PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...

CheezDoodle
09-25-2007, 02:03 PM
I just found out yesterday that I have mono :(. I'm going to be out of school for a month, or at least until my birthday. I feel really really tired and gross. And no, I didn't get it from kissing, I just got it. Has anyone else ever had it before? How much school did you miss?

Oh, and I really hope somebody gets this for me: http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/products/kissingdisease.html

It's a giant plushie mono virus :goodvibes .

crazytp93
09-25-2007, 02:13 PM
first of all get well soon.

my friend had it he was out for about a month, but he could not participate in gym for the rest of the school year.

Kats~Meow
09-25-2007, 02:15 PM
I had it when I was 15 and I was out of school for over two weeks. It does make you very very tired and weak so just relax. It is very contagious so that is why they keep you out of school for a period of time. Hope you get better fast.

Disney.Ears
09-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Awe I'm sorry :( Feel better soon :hug:
I've never had mono before so no advice from me, just get some rest :D

disney100666
09-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Mono is going around at our school. I hope you feel better! I've never had mono.

Tora Millypoops
09-25-2007, 03:46 PM
This thread through me a bit when I first read it but then I realised that in England we callmono, ' glandular fever'. I have never had it, I hope you get well soon.

AngienLuLu
09-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I haven't, but this one girl at my school did. She was out for about 2 and a half weeks.

FEEL BETTER SOON! :hug:

AmoDolphin
09-25-2007, 04:11 PM
A girl at my school had it... I don't know her that well, but she was out from the first week of school until last week, so not that long. She has missed a few days here and there since last week. Get well soon. :-)

CheezDoodle
09-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Ahh thanks you guys!!

Babyjustrun
09-25-2007, 04:45 PM
My friend may have it.
She was in the hospital this weekend getting tested.

Pirate Me
09-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Feel better soon! I don't know anyone who has had it though, sorry.

imabrat
09-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Get well soon!
:hug:

And hey,look on the bright side.
It's not cancer,and you're not going to die.

P.S. I feel gross and tired everyday too!

disneydance
09-25-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm so sorry get better soon but my cousin was thought to have it a few weeks ago but didnt but her bff's sister had just got rid of it and she was for about a semester not to scare you are anything but it probally depends on the case

Jasmine45
09-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Ooo, My Friend Had it in Kindergarden and missed 3 months of school.

Feel Better!
:hug:

::Snow_White::
09-25-2007, 09:28 PM
My friend had it last year. She was out for about a week.

I've never had it but I hope you get better soon! :hug:

PowerMonkey
09-25-2007, 10:14 PM
hope you get better! my friend got it, and he really only needed to be out for a week... he just milked the excuse for all he had and basically got a months vacation out of it... so just think of it as catching up on some sleep.. than when you feel better, think of it as a whole lot of free time ;)

pigletgirl
09-25-2007, 10:45 PM
I had it for 6.5 weeks my freshman year. I missed soooo much school. I felt crummy the entire time. For the first week or so I could even stay awake. It was AWFUL!!

Jasmine45
09-26-2007, 07:10 AM
I had it for 6.5 weeks my freshman year. I missed soooo much school. I felt crummy the entire time. For the first week or so I could even stay awake. It was AWFUL!!

Wow!

DisGirlAllie
09-26-2007, 04:40 PM
I just found out yesterday that I have mono :(. I'm going to be out of school for a month, or at least until my birthday. I feel really really tired and gross. And no, I didn't get it from kissing, I just got it. Has anyone else ever had it before? How much school did you miss?

Oh, and I really hope somebody gets this for me: http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/products/kissingdisease.html

It's a giant plushie mono virus :goodvibes .

:hug: :hug: BTW you don't just get it. You can either get it from kissing which you didn't. You probably got it from sharing a soda with or something along those lines with you friends.

Tinkerbell424
09-26-2007, 04:48 PM
:hug: :hug:
I hope you feel better!
:wizard:

SBubba18
09-26-2007, 05:04 PM
I had mono twice! It's one of those things where u arn't supposed to get it more then once, but my body didn't get immune to it the first time so that means if i am around anyone who has it i can still get it. It stinks soo bad though. I remember in kindergarden when i first had it, i was out of school for a really long time bc i had pneumonia on top of it. Then in 7th grade for the second time, i was out of school for about a month. It was horrible. On a happier note..FEEL BETTER!!!!

HPGIRL
09-26-2007, 07:32 PM
This thread through me a bit when I first read it but then I realised that in England we callmono, ' glandular fever'. I have never had it, I hope you get well soon.

In London we call it that too.(Duh!note to self)I've had it before I slept most of the day but when I wasn't sleeping I was eating when I wasn't eating I was watching TV and so on and so forth.Get better soon!(It took me 1 1/2 months. Oh and mine wasn't from kissing it was most likly from the school's water foutain which I don't use anymore.