PDA

View Full Version : Nervous about Concourse Steakhouse

medicgirl911
09-20-2007, 12:17 PM
We have an upcoming ADR at Concourse Steakhouse on 10/1 and I am kinda worred about it. I just never hear much about it at all. :confused3 I have tried changing it to WCC a couple of times but the only ressie I can get there is 9:10pm which is way too late for us. So please tell me your thoughts on Concourse, It will be our last night of the trip and I wish I would have booked soemthing more memorable.

DisneyLover75
09-20-2007, 12:32 PM
I love the Concourse Steakhouse! We had a wonderful experience there. I had the tomato and mozzarella salad for starters. Then filet and mashed potatoes and for dessert, creme brulee! Oh heaven!

The service was excellent, as was the atmosphere, and the food was just heavenly. I can't wait to go back.

jimmiej
09-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Had a great meal there a couple years ago. Have you looked here?

http://allearsnet.com/reviewpost/showcat.php?cat=32

asmit4
09-20-2007, 12:56 PM
There was a thread a few weeks back and a good 10-15 people wrote that it's "underrated" and that they had great meals there! Nobody had a bad response!

almacdonald
09-20-2007, 03:18 PM
We went to Concourse a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't the greatest meal of the trip but it definitely wasn't the worst either. It was free so I won't complain too much ;)

Dalton5
09-20-2007, 03:31 PM
We ate at Concourse last week. Had to cancel our Coral Reef because we wanted to see Spectro. They took us as a walk in around 9:15. I have to say this was one of our favorite meals. The steaks were cut with a butter knife and the service was spectacular... We had eaten at LeCellier earlier in the week and our whole family agreed that Concourse was better. What a shame that they will be closing.

Stick with you ADR I don't think you will be sorry

medicgirl911
09-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the input! I guess I just need to chill and relax lol. :lmao:

callaghan0416
09-20-2007, 03:53 PM
One of our favorite meals! You will not be disappointed.

callie

4 mickey
09-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Also ate there about 10 days ago
Our best restaurant everybody in our group of 7 loved it .
Some even sais better than Le cellier ( also went on that trip ) :thumbsup2

jennyf2
09-20-2007, 04:39 PM
We were there last Saturday & it was GREAT!!!!!

callaghan0416
09-20-2007, 04:39 PM
There was no question in our minds, SSSSOOOOOO much better than Le Cellier.....

Kerrin

ReneeA
09-20-2007, 04:45 PM
I loved the Concourse...had the filet and it melted in your mouth. Kiddos loved watching the monorail sailing overhead.

One of the better meals of the trip.

Mkrop
09-20-2007, 06:17 PM
We ate there in May and it was one of the best meals of the whole trip!

lynninpa
09-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the input! I guess I just need to chill and relax lol. :lmao:

Yes, chill & relax! :upsidedow Our dinner at the Concourse was wonderful! The food was delish and perfectly prepared and our service was "above & beyond!"

jmkrat
09-20-2007, 06:42 PM
We ate there last March and were very surprised that it was not crowded. We loved it. I had allergies and the wonderful Chef came out and was able to make me the best meal. To top it off our lovely CM asked if I could have an appetizer what would I want ( I didn't think I would be able to have one with my allergies) I told her the steak and tortilla appetizer. They were able to make it special for me so I could have it, and was it great:woohoo: . Go for it and enjoy.

littleelvis
09-20-2007, 06:51 PM
We have also eaten there and loved it too! I am very sad to see it go.

rcraw45425
09-20-2007, 07:54 PM
We also find it way better than LeCellier. Try the chipotle ribeye with the garlic mashed potatoes. Yum!

buffalogirl
09-20-2007, 08:22 PM
We ate there Dec 2006. Our food was excellent and so was the service. DH had one of the specials, a 24oz porterhouse-loved it! DS and I each had filet, was just as yummy as filet from Le Cellier.
We have an ADR for our trip Dec 2007.

Enjoy your meal.:thumbsup2

melomouse
09-20-2007, 09:11 PM
It's included in my dining review - food was great!!!

