PDA

View Full Version : gay marriage

Damhsa04
09-22-2007, 07:27 PM
So for my English class I'm writing a paper about how gay marriage should be allowed.

I have some friends who are gay and they get made fun of because of it. It's not cool how people think that you should be shunned because you're attracted to the same sex.

What are your views on gay marriage or gay people in general?

3mtn-kate
09-22-2007, 07:32 PM
i have absolutely no problem with gay marriage
i think that if two people love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together that they should regardless of sex. i think it is horrible that people discriminate people based on who they love it is awful
so that is my opinion feel free to disagree:thumbsup2

::Snow_White::
09-22-2007, 07:37 PM
I support gay marriage.
I don't see anything wrong with it.
It's love.
They are the same except for who they like.

Kats~Meow
09-22-2007, 07:47 PM
I also support gay marriage. The important thing is if two people love each other they should have the rights of any married couples. And a lot of gay couples lose those rights because they are not legally married.

Babyjustrun
09-22-2007, 08:15 PM
People lose my respect when they say stuff like 'I'm okay with them dating, but marriage is sacred.', or when they're just plain homophobic.

Religion is messing with everything int he world. IT IS NOT A GOOD EXCUSE. Just because one person believes in God, not everyone does. I certainly don't, so if I were a lesbian (which I am not), I would not want to abide by a law that was made because of a religion I do not follow.
Love is love. You can't tell someone, that they can't be legally married to the person they LOVE, they adore, want to spend the rest of their life with and would die for. That's just awful, it makes me want to cry. Without love, life means very little to me. Denying someone of love, of something so amazing, IS WRONG.
Being homosexual is not weird, it is not bad, and it is not a sin.

vickxo
09-22-2007, 09:04 PM
im really sick of close minded people! love is love. i think if an idiot can run our country same sex couples should be allowed to get married!

***sorry if i offended anyone with that comment about the president. its just my opinion.

Tinkerbell424
09-22-2007, 09:17 PM
I am for gay marriage.
I do not think people should be shunned for it.
If two people love each other that's all that should matter within a marriage.
Who cares what gender you are.
Love is Love.

bugabri
09-22-2007, 09:55 PM
even though many people dig into the religiuos facts about gays and how they should not be accepted or w/e else it may come to, i believe that if they are happy thats all that matters i believe everyone in this world deserves to be happy.

HSMndLKfan92
09-22-2007, 10:11 PM
I totally support gay marriage.
It's love.

TinkerTracy
09-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Love is love, and it dosen't discriminate.

WClancysbro
09-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Well my opinions on Gay Marriage may be a little biased, only because I myself am gay. Growing up gay isn't exactly the easiest thing to do but it is very refreshing to see how most people growing up now are in support of us. Honestly it's not like we're going away anytime soon. Obviously I believe that Gay Marriage should be legal and allowed.

If you need any other information for your paper feel free to pm me and even cite me as a source.

TwistyMisty
09-22-2007, 11:33 PM
It Is Not My Business To Get Caught Up With Other People And Their Choices.
Its A Free Country And They Do What They Want.
I Have No Problem With It Though.

CheerExtreme
09-22-2007, 11:39 PM

Sorry, not trying to be rude or anything, but why are all the first letters of what you said capatalized?

hidmickey:myantidrug
09-22-2007, 11:52 PM
If you type in all caps, the censor automatically make it that way.

disneydance
09-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Ok this is a very hard topic for me if my parents so what I was about to post they would probbally yell at me be very rude to me about this:

I have no problem for gay marriages love is love and if 2 people love each other that is they should have the right to get maried.

On the other hand my parents think that gay marriages should not be alowd at that if you are gay you are gay my parents would tell you how wrong it is...

But me on the other hand thinks its there life and they have the right to do what they want to do and that love is love and if someone really loves someone they should have the right to get married.

TwistyMisty
09-23-2007, 01:46 AM
should this be on the gay/board or w/e? jw

tinkerbelle22
09-23-2007, 08:26 AM
I completely support gay marriage.
If straight people can get married, why can't gay people?
They're still people.
When you're in love with someone, it would stink to be told that you can't marry them, when a man and a woman can do whatever they want.

Babyjustrun
09-23-2007, 08:33 AM

Being gay isn't a choice. You don't wake up and say 'Hey, it's not fun being straight, so let's be gay.'
You're born either straight, gay or bi. You don't just choose to be it.

VMK_MagicalLadee
09-23-2007, 08:56 AM
I actually get VERY angry at people who are homophobic, and I continue to give them my speech on how EVERYONE is equal.

Ms.Squeakers
09-23-2007, 09:19 AM
I honstly dont care
its like being racist (cant spell todayz) EDIT: ok so it isnt like being racist because like..well i just thought about it and it isnt. i guess its like being left handed it isnt their fault you can try and change it but they will forever be a natural left hander
in my mind i mean its just..unnessicary
infact My 2 favorite idols love the same gender : Ellen Degeneres and Freddie Mercury.
If thats really who you love then thats fine! Some people annoy me when they ask how i can love queen when theres a gay lead singer...well... eeexxxxcccuussseee me but how does that matter? They are humans....if thats who they love then so be it you cant change who a person loves.

bleck sorry about venting when this board is to discuss how we feel.

But yes I have never had a problem with it and i never will.

Babyjustrun
09-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I honstly dont care
its like being racist (cant spell todayz) EDIT: ok so it isnt like being racist because like..well i just thought about it and it isnt. i guess its like being left handed it isnt their fault you can try and change it but they will forever be a natural left hander
infact My 2 favorite idols love the same gender : Ellen Degeneres and Freddie Mercury.
If thats really who you love then thats fine! Some people annoy me when they ask how i can love queen when theres a gay lead singer...well... eeexxxxcccuussseee me but how does that matter? They are humans....if thats who they love then so be it you cant change who a person loves.

It actually is like racism. It's also like sexism, any other 'ism' that means that you're being judged or hated because of race, sexuality, gender, etc.

Damhsa04
09-23-2007, 09:36 AM
I honstly dont care

I get what you're saying about it being racist but I think you meant to say being a bigot. A person who discriminates someone just because who they are, if they have money, if they gay/straight/bi; discriminating someone in anyway possible.

Some of my friends from school are gay and a homophobe went up to them and started questioning them and said that god didn't want them this way. My friend just responded by saying that he's atheist. That shut the kid up.

KidGoofy
09-23-2007, 09:41 AM
I think it should be up to where you are getting married. Like if you were to get married in a church they decide. I just don't think it would be great if they force churches to change their way that they have been doing everything just because of one thing.

Lizbon
09-23-2007, 10:28 AM
I get what you're saying about it being racist but I think you meant to say being a bigot. A person who discriminates someone just because who they are, if they have money, if they gay/straight/bi; discriminating someone in anyway possible.

Some of my friends from school are gay and a homophobe went up to them and started questioning them and said that god didn't want them this way. My friend just responded by saying that he's atheist. That shut the kid up.

That is so funny. I want to see what the kids face was like. That showed him!

I can not stand when people use gay as a way of saying something is stupid. When my friends use it I say "oh really, is the inatimate object happy? or does it like another object of the same gender?" Sounds stupid and immature, but it leaves them with no answer and they just say.... "well...." and then I'm like "exactly..." :D

DollfieDreams
09-23-2007, 12:01 PM
no one on this earth has the right to tell you who you cant be in love with and who you can. love is love. it sees no colors, age, or sexes. and yes, it still highly ticks me off everytime i hear an immature or childish response to anything involving the word gay. people in my college classes still giggle like 10 year olds at the thought. but like i said, i think no one has the right to tell you who you can or cant love.

DisneyGirl421
09-23-2007, 12:59 PM
I am in complete support of gay marriage.
My best friend is gay, as well as many other of my friends (I'm a theatre person... sorry to play into stereotypes, but it's true!)

Anywho, I don't believe that the government should get to decide who gets marriage and who doesn't. Civil unions? Sure, that's the governments business.
But marriage? No. That's religious. What ever happend to the separation of Church and State, huh? Why is the government getting involved (majorly) in something religious?

So my personal belief is that the churches should decide who can get married and who can't. I'm Catholic, so I know the Catholic church is against it, but yeah.

Love is love. You can't help who you fall in love with, so why can't everyone be happy?

Sparx
09-23-2007, 01:07 PM
marriage was created as a religious (christian) institution. yes, i'll give you that much. the bible calls gays an 'abomination unto the lord'.

the bible also calls eating shrimp an 'abomination unto the lord'.

Needless to say, the bible is mildly (or majorly depending on your views) outdated. its like that crazy old uncle who tells you that you'll get hemorrhoids from sitting on cold concrete. there are times when you should listen and times when you shouldn't.

Marriage isn't a religious institution anymore. its a legal status. everyone should be allowed the legal rights over their partner. regardless of what is in their pants. civil unions are a word that the filter won't allow me to type. They need the exact same rights and the exact same legal standing.

you are only as strong as your weakest link, and how strong is a country that throws hissy fits over two people loving each other?

i believe that the place you want to get married should decide. like if two gays want to get married in the catholic church, hey, thats not happening. i can't force my believes down the curches' throat, just like the church can't force its down mine. but if they want a legal marriage (and not a religious one) they should have that. if marriage was a religious institution anymore, atheists wouldn't get married. and -newsflash- they do.

-steps off soapbox-

Sparx
09-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Oh, to the person who said something about the government getting involved in something religious, talking about the separation of church and state...that isn't what you think it is.

the spearation of church and state is only talking about keeping the church from instituting taxes, which they used to have a really bad habit of doing. it has nothing to do with gay marriage. And actually, its more of the church getting its nose into a legal matter (marriage rights). marriage is a legal standing now, not so much a religious one anymore.

Ms.Squeakers
09-23-2007, 01:10 PM

It actually is like racism. It's also like sexism, any other 'ism' that means that you're being judged or hated because of race, sexuality, gender, etc.

Yes thats just what i mean!! I love how everyone on here understands me sometimes its just awesome! :)

I'm a Divaaaaa
09-23-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm totally for it. They're people, everyone is equal.

Lizbon
09-23-2007, 01:48 PM
should this be on the gay/board or w/e? jw

It could be on both becasue we are talking about our opinions. So I don't think it realy matters. :confused3

Damhsa04
09-23-2007, 01:53 PM
a civil union is when they get married right? like it goes commitment ceremony if the state doesn't allow marriage and then civil union if they do allow marriage?

i just want to get it right for my paper.

