PDA

View Full Version : Early Booking Discounts Gone for Wyoming


Jynohn
09-27-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm so disappointed :(

We've been looking forward to the Wyoming trip for some time, but my husband is military so I didn't book right away until we were sure of his schedule. I still thought I was calling pretty early, but when I asked for a quote yesterday I was told that the only date still available with the early booking discount is 8/30-9/6. That date isn't feasible for us since it would mean DD would miss her first week of school. The quote I got for two adults and one child was $8800. Ouch.

Looks like ABD is really starting to catch on!

Oh well, guess we have another year to save...

isyt
09-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Is the early booking discount only good for a certain number of bookings? I thought as long as you booked the 120 days out you were safe.

jlou
09-27-2007, 09:09 AM
How old is your daughter? I wouldn't be too concerned about her missing first week of school. They really don't do too much that week anyway. Around here, we don't have a "spring break" and people often pull their kids out of school for a week anyway, for a Disney trip or some such. The teachers always know that it will be an educational experience, and give an assignment, like keeping a journal or studying something at Epcot. I think missing the first week will result with her not missing as much actual school work as she would if she was out in March. But this is all JMO. Sorry you missed the date you wanted. Bummer.

Jynohn
09-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Is the early booking discount only good for a certain number of bookings? I thought as long as you booked the 120 days out you were safe.

That's what I thought too, which is why we weren't in such a huge rush to book. The website is confusing, as it does state the discount is available for bookings at least 120 days out. But apparently they hold only a certain amount of spaces for the early booking discount. I was told there was still plenty of space available for the dates I was looking for, but none with the discounts. :(

Jynohn
09-27-2007, 09:18 AM
How old is your daughter? I wouldn't be too concerned about her missing first week of school. They really don't do too much that week anyway. Around here, we don't have a "spring break" and people often pull their kids out of school for a week anyway, for a Disney trip or some such. The teachers always know that it will be an educational experience, and give an assignment, like keeping a journal or studying something at Epcot. I think missing the first week will result with her not missing as much actual school work as she would if she was out in March. But this is all JMO. Sorry you missed the date you wanted. Bummer.

She'll be starting second grade next year. I don't have a problem taking her out of school (she usually misses a week in January for our annual WDW trip) but I would kind of feel bad if she misses the first few days since that's when everyone's starting to get settled, getting to know one another, etc. You have a point about her not missing as much work though.

I think we'll probably just wait until next year. We were stretching the budget with this trip to begin with, now I guess I'll just have another year to save.

MrsG
09-27-2007, 04:57 PM
We booked at the end of Aug for next July and thought for sure we would get the early booking discount as the points and prices and new itineraries had just been announced. WRONG! Instead we got one of the last slots for that week in July!!! I guess I'm grateful to have gotten the date I wanted. I never dreamed it would sell out this early. They did say this was one of the most popular ABD.

mtdsnylvr
09-27-2007, 05:09 PM
I hate to hear you are disappointed. We go to Jackson every summer. We have for the last 15 years or so. You could easily do this trip yourself. I would recommend calling Rendevous Mountain Rentals for a condo at the Jackson Raquet Club to use as home base. One or two nights at Old Faithful Inn and you'd be set. Just a thought....

LisaG
09-29-2007, 08:11 AM
We have been talking about going to Wyoming with ABD for some time now. I called the first of Sept. and all of the early booking spaces were gone for the summer months. The quoted regular price was way too much. Guess I'll have to call even earlier for next year! Instead, we booked Emerald Isle with an early booking discount. :thumbsup2

abbyjt
09-29-2007, 09:15 AM
We were interested in the China trip. I called to ask some questions the day after the web site with the new itineraries was put up and was told the early booking discounts for all the China trips:coffee: :coffee: were sold out already. This year they are limiting the number of early bookers per trip. Last year you had until Dec 2 to book early. I emailed Disney how dissappointed I was about this, but got no responce, not even a standard reply. We did book the Germany trip for next year with the early discount (China was an additional $5000 for our family for an already very expensive trip). That discount for Germany was still available on the week we picked, but not on several others. This was all on Sept 1 or 2. We travelled with ABD for the past 2 summers and loved it, but already have discussed something different for 09 because we don't care for the way they did this.:coffee:

MJGirl
09-29-2007, 09:57 AM
We were interested in the China trip. I called to ask some questions the day after the web site with the new itineraries was put up and was told the early booking discounts for all the China trips:coffee: :coffee: were sold out already. This year they are limiting the number of early bookers per trip. Last year you had until Dec 2 to book early. I emailed Disney how dissappointed I was about this, but got no responce, not even a standard reply. We did book the Germany trip for next year with the early discount (China was an additional $5000 for our family for an already very expensive trip). That discount for Germany was still available on the week we picked, but not on several others. This was all on Sept 1 or 2. We travelled with ABD for the past 2 summers and loved it, but already have discussed something different for 09 because we don't care for the way they did this.:coffee:

Just a thought everyone... Now that all of us early bookers are starting to get our info (I got mine yesterday) and we have 14 days to commit to the trip or lose our deposit, do you think some of the early booking spots may open back up ??? Sometimes people may book and then get a dose of reality when they get the bill and have to commit!

abbyjt
09-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Just a thought everyone... Now that all of us early bookers are starting to get our info (I got mine yesterday) and we have 14 days to commit to the trip or lose our deposit, do you think some of the early booking spots may open back up ??? Sometimes people may book and then get a dose of reality when they get the bill and have to commit!