AngieInOH
09-20-2007, 09:24 PM
When is the Concourse closing? I've contemplated adding it to our ADRs.

mazdabug
09-20-2007, 11:46 PM
We ate there last year. I found that is was not really all that great. Steak was very bland. Not much taste at all.:confused3

yankeepenny
09-21-2007, 07:39 AM
I posted a thread on our visited a couple of weeks ago, and it was FANTASTIC!

medicgirl911
09-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Ok you guys have convinced me, I will definelty keep the reservation and not try to change it!!!! Thanks for the help!!!!:goodvibes

Hobbes
09-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Whats Chipotle? (The first time I saw it I thought it was a spelling mistake and the poster meant chipolata:lmao: )

Mom2Evie
09-21-2007, 10:50 AM
We ate there last week and it was wonderful. Our server was excellent & the food was great. I ordered tomato & mozzerella salad as my appetizer, beef tenderloin with bread salad & broccolini as my entree and carrot cake as my dessert (to go!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/riesrch/CS_tom_mozz.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/riesrch/CS_filet.jpg

Mom2Evie
09-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Whats Chipotle? (The first time I saw it I thought it was a spelling mistake and the poster meant chipolata:lmao: )

Chipotle is smoked jalapenos, it has great flavor but not BITE.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
09-21-2007, 12:24 PM
My parents and I have had dinner there two times and each time the meal was fantastic. The food was great and so were the servers, so you will not here any complaints from us.

Tinkerbell's Mom
09-21-2007, 12:26 PM
I am SO glad to see this thread, we have reservations there in December and I have to admit I've been really contemplating changing it because you don't see much about it. It's good to hear it's more of a "hidden gem"!!!

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
09-21-2007, 12:30 PM
It's good to hear it's more of a "hidden gem"!!!To bad this coming April it will be closing for good and will become a new restaurant called the Waive, which is rumoured to be serving an Asian theme menu. It will also be re-opening in the lobby of the Contemporary where the Food & Fun Center use to be.

Dalton5
09-21-2007, 01:49 PM
We ate there last week and it was wonderful. Our server was excellent & the food was great. I ordered tomato & mozzerella salad as my appetizer, beef tenderloin with bread salad & broccolini as my entree and carrot cake as my dessert (to go!)

What a hoot!!:laughing: Great minds must think alike. That is exactly my order from last week.

Mom2Evie
09-21-2007, 02:11 PM
You have excellent taste!

DisneyLover75
09-21-2007, 05:14 PM

What is all that stuff in the tomato and mozzarella salad?? When I had it, it was just tomato and mozz in the balsamic vinegar. I remember the cook saying it was something I could order (I'm allergic to onions and mushrooms, and pretty much EVERYTHING has one or the other of those in it.)

Maybe they made me a plain one, special because of my allergy? :confused3

Hobbes
09-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Chipotle is smoked jalapenos, it has great flavor but not BITE.

Thanks, maybe I'll try it-I'm a real wuss for anything even vaguely hot

medicgirl911
09-22-2007, 05:52 AM

Thanks for posting those pics, I was actually considering that for my appetizer, but was hesitant to do so, because I had ordered somehtingsimilar at Mama Melroses in June, and it really did not have much flavor at all, so I ma glad to hear this tasted good.

Thanks again for all the reassurances everyone!

grannyminnie
09-22-2007, 07:17 AM
My only comment about it would be the slow service. Of course, that could have just been the night we chose to go, but it was a long wait, so we've never been back.

rcraw45425
09-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks, maybe I'll try it-I'm a real wuss for anything even vaguely hot

I'm sure you can have them bring it on the side, it's like a glaze, but to be honest, it's not hot, both of my girls usually wind up stealing steak off of our plates or sharing with us as they love it too. So sad to see that it's leaving for yet another funky themed restaurant. Why can't they realize that "if it ain't broke, dont' fix it" ???

mom2aredhead
09-22-2007, 11:15 AM
We have ADR's there in December and were planning on hopping on the monorail right from the park - which means we will be dressed "park appropriate" - ie sneakers, probably shorts (depending on the weather of course) and very casual and comfy

Will this be OK? It just occured to me that it is a bit more "classy" then grabbing a dog at Casey's and maybe well need to clean up and change first??