Babyjustrun
09-23-2007, 02:01 PM
It could be on both becasue we are talking about our opinions. So I don't think it realy matters. :confused3

It really doesn't matter.
But usually on the G/L bored, they're don't really discuss whether it's right or not. It's more like here, we just talk about whatever, and of course, Disney.
Just because it's about gay rights doesn't mean it belongs on that board and not this one.

Lizbon
09-23-2007, 02:05 PM
It really doesn't matter.
But usually on the G/L bored, they're don't really discuss whether it's right or not. It's more like here, we just talk about whatever, and of course, Disney.
Just because it's about gay rights doesn't mean it belongs on that board and not this one.

Oh I know I was answering her question.

GirlWithSpunk
09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
I dont support gay marriage.
Thats my opinion on it and I'm not saying anything else on the topic.

AngelInDisguise
09-23-2007, 02:14 PM
^ same

I'm a Divaaaaa
09-23-2007, 02:16 PM
a civil union is when they get married right? like it goes commitment ceremony if the state doesn't allow marriage and then civil union if they do allow marriage?

Civil Unions are usually only recognized in the area they are given. Say if a same-sex couple were granted a civil union in Vermont then it isn't recognized outside of Vermont whereas marriages are recognized everywhere.

Damhsa04
09-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Civil Unions are usually only recognized in the area they are given. Say if a same-sex couple were granted a civil union in Vermont then it isn't recognized outside of Vermont whereas marriages are recognized everywhere.

In Mass is it that they can get married or that they're in a union together?

C.J. Sparrow
09-23-2007, 05:58 PM
I dont support gay marriage.
Thats my opinion on it and I'm not saying anything else on the topic.

Same.

Lizbon
09-23-2007, 06:03 PM
This is in no way supposed to be an argument I just have a question. I don't know your ages so you could quite possibly be old enough to know all the facts. But if you don't support it is it because you don't or your parents don't? It's just a question that is not meant as an insult of anything like. You can PM me if you want to state your opinions or whatever. I don't judge.

C.J. Sparrow
09-23-2007, 06:06 PM
This is in no way supposed to be an argument I just have a question. I don't know your ages so you could quite possibly be old enough to know all the facts. But if you don't support it is it because you don't or your parents don't? It's just a question that is not meant as an insult of anything like. You can PM me if you want to state your opinions or whatever. I don't judge.

It's because I don't support it.

Lizbon
09-23-2007, 06:27 PM
It's because I don't support it.

Ok. I was just curious.

Damhsa04
09-23-2007, 07:40 PM
I am not trying to be mean or anything but I just have a question for the people who are against gay marriage. You don't have to answer but I would greatly appreciate it if you did.

Why do you think that they shouldn't be allowed to get married? I just want to know your opinions because everyone who posted that they're for it explained why but you just say that you're against it with no reason.

It would really help me get the opposite view of the issue. I'm not going to start a debate with you about what your opinion is on the issue. I just want to hear what you have to say. You can also PM me if you don't want to post it here.

Axel
09-23-2007, 07:46 PM

Just a heads up, a civil union is nothing like a marriage. There are so many rights and priviliges recognized by a marriage that aren't recognized in a civil union. They are two separate things. A marriage allows for adoption, inclusion in a healthcare plan, and in some cases, a greater sense of security in children in the family.

I've written an essay (or two...or three) on this same topic. The statistics are astounding. I can't remember what sites I used (and I'm too lazy to go find my papers), but some of what I found was just mind numbing. Did you know that Delta Airlines, on a flight landing in Italy, kicked a man not only off the plane, but put him on their no-fly list (meaning that his return airfare was cancelled, I'm not sure he was refunded, and he can't ever fly on their airline again), and had him detained by Rome authorities, simply because he kissed his boyfriend chastely? Or that the Air Transport Association sued the city of San Francisco for allowing gay marriages? Or that the US Olympic committee sued the foundation of the "Gay Olympics" for copyright infringement, but have never done the same to the Special Olympics, the Para-Olympics, or the International Police Olympics? Did you know that (as of 2004) 70% of Americans supported the right for gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders to serve in the American Armed Forces? Did you know that since the implementation of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", nearly 10,000 people have been dishonorably discharged from service? Did you know that a student was kicked out of Baylor University for being gay? Did you know that Alabama, Mississippi, Arizona, South Carolina, and Texas have strict rules in schools that either prohibit the discussion of homosexuality, or limit it to being strictly negative? That the American Red Cross will not accept blood donations from HIV negative gays/transgenders? Or that a Denny's restaurant forced a lesbian couple to leave because they shared a kiss and sat too close to each other. Did you know that four nations have laws recognizing gay marriage nationally? They are Canada, the Netherlands, Belgium, and Spain.

If you want some more info, these are the sites I used to write my essay (yes, I caved and went to find it):

http://www.thetaskforce.org/issues
http://www.actwin.com/eatonohio/gay/GAY.htm
http://www.connectforkids.org/node/363?tn=lc/ra
That last one is more about gay rights for teens than gay marriage, but they're pretty much the same thing.

If you need anything else, let me know!

Sparx
09-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Just a heads up, a civil union is nothing like a marriage. There are so many rights and priviliges recognized by a marriage that aren't recognized in a civil union. They are two separate things. A marriage allows for adoption, inclusion in a healthcare plan, and in some cases, a greater sense of security in children in the family.

I've written an essay (or two...or three) on this same topic. The statistics are astounding. I can't remember what sites I used (and I'm too lazy to go find my papers), but some of what I found was just mind numbing. Did you know that Delta Airlines, on a flight landing in Italy, kicked a man not only off the plane, but put him on their no-fly list (meaning that his return airfare was cancelled, I'm not sure he was refunded, and he can't ever fly on their airline again), and had him detained by Rome authorities, simply because he kissed his boyfriend chastely? Or that the Air Transport Association sued the city of San Francisco for allowing gay marriages? Or that the US Olympic committee sued the foundation of the "Gay Olympics" for copyright infringement, but have never done the same to the Special Olympics, the Para-Olympics, or the International Police Olympics? Did you know that (as of 2004) 70% of Americans supported the right for gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders to serve in the American Armed Forces? Did you know that since the implementation of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", nearly 10,000 people have been dishonorably discharged from service? Did you know that a student was kicked out of Baylor University for being gay? Did you know that Alabama, Mississippi, Arizona, South Carolina, and Texas have strict rules in schools that either prohibit the discussion of homosexuality, or limit it to being strictly negative? That the American Red Cross will not accept blood donations from HIV negative gays/transgenders? Or that a Denny's restaurant forced a lesbian couple to leave because they shared a kiss and sat too close to each other. Did you know that four nations have laws recognizing gay marriage nationally? They are Canada, the Netherlands, Belgium, and Spain.

If you want some more info, these are the sites I used to write my essay (yes, I caved and went to find it):

That last one is more about gay rights for teens than gay marriage, but they're pretty much the same thing.

this is like my favorite post ever.

Babyjustrun
09-23-2007, 07:51 PM

And that is another reason I am proud to be Canadian ;]

Axel
09-23-2007, 07:53 PM
this is like my favorite post ever.

I feel so honoured. How are you? Haven't talked to you in ages!

Axel
09-23-2007, 07:54 PM

You have no idea how much I want to move to Canada.

Sparx
09-23-2007, 07:57 PM
I feel so honoured. How are you? Haven't talked to you in ages!

i miss you! I've been so busy lately. How've you been?

pigletgirl
09-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Don't agree with it at all.

Damhsa....PM for you. ;)

And no, we're not closed minded. Just different opinions.

Babyjustrun
09-23-2007, 08:03 PM
You have no idea how much I want to move to Canada.

There are it's ups.
There most definitely some downs.
For now, I can say I wouldn't want to live in the US. There's just too many issues for me.

Axel
09-23-2007, 08:05 PM
i miss you! I've been so busy lately. How've you been?

I'm doing OK. Sprained thumb....whiplash...dislocated jaw. All from volleyball. But mostly I've been acting like a hyperactive child since I got Chamberlain for US History. Man's a teaching god!

Sparx
09-23-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm doing OK. Sprained thumb....whiplash...dislocated jaw. All from volleyball. But mostly I've been acting like a hyperactive child since I got Chamberlain for US History. Man's a teaching god!

eesh. well I hacked off part of my finger at work yesterday. haha. thats the extent of my injuries.

maybe we should take this to aim before we hijack the thread. ;)

Saxsoon
09-23-2007, 08:18 PM
I may not like it and I do think the act is a sin, but let gays and lesbians marry. It is not affecting me in any way. It is not affecting the economy, the war, the national security. Leave them be.

Btw, I am not sure, but is a marriage in Massachusetts accepted by other states? Because if not, those states could be in a constitutional violation because there is a full faith and credit clause that states that a state must recognize the papers of another state. It is the reason we can drive in another state with our driver licenses.

Addicted.to.Speed
09-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Im a catholic so i dont support it, i think its a sin

DramaQueen
09-23-2007, 08:52 PM

seriously!
i am so proud to live in a country that recognizes gay couples' right to marriage.
and i am extremely proud that i live in a city where a gay couple can walk down the street just like any other couple without being afraid or ashamed.

DramaQueen
09-23-2007, 08:56 PM
i also respect a churches right to refuse gay marriages.
but i don't think it should be outlawed in any way!
a civil union, at least should be legal and allowed anywhere.
a gay couple should have jsut as much right as a straight couple to be able to obtain a legal marriage liscence. (which has nothing to do with the church)

WClancysbro
09-24-2007, 12:18 PM
To all of those against it let me make a point while stepping on as few toes as possible.

Damhsa is writing a paper and needs to get all sides and perspectives of the argument. So to the people that use religion as a reason for not liking Gay Marriage, that's fine, I may not agree with your opinions but I at least respect them.

However to those of you who did not state religion as your reason I think it would be very beneficial to Damhsa if you would state why you feel this way. We all know how important it is to get all the facts for major papers so if you are going to post on a thread geared toward helping somebody with a paper please help them in that respect.

Rant over.

WClancysbro
09-24-2007, 12:21 PM

And on a completly different note from my previous post...

Hear hear!

Disney.Ears
09-24-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm not for Gay Marriage.
I will PM you Damhsa.

Lizbon
09-24-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm not for Gay Marriage.
I will PM you Damhsa.

Can you PM me about it to. I'm not here to judge or attack you, I would just like to hear your views. If you don't want to, thats fine.

