PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Injuries?

taz
09-25-2007, 09:41 PM
I just scaraped up my toe pretty good today. I had these sandals on when i was biking around. While biking my paddle bent down and my toe jammed into the ground. Because of that my ankle kind of ben backwards. (yea horrible description:cool1: )

I got some pictures though!!!
I'll upload them in a sec.

What injuries do you have/have gotten??:idea:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/Tootoo_22/summer07-003.jpg

PurpleDucky
09-25-2007, 09:43 PM
I was 5 and I was swinging on my stomach. I fell off head first and got a big hole in my forehead. Luckily, I didn't have to get stitches, just a big white gauze pad

::Snow_White::
09-25-2007, 09:46 PM
When I was 8 I was running down the street to my grandma's house in these huge sandals. I fell down and scraped up my right knee pretty badly. Looked like the letter H. xD
But It hurt alot. I can still kinda see the scar from it.

And then once I was riding my electric scooter, it had a seat.[Dangerous things they are] and I was turning a corner into our driveway and it turned to sharp and I fell forward, I was going like 15 mph so I skidded across the gravel. Scraped up my chin horribly and my right palm, I had to put badages on at school because I had blood leaking through it. Then my knees and my toes got it pretty bad. And my elbows.
It hurt. lol.

EDIT:
Oh and when I was 7? or 5? lol I forgot.
But it was 4th of July and I was backing up from a firework and my family was yelling at me to stop, but of course I was young and stupid and didn't listen. I left the punk sticking out on the porch, I kept backing up looking at the firework and not behind me and rammed my hand into it. It burned. So I put a wet washrag around it and when inside and played sonic on the computer. haha. Then I got mad because I couldn't use my right hand very well.

And another 4thofJuly accident. Me and my cousin had sparklers and was running around in a circle holding them behind us. And I let mine drag too low and I burnt my heel. I don't remember exactly what happened. I think I passed out or fainted but next thing I knew I was in my grandma's house with a cold rag on my heel. I [I]thought they called an ambulence because I thought I remember seeing one outside the door but I'm not sure.

And then I got close to a really really bad accident on the 4th of july 2005.
I was riding my grandpa's 4-wheeler in the driveway and I wasn't paying attention and my brother was shooting off things. I went into the driveway and drove right in the path of a firework. I looked at it just as it shot off, I hit the gas hard, ducked, and I kinda swirved. Luckily I didn't tip over or anything. It missed me, but after that I got off the 4-wheeler. lol.

4th of july is dangerous for me. This year was the first year in awhile I didn't get hurt. xD

meeshheartsdisney217
09-25-2007, 09:51 PM
-got my two front teeth kicked out
-tore my lateral meniscus.
-touched a lamp to see if it was hot and burned my two fingers on my writing hand in first grade
-i've twisted my ankles many times
-i sprained my wrist sledding
-fallen down randomly.

PowerMonkey
09-25-2007, 09:59 PM
omg, ive injured everything haha.... i used to skateboard, so injuries were an everyday thing

- twisted my ankle at least 17 times
-sprained my wrist like 5 times
-broke my arm and sprained it at the same time (this was hell)
-fell off my board and my chest landed on a rock thing at full speed (left a pretty sick scar)
-burned myself while attempting to cook eggs >_<
-spilled hydrochloric acid on myself (good thing i got it off before it left gross marks haha)
- got stung by a hornet and there was liek a giant hole in my arm (also a scar now >_<)
-my dog bit right through my fingernails >_<

and the usual minor scrapes that everyone has

Stitch&figment 4 eve
09-25-2007, 10:05 PM
I sprained both of my ankles at the same time.
I got cut up by a metal cleat at football practice, it left 3 nasty scars going down my calf muscle.
Yetserday I think i dislocated my shoulder at football, it hurts a lot when ever i move it.

PowerMonkey
09-25-2007, 10:09 PM
^ at your siggy: PSU FTW!!

