PDA

View Full Version : Wow that's gay!

tinkerbell12
09-26-2007, 05:43 PM
So this totally retarded kid in my class is soo gay. He dresses all black and is totally emo and he's such a freak!

Those words: retarded, gay, emo.

They're so overused.
They're so incorrectly used, too.

What are your opinions on them?
Do you use them?

Speak.

Sparx
09-26-2007, 05:48 PM
retarded=/=stupid
gay=/=stupid
emo=/=stupid.

is there anything else to really say about it?:confused3

::Snow_White::
09-26-2007, 05:49 PM
I hate it when when they are used incorrectly.

Damhsa04
omg i seriously just thought that you were seriously using those words. (i use the word serious too much. i blame grey's anatomy) Even though for the past week people have been posting how much people misuse those words. On the Pet Peeves thread and the Gay Marriage thread.

Now that i've read your post I think it's true that people use those words without thinking. Kids in my school always say that's wicked gay. omg that's retarded. I used to say stuff but some of my friends are gay and I don't want to offend them in anyway.

AngelInDisguise
I will say, that was stupid or gay, or retarted

Lizbon
09-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Whenever my friends say "that shirt is so gay" and stuff like that I say this:

"Oh really, does that shirt like another shirt of the same gender, or is it really happy?"

Then, they look at me and say nothing becasue they know I am right.

Babyjustrun
09-26-2007, 05:50 PM
I only use emo, on emo people.
And I've come to terms that the actually emo, emo, sad emo kids really scare me.
Really.

Mickey1122
09-26-2007, 05:56 PM
a

Tinkerbell424
09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Woah for a second I actually thought you were serious..lol.

I think it's VERY idiotic and not mature to use those words to describe a person or an action.:rolleyes:

Kats~Meow
09-26-2007, 06:09 PM
I really don't use any three of those very much at all, because I know I wouldn't want to be called them in return. I do however use groovy a lot.:lmao:

StitchfansJr
09-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I hate when people use those words incorrectly, too.

Vannah
09-26-2007, 06:33 PM
It makes me so mad when people say that a shirt or something is "gay".
I've tried explaining to my friends that they shouldn't say that because it might offened someone, but they just look at me like I'm crazy.

I will admit that my flute doesn't like other flutes, though.

EDIT:
When I say my flute doesn't like other flutes, I mean my flute, the instrument that I play in band.
Just wanted to clear that up.

Jasmine45
09-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Kids at my School are obsesed with saying Gay.
=P

crazytp93
09-26-2007, 06:58 PM
its a word often misused.

everyone is like obsessed with saying it.

Ms.Squeakers
09-26-2007, 06:59 PM
I almost NEVER say retarded even when referring to a mentally challeneged person, i always just say "Mentally challenged"

And as for emo? Well i think thats a little different because i dont say it like "omg hes so emo" nope its the type of school i go to where i can say it and it makes sense

and for gay? Im not even going to comment on that....

SplshMtnLvr28
09-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow, I thought you were serious! Lmao, I was about to go off...

Yes, it's stupid. Incredibly stupid, and offensive.

And it annoys the hell out of me. :cool2:

ktbutterfly2011
09-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Actually... i've been using those terms for so long... that I don't really notice that I use them. And I don't have a problem when I hear people using them either.

People never had a problem with 'phat' and I don't see people having problems with 'ghetto' or 'pimpin'... so it's a phase. People will stop using 'gay' and 'retarted' eventually. People say stuff. If it bothers you... then don't let it.

TinkerTracy
09-26-2007, 08:03 PM
It's so stupid.

Pirate Me
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
These are extremely stupid and I hate it when people use them without their correct meaning. Also phrases like "you should go to rehab". I hate that one the most.

disney100666
09-27-2007, 05:13 PM
people say those words all the time at our school. the only one I would use would be Emo, like some kids are at my school. they scare me biggg time!

lpe_bratz
09-27-2007, 05:14 PM
just wanted to say a SIXTH grader on my bus actually said these words this many times:

gay: 9 times
retarded: 2 times
punk emo kid: 4 times

just want to remind u that i'm on the bus for about 15 minutes.

