PDA

View Full Version : Best salads at WDW

tjcj
09-21-2007, 07:56 AM
So the DW and I were just talking about how to eat better while at WDW. Does anyone have ideas on the best places to get some nice salads and other healthy meals for lunch and dinner??:confused3

Pixiedust34
09-21-2007, 08:42 AM
For a fast food salad, I like both the BTL and the Garden Galley salads at Columbia Harbour House. Here's the BLT salad. I don't have a picture of the Garden Galley Salad.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/pixiedust34/WDW07096.jpg

Raglan Road has a fantastic salad for a lunch entree:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/pixiedust34/WDW073835.jpg

Also POR has a "create your own salad" station. I ordered 2 salads from that station during our trip. It works like a salad bar, only the cm makes the salad for you. The ingredients were good and fresh.

All in all, I've enjoyed every salad (LTT, Hoop Dee Do, Mama Melrose's, Tony's, salads from buffets, etc.--I almost always get a salad for or with a meal) I've had at WDW, with the exception being the appetizer salad at Sci-Fi. I don't have a picture of it, but it was mostly iceburg and the dressing was bland.

If you're looking to eat healthier, keep in mind that many salad dressings are high in fat. You can ask if there is a low or no fat dressing available.

ETA: The chicken ceasar salad at Sunshine Seasons is also a good salad if you're looking for a quick meal in Epcot.

BankBunny
09-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Columbia Harbor House had a decent salad, but it did come with fried chicken and bacon. So, I guess it's not all that much healthier---at least your eating vegtables.

momomonster
09-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Great question, tjcj!

I've seen one with strawberries (YUM!) and cannot remember where it's sold. Anyone know?

Pixiedust34
09-21-2007, 09:12 AM
The salad with the strawberries is at the Plaza. LTT has a salad with a strawberry dressing.

You can request that salads come w/o bacon or meats. I usually like a little bit of the bacon to add flavor, so I'll order the salad "as is," but I usually don't eat all of the bacon that's in a salad. They are generous with the bacon at CHH!

CamColt
09-21-2007, 09:42 AM
I know this probably sounds silly, but I had the best Caesar Salad at the pool bar at the Dolphin. :thumbsup2

chrome64
09-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Le Celliar has the best salad ever! Well, I should say that it has changed over the years but it is always good.

They use to have one that had steak on it and it was just fabulous!

Pixiedust34
09-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Another thing I forgot to mention--If you eat at Rainforest Cafe, their entree salads are HUGE! You could easily split a salad there.

swandiverpatt
09-21-2007, 09:53 AM
They have a great salad with cooked-to-order steak on it at Yacht Club Galley.

Nicsmom
09-21-2007, 09:59 AM
The Beach Club market has a great salad. The CM makes it for you. It's huge and fresh. Lots of healthy choices: greens, carrots, cukes, mushrooms, peppers, grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs and also not as healthy bacon, croutons. They have light dressing as well.

Stinky_Pete
09-21-2007, 10:02 AM
I love the cobb salad at the Brown Derby. Some people are put off by the texture of the lettuce, but I enjoy it. Looking forward to having it as a lunch entree next trip.

Mommymcgee
09-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Sunshine seasons food court in The Land at Epcot has a good goat cheese and beet salad. It is a good choice if you are looking for a quick and easy CS at Epcot.

MickeyNicki
09-21-2007, 10:19 AM
We like caesar salads, they are very good no matter where we eat them CS or TS. I LOVE the salads from WPE in DTD...they are to die for.

tjcj
09-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Wow, thanks for all the posts so far, some with picts no less!!!:thumbsup2
Keep em coming, our two week countdown has started and I love thinking about all this:woohoo:

Mickeyluver37
09-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Taste wise, the best salad I've had in the World was actually a Chicken Caesar at Beaches and Cream. Now, it was SATURATED in dressing, which I'm sure wasn't low fat, but if you like a lot of dressing, it is Sooooo good. I also really like the appetizer salads at WCC with the skillet, and at Ohana. :) I think they both use the same Apple Vinagrette. YUM!!!

marsh0013
09-21-2007, 11:15 AM
they also have lots of great salads at earl of sandwich in DTD. they make them fresh for you, with pre-selected ingredients, but you can leave stuff off if you want. i forget which one we had, but it was really good!

ADP
09-21-2007, 11:24 AM
The Cobb Salad at the Hollywood Brown Derby at the Studios is world famous!

Simba's Mom
09-21-2007, 12:22 PM
I loved the shrimp caesar salad at GFC. For CS, I enjoyed the salad at Pecos Bill's-that one comes either with or without chicken.

WoodysRoundup
09-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Love love love the Cobb at Brown Derby for a table svc. restaurant. I also really love the salad at Flame Tree BBQ at AK. I get it everytime!!!!! I even crave it while I'm at WDW!:)

mrsltg
09-21-2007, 12:41 PM
I really enjoyed the salad offered at Roaring Forks at WL. It's a counter service place and you could pick and choose from their ingredient list - it was soooo good!

Tonya2426
09-21-2007, 04:13 PM
they also have lots of great salads at earl of sandwich in DTD. they make them fresh for you, with pre-selected ingredients, but you can leave stuff off if you want. i forget which one we had, but it was really good!

