PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey

hollyk
09-20-2007, 01:05 PM
For Chef Mickey, I am trying to decide which would be better meal for our family as far as food and interaction we have 3 kids(2,6,8) Breakfast or dinner?
as far as what is offered, our kids are not that picky so I know there is something for everyone, but I just wanted opinions what people like better.

gkaussietykes4
09-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Hi! We just got back from our trip, and went to Cef Mickey's for lunch. It was awesome! Our ressies were around 2:00, and we had tons of interaction with the Character's. My ds who is 3 is still talking about it. I hear breaky is nice, I haven't heard anything about the dinner. I sure someone here must have had dinnr there.

PrincessHope84
09-20-2007, 02:53 PM
I've only been to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and I had a great time! Every character stopped at my table and came back a couple of times. It was the best time I had at breakfast my entire trip. I made ADR's to go back to Chef Mickey's for breakfast on my next trip. I highly reccommend it! :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

kcmyluv
09-20-2007, 04:43 PM
We went to Chef Mickey's for dinner last April. It was the best character meal we ever had and we've done a few. Food was great and the desserts were wonderful.

lynninpa
09-20-2007, 04:49 PM
We have done both Dinner and Breakfast at CM. The character interaction and the food were about the same at both meals yet we would choose Breakfast as our favorite, hands down! There is just something magical about starting off a day in Disney with Breakfast with the "classic" characters! :thumbsup2

MickeyNicki
09-20-2007, 05:41 PM
We did dinner with a 3 and 10 year old...character interaction was great but all of us, kids too thought the food was terrible. I would go to breakfast instead

septbaby
09-20-2007, 06:59 PM
If you are not on the Dining Plan price may play a factor, here's the data:

Breakfast Adult (l0+) - $22.99 Child (3-9) - $12.99
Dinner Adult (l0+) - $29.99 Child (3-9) - $14.99

Holiday Prices for all reservations on the following dates:

November 18, 2007 - November 24, 2007
December 16, 2007 - Janurary 5, 2008

Breakfast/Brunch Adult (l0+) - $26.99 Child (3-9) - $14.99
Dinner Adult (l0+) - $33.99 Child (3-9) - $16.99

We were on the plan, but paid OOP for the adults and thought it was a good value at $18.99 . We also enjoyed the food and thought there was a good variety. We plan to return to CM's for dinner next summer. Characters and atmosphere were fun (you 3 should really enjoy it). It was the #2 most favorite thing at Disney for my 5yo nephew, characters in general was #1.

A poster talked about lunch, but that was special for the heart of Free Dining, so I doubt that is will be available for an upcoming trip.

Joanna71985
09-20-2007, 07:33 PM
I have done CM breakfast, and it is really good. I enjoyed the interaction.

CapeMayMommy
09-20-2007, 07:55 PM
We were on the free DDP and so I made ADR's for all dinners. We had a reservation for 5pm--and my children were asked to open the restaurant!!! what an unforgetable experience!!!

My children "cut the rope" and mickey came down the red carpet and greeted them--they then got a magical moment certificate signed by Mickey and the gang. Additionally, they were asked to sign Mickey's autograph book!!!

I can go on and on about how over the moon excited my kids were--and we had just arrived at Disney. We arrived at the restaurant at 4:30 and were the first on line--just so you know if you want to increase the chance that your children will be asked.:banana: