PDA

View Full Version : Dinner in Morocco/Marrakesh

jessirae
09-21-2007, 10:49 AM
My DD (21) suprised my DH and I with a ADR at Restaurant Marrakesh for our 10 year anniversary on Oct 5th (our anniversary was in August, but we could not get to WDW until Oct):goodvibes . I have never eaten there, but have always wanted to try it. Has anyone had dinner there? If so, what would you suggest? We are open to try something new...

Thanks

helenabear
09-21-2007, 11:01 AM
What kinds of food do you usually like? I'm a chicken person and I like the chicken kebabs the best out of all I've had. I don't usually get an appetizer since I can't eat that much food, so I don't know what is good off of that. My DH usually likes the meals like "Night in Casablanca" or the lunch "Sultan Sampler"

For dessert I personally love bastilla. The crepes atlas is one of my DH's favorites. The mint tea is very good and my dad really likes a beer they serve (and sadly I cannot recall the name of it).

It's truly one of my favorites and we go often (usually for lunch now though)

marsh0013
09-21-2007, 11:07 AM
i loved the food there! we started with the salad to split, then i got the chicken couscous and my mom got the kebabs. i liked the kebabs better, but only because they were all white meat and teh couscous chicken had dark meat as well. if you're picky about chicken, that's something to consider. but the chicken couscous was huge, so much couscous and great veggies. so i really did like it. we weren't too adventurous, but we loved what we got.

mom2fivecs
09-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Dh and I ate there for our adults only vacation last November and we really enjoyed it. We both had the Marrakesh Royal Feast, which had a little bit of everything and boy was it yummy. We still say this is one of our favorite restaurants. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. :yay:

I loveStitchnippyjon
09-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Ordinarily, Marrakesh has been one of my family's all-time favorites.However, we ate there three days ago and were extremely dissappointed. The lamb was fatty, the kebobs were dry, and the rice was blah. It definitely dropped down several spots on the favorites list....:headache:

lorik
09-22-2007, 07:13 AM
I went there for lunch with my kids a few weeks ago. My DS is a very picky eater but he agreed to try the chicken kebabs with couscous. He loved it so much that I have made it twice since we got home and it will become a staple for our dinners.

Hopefully
09-22-2007, 12:46 PM
It is also one of our favorites and a must do each trip, I like either the Lamb or the Beef Kebobs. The Bastilla for dessert is to die for!!
DH and DS usually get the "feast" which is a bit of everything and they like that very much.
It is a very pretty restaurant. I have found the servers to be warm and friendly. and the Entertainment is nice.
Enjoy and Congratulations!

jessirae
09-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Thank you. The kabobs sound soooooo good. I can't wait! :yay: I was so suprised when DD gave us the ADR info. We spent our honeymoon in WDW, so this trip will be so special.

Thanks for the input!:thumbsup2

MinnieGi
09-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Glad to read all these good reviews. We are trying Marakesh for the first time in Nov!

jessierea- have a great anniversary meal there! :)

Cool-Beans
09-22-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm not too adventurous, so I usually get the Lemon Chicken. :) But I've tried other things and liked bits and pieces of them.

I really like the Beef Brewat Rolls, which are just appetizers now. I think you used to be able to order them as a meal. Anyway, I really like them. :)

Restaurant Marrakesh is probably my favorite restaurant in all of WDW. Morocco is a lovely pavillion and well worth a few minutes to explore - especially during daylight hours. :)

mustangp51
09-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Great place to eat. Food is very authentic and very flavorful. The food is not the best in WDW, but certainly worth the trip. Belly dancing and entertainment provided.

Disneymoon
09-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Unfortunately we did not have a great experience at Marrakesh. We found the food to be dry and overspiced. Our service was also terrible. You can read the full review in my dining review (see siggy).

I hope your experience is better :)