PDA

View Full Version : Party for the Senses 10/27 any one ?

timidcharm
09-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Im wondering if anyone is going to TPFTS on 10/27 wanna get together and mingle?:hippie: after the VIP seating of the Village People...... :dance3:

ducklite
09-26-2007, 09:48 AM
DH, DS, and I will be there. Can't wait!

Anne

timidcharm
09-26-2007, 10:13 AM
are you going to the concert?

ducklite
09-26-2007, 10:20 AM
are you going to the concert?

Not sure yet. We're not really fans of the Village People.

Anne

timidcharm
09-26-2007, 10:24 AM
im all in , love the fun music..my disco days ...:woohoo:

Rpsemont
09-30-2007, 11:29 AM
We'll be there! Me, DH and DD (12). Not sure if we'll do the concert, we usually catch the show a different evening and just make our way to the venue. From the other thread for all f &w events meets, it looks like there will about 20 or so dis'ers there. Hopefully some of them will sign in here, too. I can't wait!

(also) Anne

ducklite
10-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Should we try to get one of the large tables for all of us to share? I know that they don't like it when people "hog" the tables, but with 20+ of us sharing a table for ten, I don't see it being a problem.

Rpsemont
10-03-2007, 06:18 PM
I'd love to share a stand up cocktail table - or maybe two (in a couple different areas) Actually, I was trying to think of a way to design a "table Tent" - maybe a piece of styrofoam, a long pice of pipe cleaner (or something more solid) and put LGMH on the top. Then I'd just take it to whatever table I was at, and people would be welcome to join! We find we move around too much to be too anchored down. I know some of the othering in the group were discussing sharing a table early on in another thread.

kmmccart75
10-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Hey, fellow Partiers! DH & I will be there - we are some of the 'others from another thread' Rpsemont mentioned. We have made plans with another group of 4 DISers (Wigit12) to share a table, and I'm sure everyone is welcome. The more of us there are, the more likely someone will be sitting at any given time and no one will have to "stand guard."

We, too, would prefer to move around and mingle, and if it looks like that's possible, we will. It's our first PFTS, and we've heard it can be difficult to even set your drink down, so we thought we'd start with a 'home base' and see how it goes.

The table "tent" is a great idea!!! :thumbsup2 If you come up with something inexpensive, maybe bring a couple, and pass them out to others so we can spread out, but all find each other? We'd love to have one on our table, and it would make it easier to mingle if there were multiple tables scattered around, as you suggested. Or share your design and I'll try to make something similar (if you don't mind)? For the LGMH - are you thinking Home Depot paint chips?

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Only 3 weeks away!! woohoo!! (sorry for all the exclamation points, I am just a little excited - and not as annoying in person, I promise ;) )

ukwildcat
10-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I never responded to the other thread, but DW and I will be there. Not sure if we are going to the Village People, but wouldn't mind saying hello to other Disers. How are we going to know who is who, other than the tent idea? We'll be at Sweet Sundays tomorrow, but really looking forward to PFTS in a few weeks.

Wigit12
10-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Really looking forward to this night!!

I may try to catch the concert on Friday so we don't have to worry about rushing over to PFTS. Having several tables would be great. DH will not be happy if he has to stand and eat:sad2:

mom2cookies
10-07-2007, 05:47 PM
THis is and has been my Dh and I these past few days :banana: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo: LOL We are just sooo excited to be going ( me more then him but..) to the FAWF and the PFTS. THis is our first time going.

I am a big fan of wearing the LGMH so i'll have it on me somewhere even if i have to pin it to my top!

DH would like to sit and eat, but I am game to wander around. I still don't think he quite realizes how the whole PFTS thing works ;) Anyhow, we would love to socialize and meet up with you all. We can " review" the dishes and chose our favorites.
Anyone planning on taking photos and doing a trip/ food report?

AH! can't wait! Thanks kmmccart75 for sending me a PM for this thread.

oh, I doubt Dh and i will be going to the concert. The only song we know by them is YMCA LOL They are a little before MY time , but not Dh's.

Can't wait to meet ya'll!!!!!!!
Diana and Charlie (DH)

jonesmatNY
10-07-2007, 10:20 PM
We picked this weekend to hit WDW and the FWF because of the Village People!!:rolleyes1 The PFTS was an add on once we decided to go. The 27th is also my DW "29th" birthday, she doesnt know it yet, but I'm going to make her wear a birthday pin! First time at the PFTS, but always like to meet others from Disboards, we did a dessert party last month with other Disers and it was great!