Disney.Ears
09-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Can you PM me about it to. I'm not here to judge or attack you, I would just like to hear your views. If you don't want to, thats fine.

At the time, I really only want to share my opinion with Damhsa at the moment. I'm sorry, but I just don't want to get into it..

Lizbon
09-24-2007, 03:44 PM
That's fine.

I'm a Divaaaaa
09-24-2007, 04:06 PM
It is sad some of you wont share your opinions if you oppose it. Embarassed about something, perhaps?

Babyjustrun
09-24-2007, 04:08 PM
It is sad some of you wont share your opinions if you oppose it. Embarassed about something, perhaps?

I think they don't want to get flamed.

Disney.Ears
09-24-2007, 04:10 PM

I'm not embaressed, I'm just not getting into my beliefs.

I'm a Divaaaaa
09-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Hah, well we aren't really even allowed to flame here. No one ever tells me why they're against it other than "religious beleifs." I'm just curious, but okay then, I'l be done with this thread.

Babyjustrun
09-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Hah, well we aren't really even allowed to flame here. No one ever tells me why they're against it other than "religious beleifs." I'm just curious, but okay then, I'l be done with this thread.

Well, when I say flame, they don't want their opinions torn down.
We've had this discussion before, and the people against it were put in a bad position, that they were probably uncomfortable in.

Sparx
09-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Well, when I say flame, they don't want their opinions torn down.
We've had this discussion before, and the people against it were put in a bad position, that they were probably uncomfortable in.

Quoted for emphasis.

Damhsa04
09-24-2007, 07:55 PM
So I finished my paper. It's not super great but if anyone wants to read it I can PM it to you. I don't really want to post my whole paper on the internet for anyone to read and for anyone to steal and pawn off as their own.

All your information helped me out a lot. Thank you.

Sparx
09-24-2007, 07:57 PM
So I finished my paper. It's not super great but if anyone wants to read it I can PM it to you. I don't really want to post my whole paper on the internet for anyone to read and for anyone to steal and pawn off as their own.

Writing is a passion of mine. I could read over it/proofread it for you, if you want.

straightj23
09-24-2007, 10:40 PM
So for my English class I'm writing a paper about how gay marriage should be allowed.

I have some friends who are gay and they get made fun of because of it. It's not cool how people think that you should be shunned because you're attracted to the same sex.

What are your views on gay marriage or gay people in general?

Truthfully, this issue doesn't effect who I support for election. Gay marriage and abortion are the two issues that I have no true opinion on. I know in my heart that I am straight. However, I have no problem with gay marriage or gay people. If I have any problems with gay people, it is the recruiters who actually try to encourage you to experiment or to flat out switch. I've meet many gay people like that who ask me "how do you know you're not gay unless you've tried it?" Look, I'm happy with my lifestyle, and I don't wish to change at all. We are always taught to support a gay person's lifestyle. Keep in mind that I have absolutely no problem with gay people. However, if I'm supposed to support a gay person's lifestyle that they choose to live, aren't they supposed to support my chosen lifestyle?

Honestly, I'm surprised that gay people aren't at the forefront for supporting the war on terrorism. The truth is that those troops over in the middle east are fighting for our rights of free speech and freedom to live our own lives. And yes, that means that they are also defending your right to be gay in this country. If terrorists could do what they desire with us, all gays would be dead within a week. There was a poll on the left-wing daily kos website that asks: who would you prefer as president? Bush or the Iranian president? It's hard to believe, but 40% said that they would rather have the Iranian islamo-nazi president. The Iranian president has openly said even today when he spoke at Columbia University that gays don't exist in his country. You know why? It's because they've either been killed or put in jail. Now, this is my definition of an inconvenient truth.

VMK_MagicalLadee
09-25-2007, 07:21 AM
I am veerrrryyyyyy angry now.

I just LOVE how all the people supporting give complete and full answers, and the non-supporting give NO resons at all.

Lovely. Well, Ive figured out MY friends on the board.

Sparx
09-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Truthfully, this issue doesn't effect who I support for election. Gay marriage and abortion are the two issues that I have no true opinion on. I know in my heart that I am straight. However, I have no problem with gay marriage or gay people. If I have any problems with gay people, it is the recruiters who actually try to encourage you to experiment or to flat out switch. I've meet many gay people like that who ask me "how do you know you're not gay unless you've tried it?" Look, I'm happy with my lifestyle, and I don't wish to change at all. We are always taught to support a gay person's lifestyle. Keep in mind that I have absolutely no problem with gay people. However, if I'm supposed to support a gay person's lifestyle that they choose to live, aren't they supposed to support my chosen lifestyle?

Honestly, I'm surprised that gay people aren't at the forefront for supporting the war on terrorism. The truth is that those troops over in the middle east are fighting for our rights of free speech and freedom to live our own lives. And yes, that means that they are also defending your right to be gay in this country. If terrorists could do what they desire with us, all gays would be dead within a week. There was a poll on the left-wing daily kos website that asks: who would you prefer as president? Bush or the Iranian president? It's hard to believe, but 40% said that they would rather have the Iranian islamo-nazi president. The Iranian president has openly said even today when he spoke at Columbia University that gays don't exist in his country. You know why? It's because they've either been killed or put in jail. Now, this is my definition of an inconvenient truth.
You expect gay people to support a war that they're not allowed to fight in?

pigletgirl
09-25-2007, 04:04 PM
I am veerrrryyyyyy angry now.

I just LOVE how all the people supporting give complete and full answers, and the non-supporting give NO resons at all.

Lovely. Well, Ive figured out MY friends on the board.

Good. I'm glad.

Its really sad to see that your only friends are those who you agree with politically. Wow. Just wow. Thats not cool.

Grow up.

09-25-2007, 04:05 PM
We had this discussion in History today.

I found out that of the 23 kids in my history class.
I was the only one who supported it.
Suprised me actually.

But I respect their opinions. :]

pigletgirl
09-25-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm not surprised. It really has to do with where you are.

Sparx
09-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Good. I'm glad.

Its really sad to see that your only friends are those who you agree with politically. Wow. Just wow. Thats not cool.

Grow up.

personally, i think its more a of moral than political opinion. to someone who supports equal rights, finding out someone doesn't could make them think less of the person. :confused3

i dunno. i'm friends with people for different reasons than their opinions.

Babyjustrun
09-25-2007, 05:09 PM

I'd love to read it =)

Suprised me actually.

Last year in Health, we were doing opinion questions. Anyways, so we were asked if a person wanted to bring their same-sex partner to the dance, if it was okay. And only two people didn't support it because they thought it would be gross or weird.
FOR SOME REASON beyond me, people assume, that all gay people are dirty, and like to overdo PDA. They are normal people. Just like you and me.

I'm sorry, but the wars going on in Iraq, and in Aghanistan, have very little to do with your rights and freedom of speech. The US already is a free country, you already have the right to speak, it's been that way since god knows when (I don't know the exact year, someone would have to fill me in, I'm not american).

Gay people DON'T CHOOSE TO BE GAY. I don't know, how many times, anyone has to repeat this. They don't. They don't say 'I want to be different, let's be gay.' they don't say 'I think it'd be fun to be gay.'
They are born gay. They don't turn gay. Eventually they realize they aren't into the opposite sex, they're not attracted to them.

09-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Last year in Health, we were doing opinion questions. Anyways, so we were asked if a person wanted to bring their same-sex partner to the dance, if it was okay. And only two people didn't support it because they thought it would be gross or weird.
FOR SOME REASON beyond me, people assume, that all gay people are dirty, and like to overdo PDA. They are normal people. Just like you and me.

Yeah.
Almost all of the kids were yelling "That's disgusting!" or "Eww!"
But I just thought more of them supported it, is the reason I was suprised. The people I thought supported it didn't.
But I've heard Gay 7 times this week refering to calling someone a name, and it was extremely annoying.
Our class though is still really immature about it. Everytime they see the word in an old book or something they will start laughing.

Lizbon
09-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Sorry the quotes are out of order but here it goes:

Gay people DON'T CHOOSE TO BE GAY. I don't know, how many times, anyone has to repeat this. They don't. They don't say 'I want to be different, let's be gay.' they don't say 'I think it'd be fun to be gay.'
They are born gay. They don't turn gay. Eventually they realize they aren't into the opposite sex, they're not attracted to them.

We've got some Marco lines going on in here. Lol I <3 Degrassi. Anyway, I completely agree with your second paragraph. I couldn't have said it better. As to your other paragraph which I backspaced by accident, I do agree with the fact that they are not dirty, I am straight and I have no problem with gay marriages or relationships. While I have to admit, if one of my friends was gay (don't flame me for this) at first it would be a little awkward seeing them with another male/female. That is something I think everyone goes through though. I have nothing against it; it would just take some getting used to. I don't mean that in a rude way at all.

personally, i think its more a of moral than political opinion. to someone who supports equal rights, finding out someone doesn't could make them think less of the person. :confused3

i dunno. i'm friends with people for different reasons than their opinions.

::yes:: ::yes::

Suprised me actually.

:eek: Wow. I would expect 2 or 3 just because, but 22!:eek: Wow. I'm speechless.

Good. I'm glad.

Grow up.

She wasn't really saying that. If you look at it this way, you fired back at her because of her comment, so next time you see her post you might think, "oh she is the girl who said she is only friends with people who support gay marriages". Next time she sees another person post she might think "that person does not support gay marriges". See you are both thinking of people differnetly now. I think it is all about perspective.

Babyjustrun
09-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah.
Almost all of the kids were yelling "That's disgusting!" or "Eww!"
But I just thought more of them supported it, is the reason I was suprised. The people I thought supported it didn't.
But I've heard Gay 7 times this week refering to calling someone a name, and it was extremely annoying.
Our class though is still really immature about it. Everytime they see the word in an old book or something they will start laughing.

There is a kid in my math class. His name is Raymond.
He was talking to a kid who saw him at the hockey game with his girlfriend.
And the teacher was like 'How are you sure it was your girlfriend?'
And Raymond starts saying 'I'm not gay, it was my girlfriend. I don't have a boyfriend.'
It's like, you loser, she was talking about anyone who could be a girl and a friend. I hate guys who are so immature, that accuse people of being gay to make themselves feel bigger.

I don't think gay couples are gross. A lot of them are adorable.
My favorite ship out of my tv shows is Darco. A gay ship. Yes it's tv, but they're adorable.

