View Full Version : A Very Belated Trip Report - Final Thoughts

jesdmill1
01-21-2001, 03:25 AM
Trip Dates: June 11-17, 2000

The Cast:
Me, Jessica, 22 and a first time Disney visitor
My Mom – 45, a Disney nut dying to see Animal Kingdom

Final Thoughts

I loved my first trip to the world. There isn’t much I would do differently. I would plan 2 full days at Epcot, and I would take more breaks. There are several rides I missed because we just didn’t have time.

I found myself comparing everything to DL since I had been there first. Oddly, many attractions I liked less in WDW (Tiki room, Pirates of the Carribean). I can’t decide if this is because of the sense of history that Disney Land has, or because I experienced Disneyland first.

After I got back I found myself trying to find ways to go back to the world. My BF and I are planning a trip in August of this year to celebrate him finally getting his master’s degree. We’re staying at the Wilderness Lodge from August 14-21st, so maybe I’ll see some DISers around! I can’t wait! This belated trip report has really helped me get back in the spirit. My BF hasn’t been since the age of 10, and I know he will love Disney!
Thanks for reading this far!

Jessica

August 2001 - Wilderness Lodge
June 2000 - Port Orleans
August 1999 - Disneyland

snuggles
01-21-2001, 04:44 AM
Thanks for such a great report. Its a lot of fun to read about other peoples experiences in the parks. Remember to write another one in August :)

http://dingo.care-mail.com/cards/new/0037/hipgrl1.gif
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

LtlTee
01-21-2001, 05:04 AM
Loved your trip reports! We will be at the WL from August 11 - 18th. Have to get our lime green ribbons! Thanks for posting.

Jcricket Fan
01-21-2001, 07:28 AM
Thanks so much for the report. I will be traveling for the first time with just my mom and we are very excited about it. It will be her first trip to WDW so I am trying to plan the highlights for her (no way to see everything!) We will be doing the tea at GF also. I love to read these reports and live WDW through other people's experiences.
Colleen :)

cprior
01-21-2001, 10:24 AM
Thanks so much for sharing your trip report, belated or not! I love reading everyone opinion's on the rides and restaurants and reports like yours keep me going until my trip in March.

Cheryl

whosezMN
01-21-2001, 11:18 AM
Great report, Jessica! Thanks for posting.

You and your BF are going to LOVE the Wilderness Lodge!!

jesdmill1
01-21-2001, 10:49 PM
Thanks to everyone for their kind words! I'll be sure to write another report when we get back in August!

Jess

August 2001 - Wilderness Lodge
June 2000 - Port Orleans
August 1999 - Disneyland

Marla Hellwig
02-13-2001, 05:59 PM
You had a great trip and thanks for posting!