PDA

View Full Version : Is the Playhouse Disney breakfast really worth $22.99 pp?

Fintastic
09-21-2007, 03:40 PM
I booked this before I checked on prices, assuming it would be the same as the other buffets. What's so special about this one that they're charging almost double for it?? Somebody better convince me that it's fabulous because it's on the chopping block!

honeyb4
09-21-2007, 04:50 PM
we enjoyed it- but mostly for the interaction with june and leo from little einsteins. the food was decent- but the buffet wasnt as big as cp or chef mickey. waitstaff was also very good.

do you have specific questions?

atisikitabasket
09-21-2007, 05:37 PM
You could always get the last breakfast setting and towards the end they will be changing over to the lunch and you will get to eat off that buffet too but still just pay the breakfast price. That is what we did once and it was nice. Our sone loved the characters and the dancing.

java
09-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Food - you're not paying for food it isn't great and not much of a choice- the basics.
The entertainment is what you are paying for. Seeing Jojo and Goliath was it for my youngest. He LOVED it. The pictures of him hugging Goliath are great. And the Einsteins were great too- we had Leo and June when we went. I think those vary. But all in all we liked it and did it again this past trip.

shellybaxter
09-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I booked this before I checked on prices, assuming it would be the same as the other buffets. What's so special about this one that they're charging almost double for it?? Somebody better convince me that it's fabulous because it's on the chopping block!

Its not that different than the other buffets

Princess Storybook Breakfast = $22.99
Cinderella's Royal Table = $32.99
Crystal Palace = $18.99
Boma (without characters) = $16.99
Cape May = $18.99
Chef Mickeys = $18.99
Fresh (without characters) = Fresh
1900 Park Faire = $18.99
Ohana's Character Breakie = $18.99

So its the same as Princess Storybook Breakfast, way less then CRT and just $4.00 more than most of the rest of the character meals

Maggi May
09-21-2007, 11:11 PM
The food's not fabulous but it is good basic breakfast fare. What you are paying for is the character interaction, and as PPs have said, that is wonderful.

If your child loves JoJo and Goliath or Little Einsteins it's a must-do.

dwaddict
09-22-2007, 06:59 AM
If you have preschoolers that watch Little Einsteins or JoJo it is well worth it. My 2yrold had so much fun dancing with the characters. She has a picture that we took of her with Goliath that is right by her bed in her room. It was so cute to see her face when they came out. My older child who is 9 tolerated it well. He even laughed at them a couple of times! ;) The food was ok, you could always find better, but not with these characters!! Good luck and have a wonderful trip!!

DisneyLover75
09-22-2007, 09:35 AM
My DD loved it! They really showed her a good time. She loved June, Leo, Jojo and Goliath. She loved the birthday procession, and was thrilled to march with the other birthday kids, through the restaurant, led by the characters.
She was thrilled to dance all the playhouse disney songs WITH THE CHARACTERS! I have a great pic of her dancing with June.
Yes, the food was just ordinary breakfast/lunch fare, but we were fine with it. I went there for the fun and interaction more than the food.
http://http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d934b3127cce8736420a582800000035130Aat2bVq2ctm Lg

Flamingomo
09-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Is there anywhere else to find these characters or are they just in the restaurant for breakfast? We are already doing two character meals and can't afford to do another on, but my kids would love to see these guys! Also, does anyone know if there are any photo opps with any of the other Playhouse Disney characters like Bear especially? Thanks!

bigbabyblues
09-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Is there anywhere else to find these characters or are they just in the restaurant for breakfast? We are already doing two character meals and can't afford to do another on, but my kids would love to see these guys! Also, does anyone know if there are any photo opps with any of the other Playhouse Disney characters like Bear especially? Thanks!

You can find Jojo and Goliath in their trailer on Mickey Ave, also the Little Einsteins. Just be aware, they aren't all there at the same time. When we were there, only one L.E. was out at a time. We had to make 3 visits to the trailer to find Annie and Quincy.

meeska
09-22-2007, 01:28 PM
My 4 yo twin boys loved it this past July. They gave us a playhouse disney growth chart and sets of playhouse disney stickers. Lots of fun!!

workervr
09-22-2007, 05:51 PM
WE just returned yesterday from a week. My kids had a blast at this event. They have interactive handlers that sing and lead dancing. Wouldnt have missed it for the world. Of note on extra magic hours at MGM they have the playhouse disney dance party.. huge numbers of characters show up and dance with the kids.. blow bubbles.. it was amazing. including mickey and minnie, goofy.. well worth the late night... all the LE...I didnt see BEAR the entire time we were there...The opportunity to see your children dance with Micky Mouse is an exceptional thing

DisneyLady56
09-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Where is the playhouse disney breakfast? I can't seem to find any info about it. Thanks

workervr
09-22-2007, 06:48 PM
hollywood and vine we had them for lunch ..was awsome

mla2177
09-22-2007, 06:51 PM
We just did this character breakfast from our trip in early Sept. The food was ok, not great, but the interaction with the characters was the best. My son is a big fan of JoJo's Circus and the Little Einsteins and he just loved to see them, so it was worth it just to see his face.

Fintastic
09-24-2007, 11:28 AM
DD doesn't watch JoJo much but she does like the Little Einsteins. (Ugh.) I'm still undecided.

auntsue
09-24-2007, 12:42 PM
We are not crazy about the ABC Commissary and we don't feel that there are any other good breakfast places in MGM, so does it make any sense to go here with seven adults (19+)? We would have no interest in the characters (since we don't even know who they are), we just want a decent breakfast in MGM and we like breakfast buffets so we can skip lunch. Would it be a good idea or would we really be out of place?