Lizbon
09-25-2007, 05:31 PM
And Raymond starts saying 'I'm not gay, it was my girlfriend. I don't have a boyfriend.'It's like, you loser, she was talking about anyone who could be a girl and a friend. I hate guys who are so immature, that accuse people of being gay to make themselves feel bigger.

My favorite ship out of my tv shows is Darco. A gay ship. Yes it's tv, but they're adorable.

:confused: :confused: :confused: To th bolded part. And yet again I am speechless.

VMK_MagicalLadee
09-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Good. I'm glad.

Grow up.

Thanks. Thanks alot.

Thats how I THINK.

Welcome to my world honey.

:banana:

Babyjustrun
09-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Sorry the quotes are out of order but here it goes:

We've got some Marco lines going on in here. Lol I <3 Degrassi. Anyway, I completely agree with your second paragraph. I couldn't have said it better. As to your other paragraph which I backspaced by accident, I do agree with the fact that they are not dirty, I am straight and I have no problem with gay marriages or relationships. While I have to admit, if one of my friends was gay (don't flame me for this) at first it would be a little awkward seeing them with another male/female. That is something I think everyone goes through though. I have nothing against it; it would just take some getting used to. I don't mean that in a rude way at all.

::yes:: ::yes::

:eek: Wow. I would expect 2 or 3 just because, but 22!:eek: Wow. I'm speechless.

She wasn't really saying that. If you look at it this way, you fired back at her because of her comment, so next time you see her post you might think, "oh she is the girl who said she is only friends with people who support gay marriages". Next time she sees another person post she might think "that person does not support gay marriges". See you are both thinking of people differnetly now. I think it is all about perspective.

Lol, I adore Marco.
I just get really sick of explaining people that gay people don't make these choices. Some people, get bullied and made fun of so much, they wish they weren't attracted to the same sex. But they can't do anything about it, it's how they feel, it's just how they are. You can't change someone just because you tell them it's wrong.
There was one epsiode, of Degrassi, the blood drive one. How true it was, got my blood boiling. People really, need to get open minded about this.

Babyjustrun
09-25-2007, 05:36 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: To th bolded part. And yet again I am speechless.

He assumed the teacher thought he was with a guy. She was just implying that he hadn't gone with his girlfriend. And of course, because he's immature, he told her all class 'I'm not gay.'
And the way he was saying that, was horrible, mean.

09-25-2007, 05:43 PM
And Raymond starts saying 'I'm not gay, it was my girlfriend. I don't have a boyfriend.'
It's like, you loser, she was talking about anyone who could be a girl and a friend. I hate guys who are so immature, that accuse people of being gay to make themselves feel bigger.

I agree.
There is a guy that works at our sonic that's gay.
He is awesome. He and his boyfriend are so cute!

There was these 2 girls that came to our football game last friday.
My friend nudged me and told me to look. They were holding hands and she looked at me kinda like she was disgusted. I wasn't and I said "Yeah...so?"

Oh my I hate it when guys do that. They ALWAYS call each other gay.
I don't understand how that makes them better?

Babyjustrun
09-25-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree.
There is a guy that works at our sonic that's gay.
He is awesome. He and his boyfriend are so cute!

My friend nudged me and told me to look. They were holding hands and she looked at me kinda like she was disgusted. I wasn't and I said "Yeah...so?"

Oh my I hate it when guys do that. They ALWAYS call each other gay.
I don't understand how that makes them better?

I hate, hate, hate it when my mum hears someone, either in public or on tv, that has a gay voice, and says 'Oh he's got to be sooo gay.'
And it's like. What if he was just born with that voice? What if he's actually straight? What if that guy, just really likes clothes?
We don't say that because a girl has a deep voice, or hangs around with guys, that she's a lesbian. But if your a guy who likes clothes? Gay. If you hang around with girls? Gay. Odd voice? Gay.
It's so awful. Don't stereotype please.

VMK_MagicalLadee
09-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Hil, you know they wont stop. No point in trying. People are too freakin' ignorant.

Babyjustrun
09-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Hil, you know they wont stop. No point in trying. People are too freakin' ignorant.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop supporting gay marriage.

VMK_MagicalLadee
09-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Doesn't mean I'm going to stop supporting gay marriage.

NO DONT...

Ill eat you :D

Lizbon
09-25-2007, 05:52 PM
He assumed the teacher thought he was with a guy. She was just implying that he hadn't gone with his girlfriend. And of course, because he's immature, he told her all class 'I'm not gay.'
And the way he was saying that, was horrible, mean.

Oh yea, I know. I was confused as to why he would think that is what the teacher was implying, instead of the 1,000 other possibilities.

My friend during the first day of school was like "I saw two girls making out in the hallway!" and she had this disgusted look on her face. I had no reply. I always yell at my friends for saying "gay" in relplace of stupid. They get annyoed but I get just as annoyed at them when they say it.

09-25-2007, 05:52 PM
I hate, hate, hate it when my mum hears someone, either in public or on tv, that has a gay voice, and says 'Oh he's got to be sooo gay.'
And it's like. What if he was just born with that voice? What if he's actually straight? What if that guy, just really likes clothes?
We don't say that because a girl has a deep voice, or hangs around with guys, that she's a lesbian. But if your a guy who likes clothes? Gay. If you hang around with girls? Gay. Odd voice? Gay.
It's so awful. Don't stereotype please.

::yes::
I know!

09-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Oh yea, I know. I was confused as to why he would think that is what the teacher was implying, instead of the 1,000 other possibilities.

My friend during the first day of school was like "I saw two girls making out in the hallway!" and she had this disgusted look on her face. I had no reply. I always yell at my friends for saying "gay" in relplace of stupid. They get annyoed but I get just as annoyed at them when they say it.

My friend was yelling at a computer in class calling it gay.
I told her please use the word properly.
She calls me gay all the time. In a rude way like saying I'm stupid. I always yell at her when she says it to me or anyone else.

Babyjustrun
09-25-2007, 05:58 PM

Guys are insecure.
So very.
They're so afraid of someone thinking their gay. It's like the number one thing on their mind when someone may have 'insulted' them.
If you notice, most of their comebacks are 'OMG YOU'RE SO GAY.' or 'Well you watch gay porn' etc.

Addicted.to.Speed
09-25-2007, 06:18 PM
marriage was created as a religious (christian) institution. yes, i'll give you that much. the bible calls gays an 'abomination unto the lord'.

the bible also calls eating shrimp an 'abomination unto the lord'.

Needless to say, the bible is mildly (or majorly depending on your views) outdated. its like that crazy old uncle who tells you that you'll get hemorrhoids from sitting on cold concrete. there are times when you should listen and times when you shouldn't.

Marriage isn't a religious institution anymore. its a legal status. everyone should be allowed the legal rights over their partner. regardless of what is in their pants. civil unions are a word that the filter won't allow me to type. They need the exact same rights and the exact same legal standing.

you are only as strong as your weakest link, and how strong is a country that throws hissy fits over two people loving each other?

i believe that the place you want to get married should decide. like if two gays want to get married in the catholic church, hey, thats not happening. i can't force my believes down the curches' throat, just like the church can't force its down mine. but if they want a legal marriage (and not a religious one) they should have that. if marriage was a religious institution anymore, atheists wouldn't get married. and -newsflash- they do.

-steps off soapbox-

how dare you say that the bible is outdated! The stories are still aplicable today. Ancient things such as the golden rule, the foundation for all laws, and answers for many of your questions exist in the new bible. Both are in the new and old testement. It is the oldest, most sold, and the greatest book of all time. Nothing touches the bible. You cant come on hear and tell people what the should and shouldnt belive but i see you coming on here and bashing God and all those who belive in him.

I wouldn't be calling the steroytipic gay guy/girl the strongest in the world either though.

In the military guys and girls have different barracks/bunks/houses/sleeping areas. Mmmk? This is so they can not show affaction for one another. Why should gay people be allowed this right? There would be no place to put them. You cant have a gay only area or they will show affection and you cant put them in the guy/girl rooms because they can still show affection for each other. The military is for the protection of the country not a love story

People were kicked off the plan for making out. Straight people cant even do that so thats not discriminating(sp) against gays and theres always more the story than what is told or else the story would be boring.

Thing about the Olympics. You going to go sue the mentally challenged or the parapolegics??? Idk that sounds really cold harted me but hey who im to say whose cold harted???? I would really like to know why gay people cant compete in the rugular olympics. The Police Olympics have there own specific events not just doing the regular olympics such as skiing or curling. They do more shooting orientated(sp) games.

There are strict rules against PDA in all schools in all states. Doesn't matter if you straight or gay.

Did you know that a black couple kicked out of dennys, or that a couples kids got kicked out of class for swearing? How do you know that the couple wasnt making out and the two girls stratoling(sp) each other? If a regular couple did the same thing they would be kicked out as well.

Babyjustrun
09-25-2007, 06:23 PM
how dare you say that the bible is outdated! The stories are still aplicable today. Ancient things such as the golden rule, the foundation for all laws, and answers for many of your questions exist in the new bible. Both are in the new and old testement. It is the oldest, most sold, and the greatest book of all time. Nothing touches the bible. You cant come on hear and tell people what the should and shouldnt belive but i see you coming on here and bashing God and all those who belive in him.

I wouldn't be calling the steroytipic gay guy/girl the strongest in the world either though.

In the military guys and girls have different barracks/bunks/houses/sleeping areas. Mmmk? This is so they can not show affaction for one another. Why should gay people be allowed this right? There would be no place to put them. You cant have a gay only area or they will show affection and you cant put them in the guy/girl rooms because they can still show affection for each other. The military is for the protection of the country not a love story

People were kicked off the plan for making out. Straight people cant even do that so thats not discriminating(sp) against gays and theres always more the story than what is told or else the story would be boring.

Thing about the Olympics. You going to go sue the mentally challenged or the parapolegics??? Idk that sounds really cold harted me but hey who im to say whose cold harted???? I would really like to know why gay people cant compete in the rugular olympics. The Police Olympics have there own specific events not just doing the regular olympics such as skiing or curling. They do more shooting orientated(sp) games.

There are strict rules against PDA in all schools in all states. Doesn't matter if you straight or gay.

Did you know that a black couple kicked out of dennys, or that a couples kids got kicked out of class for swearing? How do you know that the couple wasnt making out and the two girls stratoling(sp) each other? If a regular couple did the same thing they would be kicked out as well.

How dare she?
She can say what she likes. She believes the bible is outdated, so she can say that. Honestly, I think the bible is bull, and a lot of people do. But neither I, nor her are trying to 'convert you' like you aren't trying to convert us.