TheBeadPirate
10-08-2007, 01:34 PM
We'll be there too. And going to see the Village People- that's the whole reason we chose this weekend! We have a button maker and I made LGMH buttons for DH and I to wear.:goodvibes

:banana: I can't wait!:banana:

timidcharm
10-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Lgmh?

TheBeadPirate
10-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Lgmh?

Yeah. I cut away the background from the paint chip and put it on the button with the silver button back as the background. It ends up looking very Epcot/Tomorrowland-ish.

That way I can put it on my bag, pin lanyard, shirt, etc pretty easily.

I also made cards up for our last trip. So if we met another DISser and wanted to keep in touch they had our screenname and stuff. Easier than trying to find a pen.:thumbsup2

TheBeadPirate
10-08-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't know how well you'll be able to see it. But the button is at the center of DH's lanyard.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q37/rnleichmann/001_0284.jpg

And this is a screen shot of the cards I made.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q37/rnleichmann/001_0270.jpg

timidcharm
10-08-2007, 02:07 PM
:dance3:

kmmccart75
10-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Lgmh?

You probably figured this out from the replies, but the references are to Lime Green Mickey Heads. I have gathered from various threads that is the adopted symbol (and color) of the DIS, in lime green because it is a reasonably rare color that stands out so people can find each other.

This will be my first trip to Disney since finding the DIS, and I can't wait to see how many DISers I can spot/meet.

mom2cookies
10-09-2007, 10:15 AM
and might i add to kmmccart75's post that these LGMH paint chips can be found at Home Depot. They are put out I think by Behr paints. If you aren't crafty WDW does sell a plain black pin about the size of a half dollar coin that has various colors of Mickey Heads. And yes they do have Lime Green!

Oh, does anyone know if the food booths accept credit cards and if there is a minimum to how much you have to buy to use them?

TheBeadPirate
10-09-2007, 10:44 AM
and might i add to kmmccart75's post that these LGMH paint chips can be found at Home Depot. They are put out I think by Behr paints. If you aren't crafty WDW does sell a plain black pin about the size of a half dollar coin that has various colors of Mickey Heads. And yes they do have Lime Green!

Oh, does anyone know if the food booths accept credit cards and if there is a minimum to how much you have to buy to use them?

Last year they took everything- credit cards, gift cards, room charge. No minimum. I expect this year to be the same. They've been promoting the Gift cards pretty heavily to make things "easier". Last year all of the problems we encountered were with running the cards. I hope they have that figured out by the time we get there.

ducklite
10-10-2007, 01:35 PM

I was there for an hour or so Saturday afternoon and bought (I think) four items, used a credit card for most if not all with no problem.

ducklite
10-10-2007, 01:37 PM
What is everybody wearing to PFTS?

It seems that people wear everything from shorts and t-shirts to evening attire.

I think DH and DS will be in slacks and open collared button down shirts, I have no idea for me, maybe a casual dress?

mom2cookies
10-10-2007, 04:46 PM
I am wearing a a plain top with a little bit of a design with a faux suede skirt. Both are a warm brown color. ( total clash with the LGMH but oh well LOL) I haven't decided on which shoes yet. Any suggestions other then not 4 inch heels? Dh is wearing a button up casual shirt and casual dress pants.

And thanks for the replies regarding the CC's.

Wigit12
10-10-2007, 05:26 PM
DH will almost definitely wear his "dress" shorts with a nice cocktail button-up shirt. I'm wearing a nice halter dress I rarely get to wear since I'm always cold when we go out to eat!! But probably comfortable casual sandals. My feet will kill me otherwise.

kmmccart75
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
DH will most likely be in casual slacks and button shirt. If it is hot that evening, maybe khakis and a short-sleeve button shirt (like a dressed-up camp shirt), instead. I haven't decided - casual dress, or a semi-dressy top with skirt or slacks? Sounds to me like we're all thinking about the same...