Lizbon
09-27-2007, 05:48 PM
See the word emo in general annoys me. For the longest time I didn't know what it meant, and really I still don't 100%. Emo is a type of music and now people are going around calling people who are basically just "goth", emo. It just doesn't make sense to me. :confused3

taz
09-27-2007, 06:02 PM
It seems like everyone always says...

"That's Gay"
or
"There So Gay"

It really is gettign annoyign:confused3

PowerMonkey
09-27-2007, 06:02 PM
i use those words around my friends all the time... dont mean to offend anyone with them, but its just a term .. slang basically.. i mean, it shouldnt really be a crime to use them out of their literal context... like when you call someone an " a s s " , you dont mean that theyre a butt.. you mean that theyre a jerk... so its in the same respects as that

AngienLuLu
09-27-2007, 06:07 PM
I hate it when people use gay as an insult. Ie "That's so gay."

_Twinks&Spinks_
09-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Well first of all, people like ignorant kids call me "emo"..
I'm not "emo"!! I just like punk stuff and music thats all, I don't cut myself and I am not goth. I just wear Vans, Converse shoes, excessive amount of bracelets which include punk things, etc. I am just a normal person with different likes and hates thats all, so I don't need a fat label on me..

Secondly, kids call lots of kids gay, especially nerds and I am considered a nerd as well as "emo".. (But they don't call me gay since I'm a girl)
These kids at my school are really mean and hurtful to the boys at my school.

Finally, kids call kids who don't catch things the first time retarted. I really feel bad for the kids in Special Ed. since they are the ones who are affected the most in this situation.

I know I might've gotten off topic but oh well, sorry..

C.J. Sparrow
09-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Retarded=Mental problem=/=Stupid.
Gay=Homosexual OR Happy=/=Stupid.
Emo=Emotional=/=Stupid.

WRONG USAGE OF THESE WORDS:

Retarded-You are so retarded!
Gay-Kid Nation is such a gay show!
Emo-That kid's emo! He's wearing black!

disneydance
09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Ok well I wont lie...
I used to say the word retarted all the time and now i rarerly ever say it but i rarely ever say gay and i only refer to people as emo if they know they are emo and accept it

tinkerbelle22
09-28-2007, 03:35 PM
I hate those terms. I mean, when they're used the wrong way. Emo isn't used so much in my school, because we don't have that many actual, real emo kids. But retarted is used all the time. I find it really upsetting because my brother is actually mentally challenged (not retarted, Autistic) and when people who know my brother use that word in front of me...it's like, honestly. Do you not care?
And yeah, a guy I worked with this past summer said that's so gay every 5 seconds. It would be like, in every single sentence that was negative. Which was pretty much all the time. Jeez!

XxCuriosityxX<3
09-28-2007, 03:44 PM
I will say, that was stupid or gay, or retarted

Me 2, but sometimes ppl say them the wrong way.

bouncytigger22
09-28-2007, 09:03 PM
omg i seriously just thought that you were seriously using those words. (i use the word serious too much. i blame grey's anatomy) Even though for the past week people have been posting how much people misuse those words. On the Pet Peeves thread and the Gay Marriage thread.

Now that i've read your post I think it's true that people use those words without thinking. Kids in my school always say that's wicked gay. omg that's retarded. I used to say stuff but some of my friends are gay and I don't want to offend them in anyway.

lol i was like ohkay? but ya ppl use GAY soooooooooooooooo much in my school! its so annoying!!!!! omg emo is used in every sentence! same with retarded!!!

topaz_onyx
09-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Kids at my school are obssed with saying gay, yesterday someone said to me 'omg you have a gay pencil'