CheerExtreme
09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I have had 2 really crappy ones that happened at once...
I was skiing (like I do every spring break) and was going down a medium easy hill. I probally shouldn't have been out there because it was snowing pretty hard (ok, it was practically a blizzard) and I couldn't really tell where the bumps in the snow were. My left ski went into a little mound and i fell shattering my right hand. A week later I was doing my standing full (this is one. obviously not me since I am a girl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdF8tcBlDCY&mode=related&search=) and tore my achelis (pardon my spelling) tendon. It pretty much ruined my hopes for the olympics. I was out for 8 months.

pigletgirl
09-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Big OWIE!!!!! OOOooohhh, does it really hurt?

SpaceMounatin
09-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Here's mine of the day:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1592110

_Twinks&Spinks_
09-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Hmm lets see..

*Got thumb stuck in the tire swing chain for about 10 minutes and when I finally managed to get it out it was fat and purple. Ill...
Btw I was 6 and it happened at summer camp.

*Slammed car door on my whole right hand leaving almost all of my fingers, (except thumb)badly split open. The fingernail on my index finger fell off! Another big ill..
I was 7 btw,its amazing how stupid I was when I was young. :rolleyes:
Don't even ask how my hand got in the way..

*I managed to get a metal clarinet cap to get stuck on my finger during band. The school had to call 911 (Wow) and the firefighters had to slice the cap open with a mini saw to get it off. One of the most retarted moments of my life!!
Please don't ask why I would do something idiotic like that...:upsidedow

CrazyChik
09-26-2007, 01:14 AM
a 17hh horse stood on my toe like 2 months ago, i still have the bruising from it.

I fell off a horse 3 years ago. It was my first jump and she was like as it's your first jump i suggest you don't look down or you'll end up on the floor. So what do i do? yeh i looked down and went slam onto my back. I didn't have a body protector then, but it didn't hurt immediately.I couldn't make sudden movements or bend or twist all summer. I don't know what i did but this was three years ago and it still plays up after long periods of sitting or hitting it.

i don't get many serious injuries
=]

VMK_MagicalLadee
09-26-2007, 06:40 AM
Ok, I was trying to carve wood. Cause I wanted to impress my guiders. (girl scouts is the USA) So..I was using a swiss army knife.. and APPPARANTLYY.. They have little springs that force it shut... right..into my finger.

I thought my parents would be angry so i ran upstairs. Theeres a little first aid book, and if you open it today, on the page about bleeding has a huge bloodstain on it. :lmao:

Anyways, my parents arent stupid and followed the trail of blood, and took me to the hospital, where they put expensive crazy glue in the cut, and i wore a finger brace for 3..odd weeks.

When you take those braces off, you skin underneath doesnt get any air, and your skin smells like a rotting corpse.. no matter HOW MUCH purrell you force upon it. xD

Jasmine45
09-26-2007, 06:53 AM
uhh! I've gotten sooo many! Hockey....

I've broken my Right Arm, Left arm Left leg, Right Wrist And 6 Fingers.
And many Bruises.

Sparx
09-26-2007, 06:59 AM
i've had 87 stitches at once. :confused3

Jasmine45
09-26-2007, 07:04 AM
I have had 2 really crappy ones that happened at once...
I was skiing (like I do every spring break) and was going down a medium easy hill. I probally shouldn't have been out there because it was snowing pretty hard (ok, it was practically a blizzard) and I couldn't really tell where the bumps in the snow were. My left ski went into a little mound and i fell shattering my right hand. A week later I was doing my standing full (this is one. obviously not me since I am a girl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdF8tcBlDCY&mode=related&search=) and tore my achelis (pardon my spelling) tendon. It pretty much ruined my hopes for the olympics. I was out for 8 months.

My Friend Bill was skiing a few years ago and his family could'nt find him, and they were looking for about an hour. Then they found him in the snow surrounded by blood:scared:The ski Tore his leg open But he was wereing Snow Pants. O_o It was werid.

tigger/winnie/tink
09-26-2007, 02:42 PM
imagine a four year old on Halloween tumbling down concrete stairs the injury made me look even more like a witch

Tora Millypoops
09-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Ouch!!!

Mine was when I was about 9. I fell off of a wall into a rose bush. It really hurt. I scraped all of my back.

Babyjustrun
09-26-2007, 03:09 PM
I haven't ever been seriously or nastily injured.
I've been hit with a rake, which hurt and left nasty bruises, but I was fine.
I've scraped me toes trying to skateboard in flip flops.