Only 16 days to go till the Party! :banana:

Rpsemont
10-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Well, I picked up some stuff for a table tent of sorts last night. I picked up green floral foam that I will use as a base, and green floral wire (the stiff straight ones. I haven't decided what to "top" it with. Either home depot LGMH, or even an antennae topper! ( I don't have a LG one, but I do have a camoflage one) Anyway, I have plenty of wire and foam to make a few tents and if you bend the wire in half, the pieces would probably fit in most pocketbooks or even a fanny pack. So, if anyone is interested in one, let me know. Maybe I could get it to you before that evening. It would be great to have 4-5 tables spread out through the room - all welcoming Dis's and others

As far as clothing, I'm probably going to wear my "Mickey" dress. It's a below the knee blue sundress with Mickey's on it. I think it was last year that I actually found two other women at PFTS wearing the same dress. I took a picture of the three of us in our matching dresses.

We're getting excited, too. We're staying at BWV. Where's everyone else staying?

Wigit12
10-11-2007, 06:21 PM
We'll be at SSR.

By any chance, would any one be interested in (1) ticket to the Oct 23 F&W Pairing @ Morocco?

mom2cookies
10-12-2007, 09:23 AM
animal kingdom lodge! woot

kmmccart75
10-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Anyway, I have plenty of wire and foam to make a few tents and if you bend the wire in half, the pieces would probably fit in most pocketbooks or even a fanny pack. So, if anyone is interested in one, let me know. Maybe I could get it to you before that evening. It would be great to have 4-5 tables spread out through the room - all welcoming Dis's and others

We're getting excited, too. We're staying at BWV. Where's everyone else staying?

We would love to have a table tent! Thanks for doing these. I think it would be great to have several tables scattered around - that way, those who want to stay put can, and those who want to mingle will have multiple places to stop and chat. It should be easy for us all to meet that way.

We'll be your neighbors at the BWI starting on the 23rd - so it should be easy to get one to us...

15 days!:banana:

TheBeadPirate
10-12-2007, 01:36 PM
I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what to wear when I had that duh (insert forehead smacking smilie here) moment of clarity. We make corks into hand strung Mardi Gras beads we take along every year. We'll be wearing those! And if I have any left (27th is our last night) I'll have goodies!:lmao: If being the operative word!

Rpsemont
10-13-2007, 09:35 AM
We'll be your neighbors at the BWI starting on the 23rd - so it should be easy to get one to us...

Great! DH and I are arriving on the 23rd, too. DD and BIL arrive on the 24th (she couldn't miss too much school)

I'll send you a PM with contact info

ducklite
10-16-2007, 07:37 AM
We arrive at the BWV on 10/27 and leave on 10/29.

My pet sitter bailed on us at the "last minute" and now I'm in a bit of a bind. I might ahve to kennel my grey at the Epcot kennels, he's not going to be at all happy. :(

I'm literally ready to try to rent my reservation and just take a car service to and from WDW, and have the pet sitter come in late Saturday afternoon to walk him. Ugh.

kmmccart75
10-16-2007, 09:12 AM
I thought it might be helpful to post a list of who is going. I compiled this only from the info posted in this thread. I didn't post your name if you have only revealed it to me in a PM. I included who indicated they are going to the concert with '+VP.' If any of this is incorrect, or you wish to add anything, let me know and I will update the list.

timidcharm (?) +VP
ducklite / Anne (3)
Rpsemont / Anne (3)
kmmccart75 / Kathy (2)
ukwildcat (2)
Wigit12 / Gina (4)
mom2cookies / Diana (2)
jonesmatNY (2) +VP
TheBeadPirate / Lori (2) +VP

Over 20 people!! It should be a great time. Only 11 days! :banana:

mom2cookies
10-18-2007, 06:28 PM
DH has been watching the weather for WDW and it is supposed to be in the 90's next week. Anyone have any idea what to expect for when we are there? I'm concerned my faux suede skirt might be too warm ( it is very light but not 90 degree weather light). LOL anybody pack yet?

kmmccart75
10-18-2007, 09:36 PM
DH has been watching the weather for WDW and it is supposed to be in the 90's next week. Anyone have any idea what to expect for when we are there? I'm concerned my faux suede skirt might be too warm ( it is very light but not 90 degree weather light). LOL anybody pack yet?

I hope it's not high in the 90's! weather.com shows high around 79-80 every day, low mid 60's, so we are hopeful the evenings will be pleasantly cool.

9 days!:banana:

Wigit12
10-19-2007, 05:00 AM
If you wear a thin top, I wouldn't think a skirt would keep you too warm.
But, with so many people in a cocktail party atmosphere I do expect it to be warmer. I'm hoping to wear a summer halter dress I bought earlier this year and hadn't had an opportunity to wear this year.