I don't think so. I actually asked that when I called. I said, if some of those who booked before the web site went up changed their minds when they saw the price, would those spots open up again. The agent said it didn't work that way. I wish they hadn't called it an early booking discount, because it isn't. It is a limited first come first serve discount. I hope they rethink that with the growing popularity.

jlou
09-29-2007, 10:14 AM
MJGirl,
is that how it works? I guess I thought I had 14 days from when I booked to cancel. I knew about having to get the form back to them within 14 days, but I think that meant that if I didn't get it back to them within 14 days, it would be considered a cancellation. Thus, if I cancel, and it's been more than 14 days since I booked, I lose the deposit.

I guess for me, it's mute point, since I'm not planning on cancelling.

Anyway, they did say that I could be wait listed for a pre-stay, as for some reason, the pre-stays were already booked when I inquired about them. I guess you could maybe ask to be wait listed for an early booking discount as well. It's worth a try.

MJGirl, speaking of the prestay, I know that you did a lot of "extra" stuff around the Adventure. Since I could not book the prestay with Disney, I booked the same hotel in London online myself, for a night ahead of the tour. Do you know if ABD will still pick me and my family up the day before? I imagine that they will already be transporting people for their prestays.
Thanks!

MJGirl
09-29-2007, 11:26 AM
MJGirl,
is that how it works? I guess I thought I had 14 days from when I booked to cancel. I knew about having to get the form back to them within 14 days, but I think that meant that if I didn't get it back to them within 14 days, it would be considered a cancellation. Thus, if I cancel, and it's been more than 14 days since I booked, I lose the deposit.

I guess for me, it's mute point, since I'm not planning on cancelling.

Anyway, they did say that I could be wait listed for a pre-stay, as for some reason, the pre-stays were already booked when I inquired about them. I guess you could maybe ask to be wait listed for an early booking discount as well. It's worth a try.

MJGirl, speaking of the prestay, I know that you did a lot of "extra" stuff around the Adventure. Since I could not book the prestay with Disney, I booked the same hotel in London online myself, for a night ahead of the tour. Do you know if ABD will still pick me and my family up the day before? I imagine that they will already be transporting people for their prestays.
Thanks!

Hi Jlou ...

First I think it's the opposite, if you don't get back to them to cancel within 14 days then you are a go. I'm not really sure, because like you .. I'm not cancelling.

Second, I don't think wait-listing for a early booking is possible, according to what abbyjt said.

Finally, regarding the prestay, for my London/Paris adventure, I didn't book a pre or post stay with ABD, only with my cruise. I did however book one night pre-stay with by Backstage Magic tour. I wanted to book 3 nights, but they could only get me one. I may keep on trying to see if availability pops up as the ABD price is cheaper than booking it myself. To be on the safe side, I booked the extra two nights on my own at the Renaissance Hollywood. ABD told me that I would not be able to get pick up service as this is only available if you book your pre-stay's with them. For what it is worth, the Renaissance told me that I can pay $50 for a cab from LAX to the Hotel or pay $15 per person for the Super Shuttle. As there is just two of us, I'm going with the Super Shuttle! Oh yeah and as I'm going on another cruise after the Adventure, I asked if they could drive me to the cruise ship instead of the Airport and was told no. I will have to arrange my own transportation to the Magic!

I hope all this makes sense and answers your question.

dingoballs
09-29-2007, 02:27 PM
We were interested in the China trip. I called to ask some questions the day after the web site with the new itineraries was put up and was told the early booking discounts for all the China trips:coffee: :coffee: were sold out already. This year they are limiting the number of early bookers per trip. Last year you had until Dec 2 to book early. I emailed Disney how dissappointed I was about this, but got no responce, not even a standard reply. We did book the Germany trip for next year with the early discount (China was an additional $5000 for our family for an already very expensive trip). That discount for Germany was still available on the week we picked, but not on several others. This was all on Sept 1 or 2. We travelled with ABD for the past 2 summers and loved it, but already have discussed something different for 09 because we don't care for the way they did this.:coffee:

Hmm, that's interesting. We called on 09-23-07 to book our China trip and we got the early booking discount...

3pirates
09-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Hi Jlou ...

First I think it's the opposite, if you don't get back to them to cancel within 14 days then you are a go. I'm not really sure, because like you .. I'm not cancelling.



I know you've done a trip but I'm not sure this statement is correct...the paperwork I received says "ABD must have a copy of your signed agreement within 14 days of the date listed above or it will be considered a cancellation by you (cancellation penalties apply.)"

I read that as if we want to go we'd better send the form or we will lose our deposit. The date is the date they sent the reservation confirmation, in my case 9/25. (So my family has some decisions to make!):)