And I am most certain, that the PDA isn't countrywide. It depends on the set of rules for the state, the district, the school.

Sparx
09-25-2007, 06:43 PM

I'll dare where I please, thank you very much. as I said in my OP, the bible calls eating shrimp an abomination unto the lord. Parts of it are outdated. you're telling me that I'm bashing people for believing in god? show me where. I dare you.

The men and women of the military CAN date each other (if they stay in their rank). They CAN show affection towards one another. get your facts straight before you pick a fight with me.

HPGIRL
09-25-2007, 07:09 PM
im really sick of close minded people! love is love. i think if an idiot can run our country same sex couples should be allowed to get married!

***sorry if i offended anyone with that comment about the president. its just my opinion.

I support you 200%!
The sad thing is, is that all of my friends are the very opposit.I live in a state that 99.9% is republican.They love Monkey (no offence to anyone who likes him or anything but I usualy call G.W.B that please don't fire me!That is just my opinion.)But obviously I don't!

GOOOOOOOOO Hilary!

Lizbon
09-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I'll dare where I please, thank you very much. as I said in my OP, the bible calls eating shrimp an abomination unto the lord. Parts of it are outdated. you're telling me that I'm bashing people for believing in god? show me where. I dare you.

The men and women of the military CAN date each other (if they stay in their rank). They CAN show affection towards one another. get your facts straight before you pick a fight with me.

QFE! Well said!

Sparx
09-25-2007, 07:20 PM
QFE! Well said!

thank you.

Lizbon
09-25-2007, 07:30 PM
thank you.

Your welcome. :D

Damhsa04
09-25-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm really glad that this discussion has gotten to be more debatable. For a while it was one sided and now the other side has broken through and stated their opinions. That's what I wanted.

I just don't want any fights to break out of the thread and don't want anyones feelings to get hurt.

DramaQueen
09-25-2007, 08:10 PM

How is it that she can't say the bible is outdated but you can say that it's the 'greatest book of all time', 'nothing touches it'.
you two obviously don't share the same beliefs, and you have no right to flame shelby for stating her beliefs, and then come and shove yours down our throats.
she had a perfectly legit example to back her arguement (how many christians/bible followers out there eat shrimp?), so i just don't think it's right that she can't state her opinions without such a harsh rebuttle.

p.s; please show us where she 'bashed God'???? :confused3

p.p.s; i do wish that SOMEONE who is against gay marriage would be so kind as to share with us why? (if not for religious reasons) :confused3
...not so we can tag-team flame you...i know i (and alot of other people) are just curious to hear your views.

SpaceMounatin
09-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I am a 100% supporter of all gay rights. Love is love, you can't stop that, and niether can no religion or politics!

-Dainan "I support, for some obvious reasons" Rafferty

Sparx
09-25-2007, 08:22 PM
How is it that she can't say the bible is outdated but you can say that it's the 'greatest book of all time', 'nothing touches it'.
you two obviously don't share the same beliefs, and you have no right to flame shelby for stating her beliefs, and then come and shove yours down our throats.
she had a perfectly legit example to back her arguement (how many christians/bible followers out there eat shrimp?), so i just don't think it's right that she can't state her opinions without such a harsh rebuttle.

p.p.s; i do wish that SOMEONE who is against gay marriage would be so kind as to share with us why? (if not for religious reasons) :confused3
...not so we can tag-team flame you...i know i (and alot of other people) are just curious to hear your views.
thank you caitlin.

Tinkerbell424
09-25-2007, 08:22 PM

I agree.
And about the comment towards gay people in the army.
If they are American they should be given the same right to fight in the army if they want too.
Who cares what gender they like. They are not aliens.:rolleyes:
IMO.

I'm curious as to this too.
Most people I know who are against it,are because of religious beliefs.

C.J. Sparrow
09-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Ok. I don't support it for religious reasons. If I were old enough to vote, however, I wouldn't vote for or against it. I think that it's an issue that should be left out of politics, though some people may think differently. It's more of a moral issue than a political one. I don't know why the debate over people marrying the same sex has blown up into a huge political battle. I REALLY don't agree with it, and I believe that it is wrong, and I don't like how they're forcing their lifestyles on everyone else.

Sparx
09-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Ok. I don't support it for religious reasons. If I were old enough to vote, however, I wouldn't vote for or against it. I think that it's an issue that should be left out of politics, though some people may think differently. It's more of a moral issue than a political one. I don't know why the debate over people marrying the same sex has blown up into a huge political battle. I REALLY don't agree with it, and I believe that it is wrong, and I don't like how they're forcing their lifestyles on everyone else.

oh for the love of tap dancing bunnies tell me that you really didn't just say that.

you think they're bad wrong immoral sinners who shouldn't be allowed to live that way, yet YOU have problems with THEM forcing THEIR beliefs on YOU.

talk about a freakin double standard.

SpaceMounatin
09-25-2007, 08:59 PM
^^Why do you feel it's wrong? I know alot of gay people who don't even show it. You'd be suprised in fact. And what makes it allright for straight people to go around showing, so that's a bit hypocriticle. But the way I've been raised, I never understood how people can be so against other people's lifestyles and beliefs, when it has nothing to do with them!

-Dainan "Ask my boyfriend" Rafferty

PurpleDucky
09-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Love is love. No matter what age (unless it's a 12 year old marrying a 45 yr old which is gross), race, height, weight or gender.

Addicted.to.Speed
09-25-2007, 10:13 PM
How dare she?
She can say what she likes. She believes the bible is outdated, so she can say that. Honestly, I think the bible is bull, and a lot of people do. But neither I, nor her are trying to 'convert you' like you aren't trying to convert us.

And I am most certain, that the PDA isn't countrywide. It depends on the set of rules for the state, the district, the school.

She attacked my religion and i think that that is wrong and shes basically calling all christians/catholics/people who belive in the bible that they are crazy people stuck in the past. I took offence to that. She can say what ever she likes but when she attacks my religion im goign to stand up for what i belive

Although some schools in in the US are strickter than others, people cant make out in class with out getting in trouble

You are calling all people who belive in God crazy old people who are stuck in the past. I would also like to know where this "eating shrimp an abomination unto the lord" i would like the chapter, verse, and book. I have feeling that this quote is in the Old testement and in when the new testement came around a lot of the old rules changed.

I think you're taking the word affection to a different meaning than i am. I'm implying something more intimate than what your are thinking.

Yes correct i have no right to flame her beliefs, im guessing she is an athyest(sp) and i respect that. But i have every right to fight back when she flams my religion.

She called people who belive in the bible which technacally(sp) the book of God that we are crazy old people who are stuck in the past

I agree.
And about the comment towards gay people in the army.
If they are American they should be given the same right to fight in the army if they want too.
Who cares what gender they like. They are not aliens.:rolleyes:
IMO.

I'm curious as to this too.
Most people I know who are against it,are because of religious beliefs.

Your right our gay americans should have the right to be allowed into the army as long as they dont show the intimate attraction towards one another.

pigletgirl
09-25-2007, 10:37 PM
The bible can be used in all sorts of ways in this day and age. If the bible didn't apply to today, then Christianity really wouldn't exist. There are millions of followers who follow the book everyday. Now, it doesn't mean you have to take it litterally. Of course we can eat shrimp.

For me, marriage is a holy and sacred event that should happen between a man and a woman. If there are many different types of marriages, then the definition of marriage would change, which is shouldn't.

Hands down, I really do not want to live in a world filled with that, nor do I want a bunch or rapist, murders, liars, stealers, ect. But of course that isn't the way life is. It doesn't mean however that I have to think its ok.

To the person who said being gay/lesbian wasn't a choice, then what if a person was, but didn't want to live that lifestyle? What if they said no? I believe 100% it is a choice.

That probably didn't make much sense, because I wrote what I had off the top of my head. I just rambled. :)

(Flame suit is ready!!!!)

SpaceMounatin
09-25-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm not going to flame you. I accept all opinions and views for what they are. But for me, I didn't wake up one morning and say, "Allright, I like guys!" I've always been confused about my sexuality and have been scarred, since I was 12. But I've been in denial and afraid, and tried to hide and change it, believing it was a choice. But truthfully, it's not, at least for me it isn't. And it's been very recent that I've come to terms with my self. And my parents and siblings accept me for who I am, and truthfully, I only care what the people I love think about me. If a random jerk on the street came up to me and said, "Fly for me fairy boy!", I would ignore it, and go on my merry way. (And no, I'm not a flamer). In fact, I'm very secretive about it, and am scarred and confused, and mostly nerodic about the whole thing. So I have to put my foot down here and say that this was no choice of mine!

-Dainan "Spread the love for everyone :hippie: " Rafferty

pigletgirl
09-25-2007, 10:56 PM
But are you attracted to guys, or is it because maybe your a bit more effemanite? (sp?)

You seem really nice, and so I don't think you are a bad person at all. Now I may not agree with the lifestyle, but you are cool.

Tinkerbell424
09-25-2007, 10:56 PM
The bible can be used in all sorts of ways in this day and age. If the bible didn't apply to today, then Christianity really wouldn't exist. There are millions of followers who follow the book everyday. Now, it doesn't mean you have to take it litterally. Of course we can eat shrimp.

For me, marriage is a holy and sacred event that should happen between a man and a woman. If there are many different types of marriages, then the definition of marriage would change, which is shouldn't.

Hands down, I really do not want to live in a world filled with that, nor do I want a bunch or rapist, murders, liars, stealers, ect. But of course that isn't the way life is. It doesn't mean however that I have to think its ok.

To the person who said being gay/lesbian wasn't a choice, then what if a person was, but didn't want to live that lifestyle? What if they said no? I believe 100% it is a choice.

That probably didn't make much sense, because I wrote what I had off the top of my head. I just rambled. :)

I know this is your opinion and I respect it but what about love?
What makes it so wrong if two guys are in love or if two girls are in love?
IMO. love is love. Doesn't the bible talk about love in general? I don't follow the bible so I really wouldnt know but wouldnt it talk about love in general?

And I have a question for everyone who does not support it.
If you had/have a gay friend or family member who was going to get married to their loved one would you give them your blessing and support them?J/W

pigletgirl
09-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Is it really love though? Or is it lust. That is a very fine line.

Yes, the bible does talk about love, but it also talks about loving the person, and not the sin. (Which I belive is gay marriage.)

I would support them, because they were my family. Would I agree with their choices. No.

