PDA

View Full Version : Yachtsman or flying fish? Please vote.

mickeysgirl17
09-20-2007, 02:22 PM
If you could only pick one, would you pick the yachtsman steakhouse or the flying fish cafe?

oybolshoi
09-20-2007, 02:29 PM
My response is somewhat skewed because I've never eaten at Yachtsman, but I can tell you that Flying Fish was wonderful!

For what it's worth I have a hard time going to a steakhouse on vacation because we have so many of them in the area that I live in. Midwest = meat! :lmao:

Fresh seafood on the other hand is a real treat, so we always end up at places that serve or specialize in it whenever we are on vacation.

Melynny
09-20-2007, 04:17 PM
I have eaten at both, These are definately very different restaruants. The Yahtsman is very upscale.. almost to a "stuffy" atmosphere. The food there is delicious and the menu is mostly beef, with some pork and maybe a seafood appetizer thown in. The Flying fish ( my choice) is upscale but more trendy and relaxed. The steak here is very good but the seafood is what they excell in. I love the food -atmoshpere at the Flying Fish.

kapoof
09-20-2007, 04:48 PM
ff is better but ysh was good, but very very heavy food. i would go for ff.

gatour
09-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Flying Fish, one of my favorite restaurants on property. Yachtsman is good, but I can do steak at home. For FF get interesting dishes that I don't usually fix at home.

LarryJ
09-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Flying Fish, one of my favorite restaurants on property. Yachtsman is good, but I can do steak at home. For FF get interesting dishes that I don't usually fix at home.

That philosophy is right in line with mine so Yachtsman along with places like Schula's and Concourse Steakhouse are probably three restaurants that really don't interest me when planning WDW meals and I've managed to miss them in the last 22+ years of dining at WDW. In fact until this upcoming visit I put LeCellar in the same category, but we're going there this year, it's the one in all of WS that we haven't eaten at at least once and a lot two and some a couple three times.

Larry

Uncleromulus
09-21-2007, 05:04 AM
FF is a better restaurant--and tho I"ve never had it, word is that their steak is quite good!

Dana49
09-21-2007, 05:33 AM
I would go to Flying Fish if I wanted seafood, and Yachtsman Steakhouse if I wanted a steak. Both are signature restaurants and very good.

Mackey Mouse
09-21-2007, 06:15 AM
I am only posting because I thought she picked two restaurants that neither my husband or I like as we had bad experiences at both. I would go with the majority here as they have had better experiences at these restaurants..

Peter Pirate 2
09-21-2007, 10:29 AM
I would go to FF if I wanted seafood and FF if I wanted steak (their Charred NY Strip is the BEST single steak on property, IMO). If I wanted a salad with bugs I'd go to Yachtsmans.:thumbsup2
pirate:

madalex
09-21-2007, 12:08 PM
I went with YS in the poll, but they are both great restaurants. YS has great steaks, a super wine list, a quieter atmosphere and great service. FF has wonderful fish (and one great steak on the menu), with a livelier atmosphere and good service. It just depends upon what you are looking for in a meal.

mickeysgirl17
09-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, if this helps at all, DH and I both like fish, but we're not big fish eaters. We both really enjoy a good steak every so often and that's why I'm leaning towards the yachtsman, but it is hard to choose.
I would really love a night out on the boardwalk too and I don't think I'll have any time to see it since we have a busy schedule if I end up with the yachtsman.

madalex
09-21-2007, 02:47 PM
I would really love a night out on the boardwalk too and I don't think I'll have any time to see it since we have a busy schedule if I end up with the yachtsman.

It is less than a 5 minute walk from the Yachtsman Steakhouse to the Boardwalk (the YC is on the other side of the lagoon from the Boardwalk). Thus, "a night out on the Boardwalk" (assuming that means you want to walk around and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Boardwalk after dinner) can just as easily be done from YS as from FF.

tarheelmjfan
09-21-2007, 03:24 PM
We think the food is better at FF & the atmosphere is better at YSH. FF can get really loud. In this case, we'd go for the better food & deal with the noise. In our opinion, YSH just isn't on the same level as the other Signature Restaurants. Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of steak, but my DH & DS are & they felt the same way.

Ms.Mouse
09-21-2007, 09:17 PM
We loved Yachtsman Steakhouse. Food was great and waitstaff was also.

byoung
09-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Yachtsman's get's my vote.