PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new video camera...help!

Fall1
09-25-2007, 06:53 AM
DH and I are looking to buy our first video camera for home and vacation use. We just had twins and are just looking to capture their childhood memories. We don't want anything too complicated, just quality picture and easy to use. We aren't sure which kind of camera fits our needs...mini DV, hard-drive camera, other? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Terk-1
09-25-2007, 07:22 AM
I'd recommend a Sony with hard drive & memory stick option. My BIL has one and it's great. Lightweight and it's easy to use. Takes video & photos and it's very easy to transfer on to your pc & burn on to a dvd. Some of the newer one's has a 30GB or a 60GB hard drive.

I've always had Sony for my electronics (digital camera, camcorder, etc.) and have always had great luck. I don't care for the mini dv.

jakenjess
09-25-2007, 08:24 AM
We have a Sony mini-DV Hi-Def video camera and it's great. It's pricier than the non-hi-def, but it takes beautiful video. It's very small, and that's the only problem I sometimes have is holding it still enough when zoomed, but it's easy to carry around and very user friendly. We also have a Sony FX-1 Hi-Def, but that thing is a monster to carry around!! Fabulous video, but I rarely use it (DH does) just because of its size.

I'm still a little leary of the hard drive cameras. I just love having that tape tucked safely away, just in case!

DisneySuiteFreak
09-27-2007, 05:03 AM
I'm still a little leary of the hard drive cameras. I just love having that tape tucked safely away, just in case!

Me too! :)

DisneySuiteFreak
09-27-2007, 05:07 AM
DH and I are looking to buy our first video camera for home and vacation use. We just had twins and are just looking to capture their childhood memories. We don't want anything too complicated, just quality picture and easy to use. We aren't sure which kind of camera fits our needs...mini DV, hard-drive camera, other? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

You might want to check out this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1582556