Mkrop
09-22-2007, 11:29 AM
We have ADR's there in December and were planning on hopping on the monorail right from the park - which means we will be dressed "park appropriate" - ie sneakers, probably shorts (depending on the weather of course) and very casual and comfy

Will this be OK? It just occured to me that it is a bit more "classy" then grabbing a dog at Casey's and maybe well need to clean up and change first??

We didnt "dress' in May. We all had Tshirts (DH a golf shirt) and shorts and sneakers, we ate lunch and dinner there, we were fine.

mom2aredhead
09-22-2007, 11:37 AM
We didnt "dress' in May. We all had Tshirts (DH a golf shirt) and shorts and sneakers, we ate lunch and dinner there, we were fine.

What did your 4 year old have to eat - mine is sooo picky I swear sometimes he doesn't even belong to me.

Sorry to kind of hijack this thread BTW

rcraw45425
09-22-2007, 12:19 PM
What did your 4 year old have to eat - mine is sooo picky I swear sometimes he doesn't even belong to me.

Not who you directed the thread to but here is the latest kids menu for there:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_csk.htm

My DD usually get the pick menu, the salad or soup, grilled chicken and the create a sundae. If your child will do it you can also split your meal with him/her. I do that all the time with my girls.

Mkrop
09-22-2007, 04:34 PM

This is one of the days I thought the kid was going to fall asleep in his meal:rotfl: but I think he had the pizza and I think I might have had to ask for it without the chicken topping. Both of my guys are extremely picky so I can relate

DisneyLover75
09-22-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm sure you can have them bring it on the side, it's like a glaze, but to be honest, it's not hot, both of my girls usually wind up stealing steak off of our plates or sharing with us as they love it too. So sad to see that it's leaving for yet another funky themed restaurant. Why can't they realize that "if it ain't broke, dont' fix it" ???

Wait a minute. WHAT?? :scared1: Concourse is leaving??? What the...

Please say it ain't so. :confused: :sad1: :sad2:

two*little*birds
09-22-2007, 06:40 PM
We were there last Saturday & it was GREAT!!!!!

We were there last Saturday too (the 15th) and we loved our meal! DH cleaned his plate to a shine. LOL :lmao:

easytoremember
09-22-2007, 07:34 PM
ive been to Disney so much, used to love whatever chef mickeys was called back in the mid 90s before it was chef mickeys and the food went downhill faster than I do on summit plummit (61mph by the way).

Excited for the concourse for my trip in a few weeks.
sad to see it go.... protest anyone?

Micca
09-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Give it a shot, it's been good for us. It is relocating and won't be the same.:earsboy:

DisneyLover75
09-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Ok, I just talked to a CM and they said they had absolutely NO information regarding the closing of Concourse Steakhouse. They said it would be temporarily closed during the renovations, and they aren't allowed to make ADRs during that time, but there was no indication that there'd be no re-opening of Concourse Steakhouse upon completion of the renovations.

So if indeed they're relocating, then the only thing that would change would be the atmosphere. I'd be ok with that. If it's the same menu and the same staff, I'm happy.

Mkrop
09-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Ok, I just talked to a CM and they said they had absolutely NO information regarding the closing of Concourse Steakhouse. They said it would be temporarily closed during the renovations, and they aren't allowed to make ADRs during that time, but there was no indication that there'd be no re-opening of Concourse Steakhouse upon completion of the renovations.

So if indeed they're relocating, then the only thing that would change would be the atmosphere. I'd be ok with that. If it's the same menu and the same staff, I'm happy.

I thought they were putting a Chef Mickey Express in that location.:confused3

DisneyLover75
09-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Perhaps they are, and Concourse will be at another part of the resort. That wouldn't be the worst. That would just mean relocation for Concourse. Like I said, that I can handle. But the idea of there being no more Concourse Steakhouse is heartbreaking to me! I'm still not over Alfredo's! LOL

I didn't ask anything about relocation or CM Express. I just asked if it was true that Concourse Steakhouse was closing.

The answer was that no, it's not closing. I made her look specifically, LOL

Mom2Evie
09-22-2007, 09:01 PM

My somewhat picky 6 year old daughter ate grilled chicken, didn't eat her fresh green beans but I think they brought her French fries.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
09-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Perhaps they are, and Concourse will be at another part of the resort. That wouldn't be the worst. That would just mean relocation for Concourse. Like I said, that I can handle. But the idea of there being no more Concourse Steakhouse is heartbreaking to me! I'm still not over Alfredo's! LOL

I didn't ask anything about relocation or CM Express. I just asked if it was true that Concourse Steakhouse was closing.

The answer was that no, it's not closing. I made her look specifically, LOL

Here is proof that the Concourse Steakhouse is closing and won't ever be coming back.

August 2007 - Newly renovated Fantasia Shop will re-open.

June 11, 2007 through November 2007 - The Lobby will undergo partitioned refurbishments to update the area's image and decor.

July 2007 through October 2007 - The resort's grounds will undergo partitioned refurbishments to install new landscaping and re-route existing guests paths.

July 30, 2007 through April 2008 - The Food & Fun Center will be closed for major renovations. The location will re-open as a new table service option, "The Wave". During this time a temporary counter service location will be operating on the Grand Concourse level near the Outer Rim Lounge.

April 2008 through August 14, 2008 -The Concourse Steak house will be closed for major renovations. The location will re-open as the new Counter Service location for the resort. During this time a temporary counter service location will be operating on the Grand Concourse level near the Outer Rim Lounge.

If you read the last line of the renovation schedule it clearly says how the Concourse Steakhouse location will become the new Counter service location, which is rumoured to be called Chef Mickey's Express.

DisneyLover75
09-22-2007, 10:52 PM
A thousand expletives are going through my head right now. I just don't want to say them, cause they're so naughty.

Not directed at anyone, just out of anger, sadness and disappointment about that news.

tink774
09-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Well now that it won't be there much longer, you have to go!!

My boyfriend and I ate there in May 2007 on one of the last nights of our trip. I was apprehensive too, but it was fantastic! As a PP said, it wasn't the best meal of our trip, but definitely not the worst. My steak was a tad dry, but still delicious.

Our server that night was the best and most attentive that we had the entire trip. He was also serving a large group at the table next to us who had no clue how their DDP worked, and he looked stressed. But he went above and beyond to make sure BF and I were happy at all times and was always friendly, never making us feel rushed. BF said he definitely met the most important criteria as far as he's concerned: keeping his water glass filled at all times! :) He even agreed to take a couple of pictures of us at our table, which we thought was very sweet of him. Needless to say, we tipped him well!!

The food and the service at Concourse Steakhouse make it a wonderful dining experience, and I will be sad to see it go.

mom2aredhead
09-23-2007, 07:24 AM
My somewhat picky 6 year old daughter ate grilled chicken, didn't eat her fresh green beans but I think they brought her French fries.

Mine pretty much likes chicken strips or pasta. Occasionally pizza. I'm hoping he'll eat the pizza that night. If not maybe I can get our server (with a large tip) to either bring him some plain penne pasta (looks like they have penne as an adult menu item) or steal some chicken tenders from the Chef Mickey's buffet line.

Mkrop
09-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Mine pretty much likes chicken strips or pasta. Occasionally pizza. I'm hoping he'll eat the pizza that night. If not maybe I can get our server (with a large tip) to either bring him some plain penne pasta (looks like they have penne as an adult menu item) or steal some chicken tenders from the Chef Mickey's buffet line.

Im pretty sure DS10 had the penne pasta with butter. He was 9 at the time. He lived on that and mac and cheese while we we there with an occasional chicken strip thrown in. I can get him to eat much better when we are home than on vacation so I dont stress. Although I was very excited to get some cooked green beans in him from the adult plate at Garden Grill at Epcot. He will not eat raw veggies so the carrots they served with most of the kids meals was out and he wont go near a salad. Like I said when we get home I load him up with veggies he will eat!;)