My brother used to fall off his bike a lot as a kid, he used to come home all the time with huge gashes in his knee. One time he had to go to the doctor to get rocks taken out of his knee.

Ms.Squeakers
09-26-2007, 03:17 PM
hmmm i have nothing to compare to that i only get dangerously sick im not used to getting injurys because im a worry freak like my friends will be like "You want me to show you how to ride a skateboard?" "NOOO!!" i am the most worrying person alive im so paranoid and chlosterphobic all the time

TwistyMisty
09-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I broke my arm when i was 6 because i tried a backflip.

Disney_Princess1025
09-26-2007, 04:21 PM
-Fractured by right ankle 2x
-broke my ring finger 1x
- sprained my wrist 3x
-broke a rib

This was all while playing soccer!!!! :goodvibes

pigletgirl
09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
I've sprained my ankle
Broke my arm in kindergarten
Countless cuts bruises, burns
3 cracked ribs at once.

Pirate Me
09-26-2007, 05:11 PM
-Fell off the top of a swingset (the part that holds the chains at the top). I thought it was fun to be so high...until I fell down. I scarred my knee..
-Stitches on my lip and arm. Arm stitches are still extremely visible (doctor made a mistake?)
- Slipped on the bathroom floor and cut my side. Bruise on my arm from that is still there (it was about a week ago)
-Hit my head pretty bad. I didn't do anything to it. It hurt for about a day.. :\
****Anyone else get a bad head injury but not do anything more than an ice pack? Like, if you have a bump for a day from it?
- Fell off the stairs
- Fell off the concrete stairs in front of my house.
- Flower pot fell on my leg
...There are more I can't recall. I get injured alot. xD

crazytp93
09-26-2007, 06:22 PM
well this is kinda like an injury i guess

when i was 8 i was having a hot dog, bite the hot dog, didnt chew yet and took a drink. accidentaly swallowed a big piece of hot do not chewed! thank god it didnt go down my breathing tube, but it went down my esophagus(sp?) nobody believed me that it was stuck in my throat, everyone thought i was "sensing it." I couldnt eat, drink, even swallow my own saliva.

well it was there so 2 days later i went to the doctor, and the doctor says "oh it could be a possibility"

so i go to the hospital... sent in the ER for a while and then the next day (surgery) they knock me out,go down my throat with scizzors, and get it out. yeah weird. i lost 8 pounds in 4 days, because i couldnt even drink.

and then there were complications.

the next day i was all set to go home, and then i got a high fever. i dont remember what it was from though. :confused3

so yea. thats it.

:goodvibes

ilovedisney1
09-26-2007, 06:41 PM
While I was in 6th grade I had opened my locker and got some stuff out of it. While I was doing that I was talking to my friends and I accidently closed my friends locker with one of his hands still in it. So basically his fingers started bleeding. So he ran to a teacher,but she was taking to long to write him a slip to go to the nurse that he just ran to the nurse office! To top it all off I do not remember I did that!

Ms.Squeakers
09-26-2007, 07:20 PM
When i was 4 i had a tricycle thingy and i thought it would be cool and fun if i rode it down the steps to my porch...bad idea....i fell and my knees were all bloody and my mom was like "WHY!? DID YOU DO THAT!?" and a year later i thought i was like all cool and all because i was 5 and in kindergarten and we didnt have school one day because the ground was frozen solid from the rain the night before and so i decided "WHAT IF I GO ICE SKATING!? IT WOULD BE SOO MUCH FUN AND SOO COOL!!" and so i put on my rollarskates (because i dont iceskate just rollarskate) and jacket and rolled out of the grauge and obiously the skates slid from underneath me because the ice was just melting and i got a brushburn from ice...it was painful

but kinda funny right?

KidGoofy
09-26-2007, 09:16 PM
I broke my left ring finger. I was warming up before a scrimmage and the ball seriously jammed my finger(which is what I thought). I was in a lot of pain but I played through it. Now if you look at my fingers all my fingers have a slight arch back except for that finger which is bent forward on the top knuckle.

england rocks
09-29-2007, 07:51 AM
i broke both my bones in my arm at the same time when i was 11 and had to have a operation and in plaster for 5 months, then i broke my ankle and then the day i came out of plaster i broke it again, sprained my anke and then a couple of weeks ago i got hit by a car and broke my jaw and got cuts and bruises

VolleyballQt07
09-29-2007, 08:39 AM
When I was little:
*I pulled my mom's hot curling iron down on my arm.
*I jumped off the counter and cut the upper inside of my leg on an open door...10 yrs later and I still have a big scar.
*I've burned my finger by touching the cigarette lighter thing in the car.

