PDA

View Full Version : Citricos or Narcoosees?

WoodysRoundup
09-21-2007, 01:16 PM
......For a nice QUIET dinner, DH and me? Any thoughts would be very much appreciated! :)

NEVERENOUGHWDW
09-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Citrico's is much more intimate & "adult". That would be my pick.

We like Narcossee's but it is always VERY noisy especially around the time of Wishes, people come from all over to watch the fireworks from the balcony around the restaurant.

Nanabug02
09-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Another vote for Citricos. It is probably one of the most quiet and romantic restaurants at Disney. DH and I are having our Anniversary dinner there again this year.

WoodysRoundup
09-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks very much! Sounds like Citricos it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Paul in CT
09-21-2007, 07:34 PM
If "quiet" is most important to you, then Citrico's is certainly the one to pick, but IMHO, it is too brightly lit and not nearly as romantic as Narcoossees where the food and service are also better based on our experience. What could be more romantic than watching Wishes from the deck or while having dinner?

The observation that Citrico's is quiet may be because it's not that busy. ;)

WoodysRoundup
09-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Hmmmmm.....back to square 1 then........................:confused:

Paul in CT
09-21-2007, 07:50 PM
My DW and also think that Artist Point at WL is romantic. We have celebrated two major anniversaries there (#25 and #30). It, too, is quiet, especially compared to places like CG and we like the food. :thumbsup2

NEVERENOUGHWDW
09-21-2007, 07:55 PM
If "quiet" is most important to you, then Citrico's is certainly the one to pick, but IMHO, it is too brightly lit and not nearly as romantic as Narcoossees where the food and service are also better based on our experience. What could be more romantic than watching Wishes from the deck or while having dinner?

The observation that Citrico's is quiet may be because it's not that busy. ;)

If you think being packed on the Narcossee's balcony with overtired crying children is romantic than that is the place to be. Service is fair at best the last 3 times we have been there (that has been over the last 10 months).

Citrico's is a hidden gem....adults, wonderful service no rushing you can actually have a dining experience.

Paul in CT
09-21-2007, 08:06 PM
If you think being packed on the Narcossee's balcony with overtired crying children is romantic than that is the place to be. Service is fair at best the last 3 times we have been there (that has been over the last 10 months).

Citrico's is a hidden gem....adults, wonderful service no rushing you can actually have a dining experience.

That was your experience, not ours. We have dined at Narcoossees three times in the last 18 months and experienced no crying children and excellent service. You can get bad service at any restauarant on a given night. We did on our visit to Citricos. I am glad that your experience there has been better. :)

jess20k
09-22-2007, 05:30 PM
We love Narcoossee's. The food and service is excellent. It can get loud inside though, it is a smaller restaurant, but the atmosphere is very nice, and there are wonderful views!

BCV23
09-22-2007, 06:03 PM
We've dined at both many times. Citricos is usually much more quiet but to me Narcoossee's is more romantic because of the view and even the decor. It's whites, blues and exposed wood. I don't know why that is more romantic than the decor of Citricos for me but it just is!

The menus are quite different and that would probably be the deciding factor for me if only trying one of them.

If you do decide on Narcoossee's, the earlier in the evening, the quieter it will be in our experience.