PDA

View Full Version : chef mickey's or coral reef???

planplan
09-21-2007, 03:21 PM
i got a cape may breakfest with mickey in already during my trip. looking the entertain the kids at dinner a different night. What do you think?? watch fish or talk to mickey again. what to you thinks about the food at each... thanks much

septbaby
09-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Hard to say, ages of kids? Do you want a buffet or full sit down meal? Are you on your trip and say that you've already been to Cape May or is it just a plan?

If its just a plan, then I say go with both of the others as Chef Mickey's is just so classic Disney. We will be back there on our next trip. It was my nephew's #2 most favorite thing at Disney. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald were there. The monorail overhead and the napkin waving, a lot of "entertainment" was had by all! I would say we made the best family memories here.

He also loved the tanks at Coral Reef and he ate very well there (bread, apples and pizza). We were all starved when we arrived for lunch and joined the clean plate club there!

Bottom line, both are good and will likely entertain your kids. I will strongly suggest that if you are not seated next to the tanks, don't allow your kids to squeezed between tables of diners to get a closer look. That seems to the biggest pet peeve of Dissers dining at Coral Reef. We sat up in the middle section and had a great view of the tanks. My mom and nephew did walk down to the lower level, but nephew did not go between tables of diners to get up to the glass. One thing for sure you will be able to relax more at Coral Reef, its a more serene atmosphere and someone is waiting on you. No taking the kids up to the buffet, managing portions for them etc. I think its alright to treat yourself to a bit of a timeout too!

SmallWorld71
09-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi,
I haven't been to either of those, but just wanted to point out that Mickey is not at Cape May. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

Mom2JoeyandBen
09-21-2007, 08:23 PM
My vote is for Cef Mickey's, but I don't think you could go wrond either way.

jennifer293
09-21-2007, 08:44 PM
hahaha I cancelled an ADR for LeCellier to go to Chef Mickey's this morning..:rotfl: The CM began laughing hysterically and asked me if I was crazy?? She said, "People line up for LeCellier and it stays booked months in advance and you are cancelling?" I said,"Yes, we have never been to Chef Mickey's and I was not all that impressed with LeCellier the last time I was there..the food is very good, but I felt like I was sitting in a cold dungeon...LOL". So this makes me feel good that people actually somewhat like Chef Mickey's..:cool1:

Baltosam
09-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I like both places. Kids will enjoy seeing the fish at Coral Reef, however I would bet that 9 out of 10 kids surveyed woud say that a buffet meal with characters would be thier first choice. My kids love the characters and there is no pressure on them to eat what they ordered (there is always something they like on a buffet). I would bet that is why most of Disney's character meals are buffets.

MickeyNicki
09-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Mickey is not at Cape May

planplan
09-21-2007, 10:00 PM
thanks for all the help.... i think i'm canceling spoodles and keeping both coral and chef mickey's!!!!!! hate to give up spoodles!!!!! that will be my next thread.

ndgqccmiller
09-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Love Chef Mickey's we have decided to make it a tradition. Eat there the first morning before we head off to MK. The kids love it.
Coral Reef is excellent, best cooked steak I had at a resturant in a while. We liked the atmosphere, the kids liked the tank.
Hard to choose bc they are so different so I would def do both!!!!!
I'm jealous not going until 2008. Husband says every other year. But I am already thinking about adr.

byoung
09-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Coral reef for us.

ThreeAngels
09-22-2007, 09:12 AM
They're both WONDERFUL, but I'd vote for Coral Reef!

MeLaNie9
09-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Coral reef for us.

I second that. We have done both dinner and breakfast at CM's. Breakfast was awful for many reasons and dinner was only somewhat better. We absolutely loved CR, the food was delicious.

mla2177
09-22-2007, 06:58 PM
I have to say Chef Mickey's was my worst meal from my whole trip, and I am not a picky eater!!!!! Out of four adults, not one liked anything on their plate! If you didn't like LeCellier, you are going to hate Chef Mickey's IMHO. We also ate at Coral Reef and thought it was wonderful. My Ds 3 enjoyed watching the fish more than seeing Mickey at CM's!!!!!

easytoremember
09-22-2007, 07:19 PM
coral reef, chef mickeys food is sub disney standard

Micca
09-22-2007, 07:26 PM
This is a helpful thread:thumbsup2 Not too long ago, Coral Reef had a terrible reputation here. Sounds like it may have turned around. Having experienced both, I think it's apples and oranges. The quality of food will vary, but so will the total experience.:earsboy:

GiGi30
09-22-2007, 11:42 PM
We ate at both this past week and personally, I say Coral Reef. The steak I ordered was really good. I was not impressed with the food at Chef Mickey's at all, but the characters were wonderful there. I guess for me it would come down to how important it is to have the characters at your meal.