Same way if my brother married a *****. lol

SpaceMounatin
09-25-2007, 11:01 PM
But are you attracted to guys, or is it because maybe your a bit more effemanite? (sp?)

You seem really nice, and so I don't think you are a bad person at all. Now I may not agree with the lifestyle, but you are cool.

You don't have to agree with me. And that's okay. but you are right, I am pretty damn cool:woohoo: !

-Dainan "Effeminaite, not really!" Rafferty

Axel
09-26-2007, 05:28 AM

Here. Let me put it simply. So maybe you can understand it, because your vocabulary doesn't seem to be at par with mine. Chastely means quickly, and not 'making out'. A chaste kiss is not an 'OMG! I love you, sooooo much I want to just do naughty things to you' kiss. It's an 'I'm going out to shop, I'll be back in a few hours. Bye.' type of kiss. I'm sure your parents have probably given each other chaste kisses infront of you (unless of course, all they do is make out).

About the Olympics. If they wanted the sue the creators of the "Gay Olympics" for a copyright violation, they should have, to be fair, sued every institution with the word "Olympics" in it. They shouldn't have sued just one organization. And yes, if I were going to do it, I'd do it right. If I wanted to sue the "Gay Olympics", I'd also sue the "Special Olympics" and so on. Nobody should be excluded just because they have a handicap.

As for PDA in schools...I don't reference that anywhere. At all. I think you're putting things out there that I never said. I said that a student was kicked out of Baylor University simply because he was gay, not because he engaged in some sore of illicit public activity with another guy. And the laws in Alabama, Mississippi, Arizona, South Carolina, and Texas have nothing to do with PDA at all. You can't talk about homosexuality in any of those states at school without facing punishment. Some of those states allow the discussion of homosexuality, but limit it to being strictly negative talk like 'OMG! Save us from those horrid gays that want to make us look fashionable!'

A black couple kicked out of Denny's is a left over facet of racism in the US (might I add, that the entire concept of blacks being a lesser race is due to the colonial interpretation of the Bible...). I'm not really that surprised over the kids being kicked out of class for swearing. That's not something that is usually allowed in schools. I've been asked to censor myself several times (and I've had to censor myself thoroughly in this post...). And I don't know that they weren't, but I'm going to consider my source valid and say that when they mean kiss, they mean a chaste one, and when they say sitting too close, I'm going to assume they mean near enough for one to rest her head on the shoulder of the other.

As for the military. I hate to break it to you, but not all gays are horndogs. They're not going to jump the first guy/girl they see. Did you know that a massive percentage of the women dishonorably discharged from the US armed forces under the accusation of being a lesbian, only had those charges brought up against them because they turned down a male servicemember who got his ego bruised (not saying all guys are like that, cause they aren't).

As for the bible, it may be the oldest book in the world, but I'm sure that there's a scroll or two documenting a story somewhere in the thousands of years before the bible came along. The Old Testament was written a long time ago, given. It was also written by the Jews, given. But if you look at it this way, IDEAS CHANGE. No single thought will ever be the same. To bring up an earlier statement, the idea that blacks were a subservient race in colonial america and thus were fit for enslavement comes directly from the bible and the story of Ham gazing upon his father Noah naked. Ham became cursed and thus his descendants cursed. Black was an evil color then and when the Europeans encountered the africans for the first time, they began to rationalize why these people's skin never lightened and they concluded that they must be the children of Ham. So, if we interpret the bible literally and never change our ideas, we should all (by your reasoning) be racists that think one person is superior becuase of their skin color. And I'm not bashing god in this, either. However, I have a feeling that if I were to tell you my religion, you would bash me for it simply because it is the anti-christianity. Even if you didn't do it on the boards, you would do it in your head.

I'm bisexual, and I have no problems with dating a girl or a boy, so long as I love them. I have no problem with straight couples, I think they're cute. I have no problem with gay couples, I think they're cute, too. Anybody that's in love with somebody else and can show that affection to the world is cute and real and should be allowed to marry whomever they wish.

*gets off her 5-gallon pickle drum*

Sparx
09-26-2007, 06:48 AM
She attacked my religion and i think that that is wrong and shes basically calling all christians/catholics/people who belive in the bible that they are crazy people stuck in the past. I took offence to that. She can say what ever she likes but when she attacks my religion im goign to stand up for what i belive

Although some schools in in the US are strickter than others, people cant make out in class with out getting in trouble

You are calling all people who belive in God crazy old people who are stuck in the past. I would also like to know where this "eating shrimp an abomination unto the lord" i would like the chapter, verse, and book. I have feeling that this quote is in the Old testement and in when the new testement came around a lot of the old rules changed.

I think you're taking the word affection to a different meaning than i am. I'm implying something more intimate than what your are thinking.

Yes correct i have no right to flame her beliefs, im guessing she is an athyest(sp) and i respect that. But i have every right to fight back when she flams my religion.

She called people who belive in the bible which technacally(sp) the book of God that we are crazy old people who are stuck in the past

Your right our gay americans should have the right to be allowed into the army as long as they dont show the intimate attraction towards one another.
before I cough up bible verses, you've still not shown me where I called any of you crazy, old, or stuck in the past. i'd like direct quotes please, because I have a feeling that you're not going to find me saying any of that.

DramaQueen
09-26-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm not going to flame you. I accept all opinions and views for what they are. But for me, I didn't wake up one morning and say, "Allright, I like guys!" I've always been confused about my sexuality and have been scarred, since I was 12. But I've been in denial and afraid, and tried to hide and change it, believing it was a choice. But truthfully, it's not, at least for me it isn't. And it's been very recent that I've come to terms with my self. And my parents and siblings accept me for who I am, and truthfully, I only care what the people I love think about me. If a random jerk on the street came up to me and said, "Fly for me fairy boy!", I would ignore it, and go on my merry way. (And no, I'm not a flamer). In fact, I'm very secretive about it, and am scarred and confused, and mostly nerodic about the whole thing. So I have to put my foot down here and say that this was no choice of mine!

thank you so much for sharing that with us, I hope that cleared up some stuff for some people...especially the whole 'gay being a choice' issue.
you are the bestestest Danian "caitlin thinks i'm the coolest " Rafferty. :hippie:

ALSO, thanks to all who shared their views.

SpaceMounatin
09-26-2007, 12:17 PM
thank you so much for sharing that with us, I hope that cleared up some stuff for some people...especially the whole 'gay being a choice' issue.
you are the bestestest Danian "caitlin thinks i'm the coolest " Rafferty. :hippie:

ALSO, thanks to all who shared their views.

Thank you very much, it's not easy posting something like this!

-Danian "Caitlin thinks I'm the coolest " Rafferty

Babyjustrun
09-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Marriage isn't sacred.
If it really were, you'd be shouting:'Don't let athiests get married!'
I plan on getting married, but I do I believe in any form of Christianity? No. I don't.

And it's clearly not lust. There are gay people who are married. They dated for possibly years before getting married, just like any straight couple would. If you, are willing to marry someone, and truly love them forever, then I don't define that as lust. Yes, some people marry sometimes for the wrong reasons, or too quickly or whatever, but I'm not here to judge whether or not their getting married for the right reasons.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Can you imagine, what it's like, to love someone of the other sex? I'm just saying, how would YOU FEEL if someone said 'Nope, you can't marry this person because it's against my beliefs, even though they're not yours.' Would you like to be mocked and ridiculed? Would like to go around, everyday, seeing couples together, married and obviously happy, but you're not allowed to marry your lover, because they just happen to be the same sex as you?
I think, it's a sin (goodness I hate that word) to judge people because of your religion, to judge them because their different. It's a sin to not let these people be happy. It's a sin that right now, they can't legally be married to that person. It's a sin that their parents won't get to see them have a wedding day, possibly before they die.
It makes me want to cry. Even if it doesn't affect me directly.

Sparx
09-26-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm bisexual. It took me a long time to figure that out. If I come off as really heated on this thread, now you all know why. some day, i may be in the position where this law effects me. Anyone who thinks its a choice, i dunno how to say it nicely, but god I wish you were right. I wish i didn't have a crush on the girl who sat next to me in first grade. I wish i didn't have to pick between boys and girls. I wish I didn't have the whole inner struggle going on in my head. i wish I was just following a fad. You have no idea how much I wish that. but I am who I am, and It took me near sixteen years to figure that out. i'm happy with me, and I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you are or not. Call me a sinner. Call me immoral. judge me all you want. If you think you're any better than me, or anyone else, I dare you to take a long hard look at yourself. you've got your flaws. You've got your problems. But I'm not judging you for something so trivial as how your pheromone readers fire.

Thank you for posting this. youre my hero, dude.

Lizbon
09-26-2007, 05:08 PM
I am going to say now, I respect everyones views. This is one subject that I think no matter how much you try you really can not change a persons opinion about. No flames please, some thingjust jumped out at me.

:confused: :confused: Question: if you loved someone, would you really want to go your life without being with them? You do not choose who you love, because if you had to choose, in my opinion, it would not be love.

Is it really love though? Or is it lust. That is a very fine line.

Yes, the bible does talk about love, but it also talks about loving the person, and not the sin. (Which I belive is gay marriage.)

I would support them, because they were my family. Would I agree with their choices. No.

Same way if my brother married a *****. lol

Ok so please do not flame me for this because even taking into consideration that we have different views and that is not going to change, this bugged me. Who are you to say that 2 people are not in love?! People said the same thing on about 50 of the Vanessa Anne Hudgens threads. They said "Zac and Vanessa are just a fling" and "It's not love." Who are you or anybody else to say 2 people are not in love. Just because they do not fit your beliefs do not mean they are not in love. I think most people would agree with me on this. The bible does not say: Love; a man and a woman who feel deeply for eachother, blah blah blah. I am straight so yes for me, love will be a man, but that is for me, for someone else it could be another girl. Please relize I am just trying to show you my side, I am in no way trying to change your mind. I just want you to understand.

Thank you for sharing this with us. You probably don't know me that well, but I'm Liz. :)

AS for the Shelby- bible debate:

1 Vote for Shelby! :hippie:

SpaceMounatin
09-26-2007, 05:13 PM
I guess you can call me the "Gay-Straight Aliance Hero!" lol. Thanks guys for the comment about my post. As I posted before, I don't classify myself as gay or straight. I'm just...me.

