PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever gotten a table at Kona?

Cinderella Fan
09-21-2007, 09:09 AM
DH and I are arriving next Thursday at the WL and we would like to have dinner at Kona. However, when I called to make an ADR, the only time they had was 9:15 for a table of 2. That is way too late for us to eat.

Has anyone ever "shown up" at Kona and been able to get a table? What do you think the chances are that we will be able to get a table?

Thanks!!

GinnyFavers
09-21-2007, 10:16 AM
We showed up and got seated for lunch around 1:30 p.m. on a Saturday in late August, with a minimal wait. Many tables were empty.

I would suggest going to the Polynesian about an hour before you will be what I call "scary hungry" and give it a shot. If you have to wait an hour, there's plenty of great shopping in the resort, or get some drinks from the bar at Ohana and go sit in the lobby for a while with them.

Cheshire Figment
09-21-2007, 10:21 AM
I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes at Kona as a walk-up. One problem is they do not have many tables that are two-tops. If you had asked for a reservation for three or more you probably would have had a wide choice of times.

marsh0013
09-21-2007, 11:17 AM
me and my mom did this. we wanted to eat at kona, so they greeter told us to come 10 minutes to 5, and put our name in. we were seated shortly after they opened at 5. now, we were looking for an early dinner so we could then head to the parks, so that may have helped. good luck!

sixcats
09-21-2007, 12:13 PM
We're done it many times with a table for five. Show up a bit before they open if you can.

Cinderella Fan
09-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks everyone! We have a friend that will be there at the same time - I am going to try to call and get a table for 3, see if something will open up... :thumbsup2

helenabear
09-21-2007, 01:18 PM
We did... table for two on probably a week day at about 7:30ish. We just walked up and got a table. I believe it was in May when we did that.

Malibelle
09-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Angela, I don't know about Kona but I have found on several occasions when we did not have ADR's, we called the day of and they had opening. Not sure why.

ZoZo
09-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Keep trying! I called about two weeks ago to make a dinner ADR for September 29th (the night of our arrival). I was looking for something around 7:30 or 8:00, and all they had was 8:55. I wasn't thrilled with the later time, but I took it. Then I tried back about a week ago and was able to change it to 8:15 instead! Perfect.

So it's worth it to keep trying - people's plans change all the time, and someone may call with a cancellation just before you call!