Just found really comfortable leather flip flops to wear!! I always have trouble with my feet and knees and this is at the end of our week so this is a huge relief.

Wigit12
10-19-2007, 05:04 AM
I thought it might be helpful to post a list of who is going. I compiled this only from the info posted in this thread. I didn't post your name if you have only revealed it to me in a PM. I included who indicated they are going to the concert with '+VP.' If any of this is incorrect, or you wish to add anything, let me know and I will update the list.

timidcharm (?) +VP
ducklite / Anne (3)
Rpsemont / Anne (3)
kmmccart75 / Kathy (2)
ukwildcat (2)
Wigit12 (4)
mom2cookies / Diana (2)
jonesmatNY (2) +VP
TheBeadPirate / Lori (2) +VP

Over 20 people!! It should be a great time. Only 11 days! :banana:

You can add my name to the list---Gina:wave:

timidcharm
10-19-2007, 05:41 AM
Having lived here all my life i can say with some wisdom, though i love leather , its best left for more appropriate climate. We have been getting rain in the evenings and its just too humid ...But hey thats just one opinion:laundy:

mom2cookies
10-19-2007, 10:14 AM
thanks timidcharm, my skirt isn't real leather or real suede. It just looks and feels like it. I'm going to take a back up just in case. I'm off today to go find some shoes. woot!

ducklite
10-24-2007, 08:49 AM
They keep the venue pretty comfortable as far as the temperature goes, but you've still got to walk there. Last night I was out walking the dog at around 10:15, wearing capris and a t-shirt, and it was still warm and humid. I think it's supposed to get a little cooler as the week goes on--I hope.

I still have no idea what I'm going to wear. I'll figure something out Saturday morning. I work best under pressure. :rotfl:

Rpsemont
10-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, we're here now and it's 72 degrees at 6PM I think I'll take a sweatshirt when I go out tonight.

Meanwhile, Don't look too hard for table tents. I must have had a MAJOR senior moment and looked for 4 days to fine the supplies I bought, but alas, no luck. I'll probably walk in the door when I get back home and they'll be right there:rotfl: . Anyway, I did get a handful of LGMH, to I'll figure out some way to attach them to me or my belongings!

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Anne

timidcharm
10-25-2007, 06:18 PM
see everyone after VP :banana: :dance3:

Rpsemont
10-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Does anyone have an extra copy of the program? I think I must have set mine down to put my wine in a to go cup, and forgot to pick them up. It was a great party (except for the Veggie meatloaf IMO) Do if anyone has an extra or would be willing to send me a copy, I would be SOOO appreciative!

Wigit12
10-30-2007, 05:09 AM
Well, we're here now and it's 72 degrees at 6PM I think I'll take a sweatshirt when I go out tonight.

Meanwhile, Don't look too hard for table tents. I must have had a MAJOR senior moment and looked for 4 days to fine the supplies I bought, but alas, no luck.

Anne

Well, that makes me feel better!! My cell phone died (forgot my charger:headache: )so I couldn't call Kathleen. I looked all over for centerpieces.

We had a blast anyway. Loved the lamb shank ravioli and the chocolate amore!!

Wigit12
10-30-2007, 05:10 AM
Does anyone have an extra copy of the program? I think I must have set mine down to put my wine in a to go cup, and forgot to pick them up. It was a great party (except for the Veggie meatloaf IMO) Do if anyone has an extra or would be willing to send me a copy, I would be SOOO appreciative!

I'll look through our stuff when we finally get unpacked. DH isn't big on saving paper and normally bends everything into his pockets. Do you still want one if it's bent?

Rpsemont
10-30-2007, 12:09 PM
I'll look through our stuff when we finally get unpacked. DH isn't big on saving paper and normally bends everything into his pockets. Do you still want one if it's bent?

Bent would be fine. Thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'd forgotten about that lamb shank ravioli. THat was good! (we need YUM emoticon!)

Wigit12
10-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Have it!:cool1: And barely bent!!
sending a PM

kmmccart75
10-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Well, that makes me feel better!! My cell phone died (forgot my charger:headache: )so I couldn't call Kathleen. I looked all over for centerpieces.

We had a blast anyway. Loved the lamb shank ravioli and the chocolate amore!!

I feel better now too - I had my cell phone, but like a dummy forgot to program in everyone's name & number before we left! I did get one message from Anne, but I don't think you left your number, of course you thought I already had it. I too looked in vain for the centerpieces, but was happy to find that there were plenty of friendly table-sharers all night (only one unfriendly type the entire evening) - I wonder if I met any of you and didn't realize it!