-Dainan "I'm happy with me" Rafferty

Babyjustrun
09-26-2007, 05:14 PM

Are you saying, that they're attracted, and are gay/lesbian but don't want to date because they don't want to be mocked and ridiculed?
Heck what you said made no sense. Who wants to go through life without someone to hold them, to tell them how much their loved, to have someone who loves them unconditionally at the end of the day?
It's still not a choice. Yes, I suppose it's a choice whether you act on it, but the choice is usually based on what other people think of you, and that, comes back to homophobics are making this world a worse place to live in.
Love to me, is the most important thing in the world. Without it, society, well couldn't exist. Why should it be such a big deal that two people who love each other want to get married?

tinkerbell12
09-26-2007, 06:08 PM
"What kind of father would take his own daughter's rights away?
And what kind of father might hate his own daughter if she were gay?
I can only imagine what the first lady has to say
You've come a long way from whiskey and cocaine."
-Pink's "Dear Mr. President"

The underlined, bolded is exactly how I feel, even though that song is about the President.

Uhh I gotta start somewhere,
It's love.
How could someone stop other people from loving?
Trying to stop gay marriage is like trying to stop love.
People will always love, love is great. Why try to stop it?
It's not your business, the homosexual people aren't harming you, they're not making your life
miserable, what are they doing to you that's making your life a living nightmare?
Nothing. It's not the homosexual factor in it. If a homosexual person is making your life a living
nightmare, it's not because they're homosexual, it's who they are. Being gay is not the factor.

I highly admire those who are public [holding hands, kissing, etc.] about being gay. I just think it's
brave. Going public about it, knowing some people are going to be totally disgusted, I just think
that's, admirable, I guess would be the right word.
Society truly needs to lighten up.

Gay marriage is totally fine with me.
Gay marriage is supported by me.
Quite a few people in my family are gay and my grandpa is homophobic.
It's sad, seeing how he dislikes [and shows] when they visit. My cousins [and uncles] don't HARM him when they visit, my one uncle doesn't even mention the subject.
It's just sad to see how my grandfather, the father of my uncle, does not support his own son.
[He's also racist but I won't start on that]

Quite a few friends of mine are gay, also.
I am fine with that. I was so happy when my friend Brock told me [I felt like he'd confided in me with a major secret] he just doesn't want too many people to know. Think about it; a sophmore in a town that looks down on gays. [Yup, that's my town].
That's a big secret!
That's a big impact.

I don't get why some people dislike it.
I've read all your posts. I understand.
I just don't get it.

HPGIRL
09-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Um hi?.I guesse I just had a question for anyone but,when is this thred going to turn back to the main subject?advice for this person's paper.(sorry I don't know anyone's name)

Lizbon
09-26-2007, 07:02 PM
HPGirl- this is what the thread is about. She wanted are opinions for her paper...

pigletgirl
09-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Alright, so this thread has gotten me thinking....and I have asked others, because I've really never talked about the subject...its not something that comes up in my daily life, except here. lol

My roommate has a brother who is feminine (hate the word gay) and he said that it wasn't a choice that you are born to like someone of the same sex, but it is the choice to live the lifestyle. He also has a good friend who was also feminine, who tried living the lifestyle (because he thought he had no other option) didn't like it, and actually ended up getting married(to a straight woman). Now he (the friend) thinks it is a choice in whether you listen to that desire.

Different views from different people.

On the subject of marriage.... I really think now to me, that it depends on your world view whether marriage is sacred. Some people take it lightly, while others don't. (like me.)

So now....do I think being homosexual is a choice? No. Is living the lifestyle a choice? Yes.

Hopefully that made clearer sense. And I'm sorry if I sounded way too igorant. I probably was.

BTW, Shelby....I have plenty of faults. Believe me. I'm no where NEAR perfect.

Damhsa04
09-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Alright, so this thread has gotten me thinking....and I have asked others, because I've really never talked about the subject...its not something that comes up in my daily life, except here. lol

My roommate has a brother who is feminine (hate the word gay) and he said that it wasn't a choice that you are born to like someone of the same sex, but it is the choice to live the lifestyle. He also has a good friend who was also feminine, who tried living the lifestyle (because he thought he had no other option) didn't like it, and actually ended up getting married(to a straight woman). Now he (the friend) thinks it is a choice in whether you listen to that desire.

On the subject of marriage.... I really think now to me, that it depends on your world view whether marriage is sacred. Some people take it lightly, while others don't. (like me.)

So now....do I think being homosexual is a choice? No. Is living the lifestyle a choice? Yes.

Hopefully that made clearer sense. And I'm sorry if I sounded way too igorant. I probably was.

Do you mean that he tried acting like a stereotypical gay person? Like with the hand gestures and all that?

He shouldn't have to change his personality like that. He should be who he is and if he is gay then that's just part of him. It shouldn't change who he is.

HPGIRL: I finished my paper but people are still discussing it and it's fine with me. It's a healthy discussion.

SpaceMounatin
09-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Like I said earlier. Coming out, doesn't mean it changes your whole personality. I don't prance around like a fairy, talk with a lysp, or make feminane movements. It's just emotions.

-Dainan "Jesus christ I'm annoyed!" Rafferty

tinkerbell12
09-26-2007, 09:29 PM

Sacred marriage?
Do you mean straight?

Or do you mean as long as one loves another enough for marriage?

Babyjustrun
09-27-2007, 03:00 PM

I'm wondering - what do you mean by the 'gay' lifestyle?
People live many different lifestyles. There aren't just two liftestyles, that are are separated by sexual orientation.
You don't need to change yourself once you find out your gay. The only thing that changes, is you date people of the same sex. That's all. You don't actually change anything.

SpaceMounatin
09-27-2007, 03:24 PM
People live many different lifestyles. There aren't just two liftestyles, that are are separated by sexual orientation.
You don't need to change yourself once you find out your gay. The only thing that changes, is you date people of the same sex. That's all. You don't actually change anything.

MY HERO

Babyjustrun
09-27-2007, 03:44 PM
MY HERO

=)

Addicted.to.Speed
09-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Here. Let me put it simply. So maybe you can understand it, because your vocabulary doesn't seem to be at par with mine. Chastely means quickly, and not 'making out'. A chaste kiss is not an 'OMG! I love you, sooooo much I want to just do naughty things to you' kiss. It's an 'I'm going out to shop, I'll be back in a few hours. Bye.' type of kiss. I'm sure your parents have probably given each other chaste kisses infront of you (unless of course, all they do is make out).

About the Olympics. If they wanted the sue the creators of the "Gay Olympics" for a copyright violation, they should have, to be fair, sued every institution with the word "Olympics" in it. They shouldn't have sued just one organization. And yes, if I were going to do it, I'd do it right. If I wanted to sue the "Gay Olympics", I'd also sue the "Special Olympics" and so on. Nobody should be excluded just because they have a handicap.

As for PDA in schools...I don't reference that anywhere. At all. I think you're putting things out there that I never said. I said that a student was kicked out of Baylor University simply because he was gay, not because he engaged in some sore of illicit public activity with another guy. And the laws in Alabama, Mississippi, Arizona, South Carolina, and Texas have nothing to do with PDA at all. You can't talk about homosexuality in any of those states at school without facing punishment. Some of those states allow the discussion of homosexuality, but limit it to being strictly negative talk like 'OMG! Save us from those horrid gays that want to make us look fashionable!'

A black couple kicked out of Denny's is a left over facet of racism in the US (might I add, that the entire concept of blacks being a lesser race is due to the colonial interpretation of the Bible...). I'm not really that surprised over the kids being kicked out of class for swearing. That's not something that is usually allowed in schools. I've been asked to censor myself several times (and I've had to censor myself thoroughly in this post...). And I don't know that they weren't, but I'm going to consider my source valid and say that when they mean kiss, they mean a chaste one, and when they say sitting too close, I'm going to assume they mean near enough for one to rest her head on the shoulder of the other.

As for the military. I hate to break it to you, but not all gays are horndogs. They're not going to jump the first guy/girl they see. Did you know that a massive percentage of the women dishonorably discharged from the US armed forces under the accusation of being a lesbian, only had those charges brought up against them because they turned down a male servicemember who got his ego bruised (not saying all guys are like that, cause they aren't).

As for the bible, it may be the oldest book in the world, but I'm sure that there's a scroll or two documenting a story somewhere in the thousands of years before the bible came along. The Old Testament was written a long time ago, given. It was also written by the Jews, given. But if you look at it this way, IDEAS CHANGE. No single thought will ever be the same. To bring up an earlier statement, the idea that blacks were a subservient race in colonial america and thus were fit for enslavement comes directly from the bible and the story of Ham gazing upon his father Noah naked. Ham became cursed and thus his descendants cursed. Black was an evil color then and when the Europeans encountered the africans for the first time, they began to rationalize why these people's skin never lightened and they concluded that they must be the children of Ham. So, if we interpret the bible literally and never change our ideas, we should all (by your reasoning) be racists that think one person is superior becuase of their skin color. And I'm not bashing god in this, either. However, I have a feeling that if I were to tell you my religion, you would bash me for it simply because it is the anti-christianity. Even if you didn't do it on the boards, you would do it in your head.

I'm bisexual, and I have no problems with dating a girl or a boy, so long as I love them. I have no problem with straight couples, I think they're cute. I have no problem with gay couples, I think they're cute, too. Anybody that's in love with somebody else and can show that affection to the world is cute and real and should be allowed to marry whomever they wish.

*gets off her 5-gallon pickle drum*

Maybe my initial interpretation of your inteligence level was misleasding, as you did not analyze what the point I was trying to make. what i was trying to say is that what read in the newspaper isnt always the exact truth sometimes blown out of proportion to make a better story, and we wont know the exact truth of hte story unless we were there.

About the olympics my question is why cant "gays" compete in the normal olympics?

My point is that people are kicked out of things all the time it doesnt matter if you black or gay or white. These occurences can happen to anybody

About the bible, yes ideas do change but the interiptaion of changes as well usually to be mroe aplicable to modern times just as the interpretation of art work or music does over time.

As for the military, no not all gays are going to have intimate relations with everyone they meet....However after a while if they are dating, it's gonna happen whether you are gay or strait. That's why guys and girls have different sleeping areas. Why should gay people be in a loophole to get around this?

before I cough up bible verses, you've still not shown me where I called any of you crazy, old, or stuck in the past. i'd like direct quotes please, because I have a feeling that you're not going to find me saying any of that.

Okay on page 2 post #27

You say "Needless to say, the bible is mildly (or majorly depending on your views) outdated. its like that crazy old uncle who tells you that you'll get hemorrhoids from sitting on cold concrete. there are times when you should listen and times when you shouldn't."

