing really well! The storyline was about a black cat being bad luck (but really being good luck), and there were jack-o-lantern-type lanterns, otherwise it would have just been an Autumn-themed area, for those who don't "do" Halloween.

godalejunior
09-28-2007, 06:08 PM
We were at the GC last week for three nights and they had a $100 gift card if you did the DVC presentation. We were told it takes 45-60 minutes. If we would have been there one more day we would have done it.

minniebeth
09-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Does anyone know what kind of animals are in the petting zoo?

iceskatejen
10-01-2007, 01:13 PM
They have goats and sheep in the petting area. Also, when I went last Wednesday, Maggie the cow and Ferdinand the bull were on display (no petting these guys).

momto2nenas
10-01-2007, 01:51 PM
I've never noticed a petting zoo while there :( My girls would love it and we've never got to meet Woody or Jesse either and they are BIG with my kids! Hopefully next year we can do it.

Is this a seasonal thing or do they do Woody's Roundup year round?

iceskatejen
10-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Woody and Jesse seem to be up there permanently for meet and greets. So's the petting zoo. The shows are just during Halloween time, though. At Christmas it becomes Santa's Reindeer Round-up and the petting area is full of reindeer, but you can only admire them from outside the fence, then.

MATTERHORN
10-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Also, you do not have to stay onsite to do the presentation and gift card deal!! Just find a cart within the parks or DTD that is selling DVC, that's how we did it. I didn't want to buy before a CA DVC was announced, now I would love to, but want to see how points work out at the Grand!

Andrea

bumbershoot
10-01-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't know the answers to those last questions, sorry!

But here are a couple pictures. To show you what a nice, quiet atmosphere we encountered (an hour or two after a big rainstorm, off-season, right after it opened), see how empty it is around DS and Woody?

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d709b3127ccebd28872794d700000035118CZMmjFq1bC

The show:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d709b3127ccebd28649ed48700000026108CZMmjFq1bC

Decorations. Really a picture-posing-spot.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d709b3127ccebd28649f55b600000026108CZMmjFq1bC

bumbershoot
10-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh, there's a basket in that last picture of the mini-pumpkins! I promise that they gave others out to the kids to decorate, along with eye stickers. He didn't snag them from that basket. :upsidedow