We had a blast as well. Off the top of my head, we really liked the swordfish, the lamb ravioli, and also, I think it was guinea hen? I'll have to look back at the program. Our only problem was that by the end of the night there was some palate fatigue, and a little, shall I say, "fogginess," making it harder to judge everything! Hope everyone had as a great a time as we did!

mom2cookies
11-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Who knew how much we were all depending on those table tents! LOL I too scouted the room for any sign of any LGMH's but didn't find not 1 : (. I had a whole stack of LGMH magnets i had made sitting on our table to give to anyone i met. They might still be there LOL I FORGOT THEM! :rotfl: when we left :laughing: Anyway, we were 2 tables away from the Chocolate Amore and the Lamb ravioli. It was so disappointing not meeting any of you.

Our favorite dish of the night was the Chicken Confit from Cinderella's castle, next was the Lamb Ravioli. My favorite wine was the Rose' Mas. Dh didn't have a favorite he liked the coffee. The white chocolate cheese cake was fairly awesome!:banana:

Hopefully you all had a blast!

TheBeadPirate
11-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I feel better now too - I had my cell phone, but like a dummy forgot to program in everyone's name & number before we left! I did get one message from Anne, but I don't think you left your number, of course you thought I already had it. I too looked in vain for the centerpieces, but was happy to find that there were plenty of friendly table-sharers all night (only one unfriendly type the entire evening) - I wonder if I met any of you and didn't realize it!

We had a blast as well. Off the top of my head, we really liked the swordfish, the lamb ravioli, and also, I think it was guinea hen? I'll have to look back at the program. Our only problem was that by the end of the night there was some palate fatigue, and a little, shall I say, "fogginess," making it harder to judge everything! Hope everyone had as a great a time as we did!

That was probably us! After DH had some guy unload all of his dirty dishes on our table with 2 of the 4 of us standing there he got kinda crabby! :laughing: Only my spouse could get put on Disney time out.:sad2: :rolleyes1 Next time I'll skip the tables and just wander. I loved the diver scallops from Andrew Selz. I think they started recognizing me I stopped there enough.:lmao:

kmmccart75
11-01-2007, 05:19 PM
That was probably us! After DH had some guy unload all of his dirty dishes on our table with 2 of the 4 of us standing there he got kinda crabby! :laughing: Only my spouse could get put on Disney time out.:sad2: :rolleyes1 Next time I'll skip the tables and just wander. I loved the diver scallops from Andrew Selz. I think they started recognizing me I stopped there enough.:lmao:

:rotfl2: No, it wasn't you! I wish we had found you though - I thought I might recognize you from your pics, but never did see you. I can't believe someone dumped all their dirties on you, though - there were tons of people walking around asking for plates, and always a proper place to put them within just a few steps. Some people. :rolleyes:

We were relieved to find that we could just wander around. We used the standing tables all over the room and had a ball. We always just asked if the people there minded if we crashed their party for a few minutes, and everyone said "sure!" - except one woman who looked at us coldly, didn't respond, and instead just turned her back to us, but hey, we still used the table! :rotfl: We met a lot of really nice people, one oddball (but fun!), and a couple who had a few too many (but really fun! :lmao: )

mom2cookies
11-01-2007, 05:45 PM
We kinda shared our table with a couple from Texas. They were very nice. Dick and Barbara were their names. They wanderred alot so we didn't see them very often. Other then the lady handing out the white chocolate cheese cake lollipops(?) everyone i ran across was very friendly.

Is it always that dark in there? DH and I felt really bad for this 1 dude, he was in such a hurry for what idk, but he tripped right over 1 of the chairs at our table. He wasn't the only one though. Since we were right by the door, alot of ppl who came in behind us ran into the chairs all around us.

Wigit12
11-05-2007, 04:53 AM
Who knew how much we were all depending on those table tents! LOL I too scouted the room for any sign of any LGMH's but didn't find not 1 : (. I had a whole stack of LGMH magnets i had made sitting on our table to give to anyone i met. They might still be there LOL I FORGOT THEM! :rotfl: when we left :laughing: Anyway, we were 2 tables away from the Chocolate Amore and the Lamb ravioli. It was so disappointing not meeting any of you.

Hopefully you all had a blast!

We were very close to you!! In front of the lamb ravioli (my favorite) maybe 3 tables away.