PDA

View Full Version : California Grill ADR to see Wishes: keep or cancel?

MedCruise07
09-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I have read conflicting opinions about viewing Wishes from California Grill. I realize that the best view is in the Magic Kingdom but we have never been to CG and are trying to do a few different things this trip. So those of you who have seen Wishes from CG, how less-than-perfect is the view?

Thanks!

Nancyg56
09-21-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't think the view is the same as it is from the MK, the angle is different and you are watching them from a higher vantage point. My family loves dinner overlooking the spectacular view of the MK, and then enjoying Wishes after dinner. I cannot say that I think that the view is less than perfect, just different. If you have seen Wishes from Main Street than why not try it.

septbaby
09-21-2007, 06:18 PM
You could also try Narcoossee's. You could get both Wishes and the Electric Water parade view from there. We did this at the end of August and really enjoyed both spectacles as well as the piped in sound track for Wishes. That was all in addition to the best meal we had all week and we had some good ones!

LMO429
09-21-2007, 07:43 PM
It is def something different and enjoyable! but you said it yourself there is no comparison to seeing it in the park!

last time we ate at california grill i was bummed i wasnt in the MK watching them!

DeterminedOne
09-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Wishes from CG is amazing! Keep it!!!!

pumpkinfish
09-21-2007, 09:24 PM
I am another person that says keep it! We celebrated DH's b-day this way one year and it was amazing! Everyone went outside on the viewing "balcony" and watched and took pictures. I will always have that memory of DH with his arms around me looking dead-on at the fireworks! We have only done this once, but it was different and we always talk about how awesome it was!
We are heading back to CG this trip, but for an earlier dinner. We will always have those memories though :)

Uncleromulus
09-22-2007, 06:13 AM
If a part of the evening's experience is ALSO to have a nice dinner, than by all means keep CG. The view from the observation deck is just fine.
However--if all you want to do is see the fireworks, then you're better off just going to the MK.