PDA

View Full Version : I recently made myself on National TELEVISION

barfownz
09-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Last month, My buddy CJ, Greg and I were featured in a segmant on the show 'Scarred' which airs on MTV, and MTV 2.

Last December, We were skateboarding in front of a local elementary school and we decided to firecracker some stairs...during that process CJ broke his arm in 2 places in a sewage ditch off to the side of it.

Thank Gosh for cameras in this word and for witnesses. Greg filmed the entire thing while i watched in shock CJ running around with his broken arm. We later uploaded the arm break to YouTube the following day and got over 20,000 hits in 3 months. During that time, MTV contacted me asking me a bunch of questions relating to CJ, Greg and I and the arm break. We came to a conclution and MTV came out and filmed us for the day. I found out it was going to air because i was in my watching MTV one night and it advertised OUR episode because i guess ours was the headliner of even though we were #3.

It aired last month at the beginning of August. For all who have seen this episode, GREAT! It is still showing reruns in case you want to check it out again.
For all of you who hasnt seen it... HERE IT IS.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1565999&vid=167362

They edited out my talking, i said a lot. I was still shown. i'm the guy in the Blue hat sitting on the RIGHT of the stairs.

But it was CJ's 5 minutes of fame. Still got and still getting comments at school about it too. Enjoy.

PurpleDucky
09-26-2007, 11:47 PM
I remember than one, I love that show

disneydance
09-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Ouch thats sounds painful but congrats on making it on national tv!!!!

Disney.Ears
09-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Scarred is so painful to watch, but I love it :)
It's one of those "It's so gross, but I can't change the channel!" shows.

Sparx
09-27-2007, 06:55 AM
I love that show.

but when I saw the first line of your post, i was thinking 'please dear god don't let this be the kid who cut his scrotum. I won't be able to make a serious post.';)

VMK_MagicalLadee
09-27-2007, 07:06 AM
"Copyrights restrict us from playing this video outside the US"

ROFL.

Oh well. Mustve been good :p

Mickey's_Ghost
09-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Me too...

Well maybe they will show it sometime.

Ms.Squeakers
09-27-2007, 02:43 PM
oo gosh thats sick!! Very cool to be on telivison but like..omg thats soo gross man its looked nassstttyy

disney100666
09-27-2007, 02:54 PM
oh ooowww! I've never seen that episode. wow congrats! and I hope your friend is now ok!

Babyjustrun
09-27-2007, 02:56 PM
I love Scarred.
I'll look for that episode, on my MTV site (I live in Canada, so it's different).

Damhsa04
09-27-2007, 03:17 PM
that show is so disgusting. i watched one episode in the summer and i hid behind my covers half the time. i hate it when the repeat the breaking noise over and over and over and over again. gross.

princesskelz
09-27-2007, 03:26 PM
o god that made me sick to my stomach watchin that!! :sick:

barfownz
09-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah.

I'm the guy on the far right in the blue hat. I was a witness at the incedent, but also the most imporant player of them all.

I loaded the original arm break to my YouTube (Non-censored too!) and MTV contacted me and said they'd like to do a segamnt and junk.

Pretty awesome, though.

Sparx
09-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Yeah.

I'm the guy on the far right in the blue hat. I was a witness at the incedent, but also the most imporant player of them all.

I loaded the original arm break to my YouTube (Non-censored too!) and MTV contacted me and said they'd like to do a segamnt and junk.

Pretty awesome, though.

oh thats neat. I always wondered how mtv found people, since it says not to send in clips of stuff.

AngienLuLu
09-27-2007, 04:30 PM
CONGRATS! :) That's pretty cool.

barfownz
09-27-2007, 04:44 PM
oh thats neat. I always wondered how mtv found people, since it says not to send in clips of stuff.

The internet! Hah.

Babyjustrun
09-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Okay.
I just watched it.
That was my favorite episode. There was another clip in the episode of a guy snapping his leg in half.
I don't see you in the video though.

TwistyMisty
09-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Congratulations.
Sounds scary.

barfownz
09-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Okay.
I just watched it.
That was my favorite episode. There was another clip in the episode of a guy snapping his leg in half.
I don't see you in the video though.

I'm the guy on the far right sitting on the stairs with my friends Greg and CJ.

taz
09-27-2007, 09:23 PM
LOL
Thats Wicked!popcorn::

Disney.Ears
09-28-2007, 05:15 PM

I've always wanted to know that too! I didn't know whether they just found people or whatever...never knew.

All I know is that Parental Control, Next, etc. etc. is all scripted crap. That's when I get annoyed with MTV.

TwistyMisty
09-28-2007, 05:18 PM
I saw the arm, i feel like throwing up.

barfownz
09-28-2007, 05:44 PM
I saw the arm, i feel like throwing up.

Should of seen it in person, my friend. My buddy Josh DID throw up after seeing it.

I've always wanted to know that too! I didn't know whether they just found people or whatever...never knew.

All I know is that Parental Control, Next, etc. etc. is all scripted crap. That's when I get annoyed with MTV.

Yep. My friend's sister was on NEXT and my friend said that her sister told him that is is ALL SCRIPTED. Nothing is what they really say. EVERY word they say is scripted. Escpecially those dumb perverted jokes.

Damhsa04
09-28-2007, 05:48 PM
ugh. that was disgusting. omg. good thing i didn't just eat.

barfownz
09-28-2007, 05:52 PM
ugh. that was disgusting. omg. good thing i didn't just eat.

It got us all paid though. :/

Disney.Ears
09-28-2007, 05:56 PM
You got paid for being in a video where your friend got hurt?

AngelInDisguise
09-28-2007, 06:07 PM
omg

That is like freaking me out right now. OWWWWWW

barfownz
09-28-2007, 06:11 PM
You got paid for being in a video where your friend got hurt?

Us 3 got paid...

For the video itself, so they own it now, we don't.
Being filmed
Being on shown on TV worldwide

Princess Ash
09-29-2007, 01:05 AM
That's so awesome that you are on MTV! Congrats!

And getting paid to boot?

Good job being boys :rolleyes:

BandGeek911
09-29-2007, 01:13 AM
:eek:
Ouch!

My stomach like...churned...when I saw his arm.
At first I didn't see what happened, but then I saw his arm and was like ohh god!

Omg, when I saw his arm, the way he was stooping, i was like, is his arm going to fall off? I thought that the bone connecting the arm fell out of the shoulder socket xD

But, after they replayed it, I was still like :eek:
Glad your friend's ok though.
I might have to show my brother this video, maybe it'll get him and his skateboard buddies to stop skatboarding on my driveway xD

Lil_Tink
09-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Haha wow congrats! I like your friends hair though haha

barfownz
09-29-2007, 04:17 AM
Haha wow congrats! I like your friends hair though haha

CJ? Ha yeah.