I second the Earl of Sandwich - we had the Chinese Chicken Salad and it was wonderful. It had tons of chicken in it and call me silly but it was fun to eat it out of the chinese take out box it comes in. :woohoo:

tete01830
09-21-2007, 05:02 PM
We always eat at Pinnochio's in MK because my kids like to look down at "its a small world" ride. They had a GREAT Antipasto Salad with or without meat and I am telling you it is really good. It is a staple of our trip!:thumbsup2

WindyCityDisney
09-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Also POR has a "create your own salad" station. I ordered 2 salads from that station during our trip. It works like a salad bar, only the cm makes the salad for you. The ingredients were good and fresh.

The ASMo food court has this too! It is wonderful and I so so so missed it after we left. They'll put meat in it, I think including chicken, salmon or flank steak.

Now that's a reason to pick ASMo for next year!!

marsh0013
09-21-2007, 05:34 PM
The ASMo food court has this too! It is wonderful and I so so so missed it after we left. They'll put meat in it, I think including chicken, salmon or flank steak.

Now that's a reason to pick ASMo for next year!!

anybody know if there's a similar salad type bar at POP? i love me some salads! thanks!

LarryJ
09-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Maybe not the most healthy but I love the Seafood Salad at Fulton's and the Cobb Salad at Brown Derby. While I've never had it or if I did remember the Seafood Salad at Narcoossee's also looks and sounds good IIRC.

Larry

lwilliam
09-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Earl of Sandwich - Chicken Oriental Salad - AWESOME:woohoo: :woohoo:

jmkrat
09-21-2007, 06:30 PM
It has already been mentioned, but worth repeating:The Cobb Salad at the Hollywood Brown Derby. It is wonderful!

Kae
09-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Another vote for the Cobb Salad at HBD, yummy. And I had some new ones(for me) last trip that were sooo good. so my next choice is Thai Noodle Salad with Chicken at Wolfgang Pucks Express 3rd choice is from Pop Food Court Asian Chicken Salad.

Kae

tluvstink
09-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Pecos Bill's has a really good one too!

maconMouse
09-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Here's another vote for the chilled strawberry & grilled chicken salad at the Plaza Inn. Wonderful salad available for lunch or dinner!

I also absolutely love the Colony grilled chicken salad served at lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Comes with apples & pecans in honey shallot vinaigrette. I blew the healthy part though by going overboard with the great bread & honey butter that go along with it.

My favorite dinner salads are at Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge and at Hoop-de-Doo Revue.

Uncleromulus
09-22-2007, 06:15 AM
The Cobb salad at Brown derby--and the Cobb salad at the Sand Trap.

grannyminnie
09-22-2007, 06:38 AM
I've never had the "world-famous" Brown Derby Cobb salad, but the one at the GF Cafe has got to be a very close second!!! I love it!

BCV23
09-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Love HBD's Cobb salad as well as those at the Sand Trap and GFC. Don't care for WPC's version.

That salad at the Plaza is good but sometimes it is with pears which I like but quite as much. I think it is the same dressing as LTT and I like that salad as well. But both are still rather usual. I also really like the garden salad at Mama Melrose. Nice light dressing and there is blue cheese in the salad. Still in the regular salad category though.

Kona has a great beef teriyaki salad at lunch.

But my very favorite is the beet salad at California Grill. It is only served in season though but the season seems fairly long....thank goodness.

SwhJess
09-22-2007, 08:15 AM
As "non-traditional" salads go...the tomato and mozzarella salad at Le Cellier....mmmm...very good!

4theloveofdisney
09-22-2007, 09:16 AM
The best salad I've had was at Fulton's in DD. It's just called the grilled chicken salad and the ingredients might sound strange but it's delicious!!! It has apples (thinly sliced), pecans, potatoes (thinly sliced) and crumbled Bleu Cheese tossed in vinaigrette.

BeckWhy
09-22-2007, 09:39 AM
I really liked the salad they had at Tusker House... but I don't think they will have it anymore!:sad2:

suzimar57
09-22-2007, 10:48 AM
cobb salad at both brown derby and grand floridian cafe!!

amyy
09-22-2007, 04:22 PM
In August we went to Roaring Forks for lunch. I had a salad with chicken (I think it was the only one with chicken the offered) and it was yummy. I thought the choices were very few at RF but was pleased with my salad.

For dinner there is one at Ohana's I love but I can't tell you the name of it so that helps a lot :) I don't think there are too many salads to choose from at Ohana anyway.

Sorry I amnot more helpful but I it has been interesting to read others thoughts. Usually on vacation I don't do salads as I want to "pig out". In August it was so hot that salads were a nice choice.

MickeyMacks
09-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Love the Garden Galley salad at CHH (but when I went in Dec. 2005 the chicken was grilled, not fried).

I was pleasantly surprised by how good the pizza and salad was at Toy Story Pizza at the Disney-MGM Studios, too.

tjcj
09-23-2007, 05:16 AM
Well it looks like we are going to eat dinner at fultons our 1st night in, then maybe go and do the PI stuff. Anyone had the Cobb there??

4theloveofdisney
09-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Well it looks like we are going to eat dinner at fultons our 1st night in, then maybe go and do the PI stuff. Anyone had the Cobb there??

No but try the Chicken SaLAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!+

Ron from Michigan
09-27-2007, 02:18 AM
I love the salad at Columbia Harbour House in the MK. I get it on every trip.