You are implying that the followers of the bible are stuck in the past and those that preach it are idiots who are only trying to get a rise out of people. You are generalizing all christians and throwing them into the same group of ignorant bafoons. It'd be like me saying that all homosexuals are guys with high voices flailing there arms around and know more about girl stuff (perfume, clothes, etc.) than most girls.

Sparx
09-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Okay on page 2 post #27

You say "Needless to say, the bible is mildly (or majorly depending on your views) outdated. its like that crazy old uncle who tells you that you'll get hemorrhoids from sitting on cold concrete. there are times when you should listen and times when you shouldn't."

You are implying that the followers of the bible are stuck in the past and those that preach it are idiots who are only trying to get a rise out of people. You are generalizing all christians and throwing them into the same group of ignorant bafoons. It'd be like me saying that all homosexuals are guys with high voices flailing there arms around and know more about girl stuff (perfume, clothes, etc.) than most girls.
if you can't fathom the comparison that I was making, I refuse to argue with you. I refuse to battle wits with someone unarmed.

btw, the anti shrimp quotes are from Leviticus 11:9-12. Which is right after the anti gay passage.

Lizbon
09-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Okay on page 2 post #27

Let me just say she never called you or anyone crazy like you implied. She was saying "crazy old uncle" as an example that in know way had to do with the Bible.

Also, implying isn't really proof, because thats what YOU THINK she is saying. Also when did she say you were trying to get a rise out of people? Not anywhere I saw. JMO.

I accept everyones opinions, what I don't accept is you twisting her words. Again, JMO.

Axel
09-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Maybe my initial interpretation of your inteligence level was misleasding, as you did not analyze what the point I was trying to make. what i was trying to say is that what read in the newspaper isnt always the exact truth sometimes blown out of proportion to make a better story, and we wont know the exact truth of hte story unless we were there.

About the olympics my question is why cant "gays" compete in the normal olympics?

My point is that people are kicked out of things all the time it doesnt matter if you black or gay or white. These occurences can happen to anybody

About the bible, yes ideas do change but the interiptaion of changes as well usually to be mroe aplicable to modern times just as the interpretation of art work or music does over time.

As for the military, no not all gays are going to have intimate relations with everyone they meet....However after a while if they are dating, it's gonna happen whether you are gay or strait. That's why guys and girls have different sleeping areas. Why should gay people be in a loophole to get around this?

Okay on page 2 post #27

I have a disdain for the military in general. Gays should not be exempt, but I don't think that it's against the rules to have a relationship with somebody else in the military if they're in your rank or if they're stationed elsewhere. So why can't gays be allowed the same?

Here's something to ponder (inspired by the TV movie Wedding Wars [starring Sean Maher and John Stamos]): What would you do if every gay in the world went on strike? Could you survive? Would you be surprised at who went on strike?

What if every gay person that lied their way into the military came out? What would happen to our troop numbers in Iraq? Afghanistan?

What if every person in the world that supports equal rights for love just stopped doing everything and sat inside all day? How quiet would it be?

Lizbon
09-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Here's something to ponder (inspired by the TV movie Wedding Wars [starring Sean Maher and John Stamos]): What would you do if every gay in the world went on strike? Could you survive? Would you be surprised at who went on strike?

What if every gay person that lied their way into the military came out? What would happen to our troop numbers in Iraq? Afghanistan?

What if every person in the world that supports equal rights for love just stopped doing everything and sat inside all day? How quiet would it be?

Wow those are some powerful questions. Bravo! :D

SpaceMounatin
09-27-2007, 05:50 PM
MY HERO
=)

You don't understand, how much I try to explain that to people, but sadly, some of my friends don't get it!

-Dainan "My dad as a joke offered my high heels:rotfl: " Rafferty

disney100666
09-27-2007, 05:55 PM
I completly support it, if you have feelings for the same gender, so be it, love is love.

Babyjustrun
09-27-2007, 05:58 PM
You don't understand, how much I try to explain that to people, but sadly, some of my friends don't get it!

-Dainan "My dad as a joke offered my high heels:rotfl: " Rafferty

I wouldn't know first hand what it's like.
And I'm really your friends don't get it, hopefully they come around :hug:

It literally enrages me to see people, who are too narrowminded to accept gay/lesbians/bisexuals. It enrages me when they say it's gross, wrong or a sin.
Since when has love been a sin?

SpaceMounatin
09-27-2007, 06:13 PM
^Well, most of my friends (thankfully) get it. But when other's say, "As long as you don't hit on me, I don't care", I will admit, it gets me angry.

Addicted.to.Speed
09-27-2007, 06:15 PM
if you can't fathom the comparison that I was making, I refuse to argue with you. I refuse to battle wits with someone unarmed.

btw, the anti shrimp quotes are from Leviticus 11:9-12. Which is right after the anti gay passage.

Hey look i took offence to it okay?
and thanks for the verse, book, and chapter...i'll have to look into it
I'm trying to be open minded

Let me just say she never called you or anyone crazy like you implied. She was saying "crazy old uncle" as an example that in know way had to do with the Bible.

Also, implying isn't really proof, because thats what YOU THINK she is saying. Also when did she say you were trying to get a rise out of people? Not anywhere I saw. JMO.

I accept everyones opinions, what I don't accept is you twisting her words. Again, JMO.

She's refering the bible to the crazy old uncle. the word ITS is refering to the bible, it is a pronoun

Yes thats what i was implying and i took it to offence.
Its in the eye of the beholder

I wasnt twisting her words i was saying what i felt. straight up! The internet has a pesky way of not being able not to express tone. Without tone sometimes the true meaning isnt recieved on the other end

SpaceMounatin
09-27-2007, 06:35 PM
And this is why I hate when people push religious belifes that tend to be pulled out! I seriously am pissed off. And it bothers me the most when people hate other people because of there beliefs, and will actually try to stop them from having freedom. Only because they don't feel it's right, when it has nothing to do with them at all!

Seperation of Churh and State my ***!

-Dainan "End tiny rant" Rafferty

Lizbon
09-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey look i took offence to it okay?
and thanks for the verse, book, and chapter...i'll have to look into it
I'm trying to be open minded

She's refering the bible to the crazy old uncle. the word ITS is refering to the bible, it is a pronoun

Yes thats what i was implying and i took it to offence.
Its in the eye of the beholder

I wasnt twisting her words i was saying what i felt. straight up! The internet has a pesky way of not being able not to express tone. Without tone sometimes the true meaning isnt recieved on the other end

I agree with the bolded part 100% that is why I don't think you can really anything because there is no way you can tell how she is saying it and what she really means. You said it yourself, you were imlying something, so how can you be mad at her when what you are implying isn't what she meant?

pigletgirl
09-27-2007, 08:08 PM
The lifestyle meaning that you have your partner and make a life out of homosexuality. Just because you have feminine tendancies or masculine tendancies doesn't mean you are forced to live like that.

Damhsa04
09-29-2007, 06:29 PM
I just found this bulletin on my MySpace and thought I should post it here.

Whether you are homosexual or not, you should repost this in support of your friends and loved ones who are. Love is not defined by color, creed, or gender.

I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.

I am the boy who never finished high school, because I got called a *** everyday

I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.

I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.

I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.

We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.

I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.

I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.

I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.

We are the couple who had the Realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.

I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.

I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.

I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.

I am the woman who died when the EMTs stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.

I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn't have to always deal with society hating me.

I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.

I am a warrior for my country serving proud, but can't be my true self because gays aren't allowed in the military.

I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.

I am the person ashamed to tell my own friends I'm a lesbian, because they constantly make fun of them.

I am the boy tied to a fence, beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men wanted to "teach me a lesson."

This is the boy, Matthew Shepard. On October 7, 1998 Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson lead him to a remote area east of Laramie where they demonstrated unimaginable acts of hate. Matthew was tied to a split-rail fence where he was beaten and left to die in the cold of the night. Almost 18 hours later he was found by a cyclist who initially mistook him for a scarecrow. Matthew died on October 12 at 12:53 am at a hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado. KILLED BECAUSE HE WAS GAY!!!

---IF YOU BELIEVE THAT HOMOPHOBIA IS WRONG... REPOST THIS
AS "HOMOPHOBIA."

---IF YOU ARE IGNORANT... IGNORE

VMK_MagicalLadee
09-29-2007, 06:53 PM
^^^

So sad.

But true.

Its disgusting how ignorant people are. Danian, Shelby and Hil. You guys are MY heroes. ;)

HPGIRL
09-29-2007, 08:22 PM
I just found this bulletin on my MySpace and thought I should post it here.

Whether you are homosexual or not, you should repost this in support of your friends and loved ones who are. Love is not defined by color, creed, or gender.

I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.

I am the boy who never finished high school, because I got called a *** everyday

I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.

I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.

I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.

We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.

I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.

I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.

I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.

We are the couple who had the Realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.

I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.

I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.

I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.

I am the woman who died when the EMTs stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.

I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn't have to always deal with society hating me.

I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.

I am a warrior for my country serving proud, but can't be my true self because gays aren't allowed in the military.

I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.

I am the person ashamed to tell my own friends I'm a lesbian, because they constantly make fun of them.

I am the boy tied to a fence, beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men wanted to "teach me a lesson."

This is the boy, Matthew Shepard. On October 7, 1998 Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson lead him to a remote area east of Laramie where they demonstrated unimaginable acts of hate. Matthew was tied to a split-rail fence where he was beaten and left to die in the cold of the night. Almost 18 hours later he was found by a cyclist who initially mistook him for a scarecrow. Matthew died on October 12 at 12:53 am at a hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado. KILLED BECAUSE HE WAS GAY!!!

---IF YOU BELIEVE THAT HOMOPHOBIA IS WRONG... REPOST THIS
AS "HOMOPHOBIA."

---IF YOU ARE IGNORANT... IGNORE

I've heard of that before,that was so sad and is everytime I read it.I hope one day America will soon learn that we are all one nation and we shan't treat others that way.
:thanks:

Ms.Squeakers
09-29-2007, 10:08 PM
^^^

So sad.

But true.

Its disgusting how ignorant people are. Danian, Shelby and Hil. You guys are MY heroes. ;)

I totally agree with you

Its so sad how close-minded some people are

Saxsoon
09-29-2007, 11:13 PM
It is sad that some people believe that is what Christ would have wanted. The man who ate with tax collectors, hung out with prostitutes and such, and they believe He would tolerate things like that.