When I was older:
*I've slipped in the kitchen and wacked my arm on the edge of the wall.
*I've twisted my ankle while wearing sandals when I had snow thrown at me.
*I've jammed my same finger multiple times in volleyball.
*I've severely sprained my right foot in volleyball. And I sprained the same foot, same spot in basketball.

taz
09-29-2007, 10:31 AM
In first grade i was rollerblading around and I fell down. I tried to stop my fall by putting my arms straight out. I ended up having my bone buckle out of my skin.

Before Fall bone lookd like this: ______
After Fall it looked like this: /\

Anyways my bone kinda buckled.

Pirate Me
09-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Ow! :\

disneydance
09-30-2007, 01:44 AM
hmm... Let see I have had my share...

ok when I was 4 I was walking across my bed and had my hand out i hit one my dolls which was porcelan and the head broke off of it and I got cut really bad and had to get stitches

When I was 7 i fell down the stairs and broke my ankle

When I was 10 in dance I fell well doing and jump and my foot that was in front hit the mat first and I broke my ankle

When I was 11 I was Monkey In the Middle and tripped did a face plant chipped two of my teeth, skinned up my legs and my arms

When I was 12 I was play basketball in PE and fell down on a crack in our Gym and of course... had to get stitches

This summer I did alot of stupid things since I was at camp all Summer let me begin

Ok so we were playing this Capture the Flag type of a game and of course I mess up and had a blister on my stinkin finger some kid come running after me take his sharp finger and accidently cut it real deep and of course I had to get stitches

Ok so I was having a illergic reaction to a bee sting and some kid come running down to where i was knocks me out and I hit my head and of course have to get stitches...

Ok I was really sick one day and no one was in our cabin at the time and I decide that I need to at least try to get something to eat so I decide to go down to the shop since breakfast was already over and order something so I stand up and notice I am really dissy I thought ok I guess i should at least go to the nurse so I can get permission to stay in my cabin all day so I get up and I barely can stand up I get outside and all of sudden I collapse good thing someone was out there because of I quit breathing and needed CPR before they could get a abulance out there but I cut my arm on something real sharp and had to get stitches

Ok these are the stupid things i did after i got home

ok in dance i fell down well doing and spin on my knee and broke it

and yesterday I was holding a glass and dropped it and cut myself pretty deep and it wouldnt stop bleedin so i had to get stitches

minniesBFF
09-30-2007, 01:57 AM
I was once carrying a steam cooker down some stairs that had some boiling water in the bottom. The water spilled out on my hand and I got this huge blister on my finger. It was really disgusting.

I was running down a hill playing tag and I slipped and fell on my leg and broke it. I had to have surgery so now I have three big scars on my ankle and some screws in my bone.

I've done a lot of other things but those were two that I remember pretty well.

taz
09-30-2007, 09:56 AM
I was once carrying a steam cooker down some stairs that had some boiling water in the bottom. The water spilled out on my hand and I got this huge blister on my finger. It was really disgusting.

I was running down a hill playing tag and I slipped and fell on my leg and broke it. I had to have surgery so now I have three big scars on my ankle and some screws in my bone.

I've done a lot of other things but those were two that I remember pretty well.

We did this virtual surgery in school about that. It was kind of sick looking even though it wasnt real @_@

VolleyballQt07
09-30-2007, 12:52 PM
When I was little, I was playing tag with my cousins and we were running in between cars(we were in my gmas driveway) and i wacked my head on a mirror. It hurt.

My sister has had stitches multiple times and she broke her arm a week b4 our Disney trip.

My brother cut himself with a butter knife and it was really bad but he didnt need stitches.

disneydance
09-30-2007, 06:13 PM
I dont like reading all this painful stuff

TwistyMisty
10-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Me either :lamo: