PDA

View Full Version : Pinnochio CS or Columbia House

MickeyMaz
09-20-2007, 10:24 AM
We are going down soon and plan to have lunch on one of our days in the MK. We have never eaten at either rest. Can you give me an idea of which would be better? I have seen the menus at ALLEARsNET and have no problem with either, hence the problem.

Maz:3dglasses

DeterminedOne
09-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Columbia Harbour House is way better, IMO.

yankeepenny
09-20-2007, 10:30 AM
CHH :thumbsup2

need_a_Disney_fix
09-20-2007, 10:38 AM
DH and I love to eat upstairs at Columbia House. :thumbsup2

disprincessatheart
09-20-2007, 10:47 AM
We have always eaten at CHH and liked it a lot. The trip we took last week, we decided to try Pin. and LOVED it. They used to serve hot dogs, now it's way better. With free dining CS I got a large coke, fairly large personal pizza, side salad and a chocolate milkshake - it was HUGE. DF got a gigantic sandwich with apple slices, a coke and a milkshake. It was one of the best and definitely the largest CS we got all week. You can't go wrong either way. I will say - P's was way less crowded.

rotlex
09-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Another vote for Columbia Harbour House. We love eating upstairs, and usually find the food great all around. I hate to say it, but for us at least, the menu selection at Pinocchio Village House uh, let's just say we don't care for it there, LOL.

Laura
09-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I haven't eaten at Pinocchio's (at least not in a long time; I might have as a kid), but it always looks like a zoo in there at lunchtime whenever I go by. Whereas the benefit to CHH is that you can go upstairs where it's relatively uncrowded, get a nice window seat overlooking the park's walkways and people watch while you have a nice lunch. Besides that, the food is really good at CHH and, depending on what you order, can be quite healthy too. :)

ciera321
09-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Definately CHH - We love to eat upstairs and the food is very good for CS:goodvibes

MickeyNicki
09-20-2007, 11:16 AM
We ate at Pinnochio last Oct, the pizza was terrible, even the kids would not eat it. The Figaro fries are aweome and the cold cut sub was good too. I am looking forward to trying Columbia House in 3 weeks..I love tuna fish sandwiches and theirs gets rave reviews.

Rocktire
09-20-2007, 11:18 AM
CHH all the way

PlutoLuvr
09-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Our family has must-do's at both.

Tuna sandwich at CHH - outstanding!!!

Italian hoagie & Figero fries at PVH - outstanding!!!

We've never been impressed with anything else at either restaurant.

disneywith4boys
09-20-2007, 12:10 PM
This is why I love these boards. I've eaten at CHH prob 10 times and never noticed an upstairs!! We will sure go up this time. BTW, I always had a prob that tuna wasn't on the kids menus. I'd hate to eat the deilicious tuna and stick my kids with the grilled, or is it chilled, chicken! This is one reason we're not going with the DDP this time. We may pay more bec. we have to order off the adult menu, but at least the kids get a better, and IMO, heathier, variety.
pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Simba's Mom
09-20-2007, 05:12 PM
There's an upstairs at Pinocchio's Village Haus too. The disadvantage is that there are only about 7 tables up there, and most of those are two seaters. There's a nice outdoor deck upstairs also.

Mr. Pig
09-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Hate to beat a dead horse hear but I 100% agree with CHH. It has a more unique menu than PVH and I really don't think much of Disney park pizza.

MAGICinMYHEART
09-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Columbia Harbour House because the New England Clam Chowder is delicious.

FloraFauna
09-21-2007, 07:58 AM
I had a delicious lunch at CHH this past June. It was the tuna sandwich--yum! I also have to agree with others about sitting upstairs.

MickeyMaz
09-21-2007, 08:32 AM
This is why I love these boards. I've eaten at CHH prob 10 times and never noticed an upstairs!! We will sure go up this time. BTW, I always had a prob that tuna wasn't on the kids menus. I'd hate to eat the deilicious tuna and stick my kids with the grilled, or is it chilled, chicken! This is one reason we're not going with the DDP this time. We may pay more bec. we have to order off the adult menu, but at least the kids get a better, and IMO, heathier, variety.
pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

That was my big thing against the DDP for the next trip. The kid menu selections at a lot of places are very limited.

MickeyMaz
09-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks for all of the good advice. Quick question. I had thought I read that there is an upstairs at Pinnochio's also. True?

Simba's Mom
09-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks for all of the good advice. Quick question. I had thought I read that there is an upstairs at Pinnochio's also. True?

Yes, thanks to another DISer who pointed that out to me-at least it was there (haven't been in a few months). The problem is that there are only about 7 tables, and most of those are for one of two people. It's really like a little balcony so you can still see all the goings on downstairs. One time I sat up there and watched the Fantasyland Sax just below me. It's great for a solo, but for a family, the upstairs at CHH is much bigger. And that clam chowder is very good-1/2 a sandwich and clam chowder, love it!

The Three Cabs
09-21-2007, 03:10 PM
CHH is my favorite counter service at all of WDW.

Flora Fauna, I thought I was looking at a picture of my dog! I have a sheltie that looks like your dogs twin.

slimplaw
09-21-2007, 05:31 PM
I have not eaten at Pinocchio's in years. Then, it was hot dogs and hamburgers. We did enjoy it.
That being said, I always eat at CHH. I have had the grilled chicken salad, ham sandwich, vegetarian chili and the sandwich with hummus, tomato and broccoli slaw. All were very good. I've recommended CHH to many people and they have all enjoyed it.

momof2n2
09-21-2007, 07:25 PM
upstairs at CHH.

HANDS DOWN.

If you do go to PH, and get the antipasto salad ASK FOR DRESSING ON THE SIDE. :p

Micca
09-21-2007, 09:35 PM
CHH is perhaps the best CS in all of WDW. It's the ONLY one we eat at.:earsboy:

MickeyMaz
09-22-2007, 12:17 PM
CHH is perhaps the best CS in all of WDW. It's the ONLY one we eat at.:earsboy:

I heard the fist hit the table on that one. Pretty serious endoresement. What's your favorite thing to order?

Micca
09-22-2007, 12:36 PM
I love the fish, the cole slaw, and fries, the rest of my party usually would have chicken.

I have/had a unique sitch in my family where no one else was interested in burgers or hot dogs(I love 'em though). I actually peeled off from my family a few times to grab a burger and chili cheese fries at Pecos Bill's. While there are more diverse choices of food in CS now than say 20-30 years ago, we found that the CHH was the best choice for us. We also like the atmosphere much better than some of the other CS places.:earsboy:

jenelope
09-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Pinocchio's Italian sub was very good. Surprisingly so. And one of our party had the antipasto salad and said it was very good. However, I like the fish at CHH. Even more, I like the fact that it's the only place I've seen that has malt vinegar in bottles, so I can douse my fries to my heart's content! And the upstairs is always quiet and you can always get a table there. It's my favorite CS restaurant at MK.

Ron from Michigan
09-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I would suggest CHH. It is by far the best cs in the MK.

123Disney
09-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Columbia House

Disneymoon
09-22-2007, 07:38 PM
I have never eaten at Pinnochio's so my feelings may be a little biased, but we really enjoyed CHH. I felt the choices there were healthier and different from the options at other CS restaurants. The tuna sandwich was delicious.

I have a full review of CHH in my dining review... see siggy.

PixieDust742
09-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Another vote for CHH. I agree that the food is a bit healthier, and not as heavy...good when you're walking around the park in the heat. Also, you can find pizza all over WDW but sandwiches, soups and salads like the ones at CHH are harder to come by.

DisneyLover75
09-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Well, I'm in the minority then. I say Pinocchio's. I really enjoyed the figaro fries and I loved watching It's a Small World from our table.
To be fair, I've never eaten at CHH. I looked at the menu on allearsnet and I didn't find anything I'd like on the menu. (I'm far too picky, of course.)

fleurshons
09-23-2007, 06:08 PM
CHH! :thumbsup2

MissyDVC
09-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Well, I'm in the minority then. I say Pinocchio's. I really enjoyed the figaro fries and I loved watching It's a Small World from our table.
To be fair, I've never eaten at CHH. I looked at the menu on allearsnet and I didn't find anything I'd like on the menu. (I'm far too picky, of course.)

I could have written this:goodvibes DH & I cannot go to the MK without a helping of Figaro Fries and my kiddies say that they like the pizza at PH best! Enjoy, no matter where you eat:thumbsup2

elf
09-23-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm not a fan of hot dogs and hamburgers at counter service but I had to try Pin. so I could watch "it's a small world" ride. I did that a few years ago and enjoyed it. Italian Subs are my dh's favorite sandwich maybe we'll have to try it again next month.
It is my favorite CS food in all of WDW.

remfaerie
09-23-2007, 10:58 PM
I had the same exact question, and everyone posted CHH as well. I also have been looking at my planning books I live off of (when i'm not on DIS of course!) And in Birnbaums, the unofficial guide to wdw, and the passporter, CHH looks like the better choice. Darn I research food way too much.popcorn::