PDA

View Full Version : A Very Belated Trip Report DAY 7 - Epcot, Food Among the Flowers Brunch

jesdmill1
01-21-2001, 03:23 AM
Trip Dates: June 11-17, 2000

The Cast:
Me, Jessica, 22 and a first time Disney visitor
My Mom – 45, a Disney nut dying to see Animal Kingdom

Sat June 17 – Epcot – Food Among the Flowers

We woke early and checked out of the hotel, having them hold our bags until we left. We then headed for Epcot. We were booked for the Food Among the Flowers brunch. Since we were early we rode Universe of Energy and the Land again. I wanted to ride Test Track but it was down. Then my Mom headed to Mexico and bought the necklace she had been contemplating, and bought me an ankle bracelet. We headed over to the odyssey for our PS time. It took about 10 minutes for us to be seated. The odyssey restaurant is, I guess, used mostly for wedding receptions and private parties now. It does have a somewhat “70s” feel so it – it’s very orangey. It was decorated nicely with flowers everywhere. A jazz band was playing jazz versions of Disney Songs. A waitress took our drink orders. Mom had a Mimosa and I had Iced Tea (as usual). The food was wonderful. I’ll try to list everything I tried (I promise, tiny portions!) Omelet, Rosemary Leg of Lamb, Melon slices, Walnut crusted chicken, Chile Relenos, Sweet and Sour Eggplant, Lemon Chicken, Spring Roll, Asian Salad with Miso Dressing, Smoked Salmon, Spanish Paella. For dessert I had a red velvet cake and rice pudding with cherry sauce. It was one of the best meals we had, and I would highly recommend it to anyone there during the Flower and Garden festival.

After lunch we sadly left epcot and went back to the hotel, where Darcy from Tiffany Town Car picked us up to take us back to the airport. I had a panic attack on the flight, which was very bad and dropped suddenly several times. I vowed to never fly again! Still though, I had a great time, and my Mom and I finally got a vacation together.

August 2001 - Wilderness Lodge
June 2000 - Port Orleans
August 1999 - Disneyland

snuggles
01-21-2001, 04:42 AM
That food sounds yummy. We will have to try that resturant out one day. I see that we missed you by just a day or two. We were crusing while you were in the parks.

http://dingo.care-mail.com/cards/new/0037/hipgrl1.gif
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

whosezMN
01-21-2001, 11:16 AM
::sigh:: .... even *reading* about somebody else's last day makes me sad. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! I'm sorry the flight home was tough for you.

Marla Hellwig
02-13-2001, 05:15 PM
That last day is always so sad. Thanks for posting!