PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Worst Full Service Restaurant

OKW Lover
09-19-2007, 05:16 PM
This is a multiple choice poll. Please vote for not more than 3 choices (honor system) for the worst full service restaurant at WDW. Also, if you chose "other", please post which full service place it is and why you voted for it.

Looking forward to seeing the results.

Brit17
09-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Everytime we ate at the Rainforest, either in AK or DTD, the service, unfortunately, was terrible ... and the food was just average also ... we won't be going back anytime soon ...

Conservative Hippie
09-19-2007, 05:29 PM
I vote for San Angel Inn and "Other"--Hollywood & Vine.

ETA: Oops, just noticed buffets have their own poll!

SheenaXena21
09-19-2007, 05:50 PM
I vote for San Angel Inn and "Other"--Hollywood & Vine.

ETA: Oops, just noticed buffets have their own poll!

Woh!!! You're ready to pop:eek: !!! Congrats!!!:yay:

Back to the food... ours was Concourse Steakhouse. The only really bad thing was the appetizers, some of them were bad. Really it was ok, there were better places that we ate at during our trip. It just wasn't very memorable for us.

ReggieB
09-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Our other would be Cinderella's dinner at the castle. Not pleasant. Food wasn't great. The worst thing was the service, absolutely hands down appalling.

I will say however, it is really pretty in there! Cinderella was super sweet with DS6, so not horrible memories, but I would have a hard time persuading DH to go back.

sandybobandy
09-19-2007, 07:16 PM
I voted for Boatwrong's...errrr...Boatwright's. It was bad. Just bad. Even
worse when it came back up later that day. :sick:

The other bad one was Big River. I guess it wasn't bad per se, it just wasn't good or memorable. Plus-they don't have pickles! lol

Soccermom-Cheri
09-19-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm an "other" with a vote for Yachtsman Steakhouse (and Chef Mickey's. The service in both places was truly awful. And, the characters at Chef Mickey's hardly stayed long enough for a photo.)

skater
09-19-2007, 07:29 PM
I had to choose San Angel Inn - It was the only table service out of 9 that I didn't like. I'm glad we tried it (I've wanted to for a few years), but I won't do it again. If you go, the nachos appetizer was good - just wasn't impressed with the entrees.

jimmytammy
09-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I voted other, and that would be Planet Hollywood. I noticed you had RFC on there so DTD restaurants werent exempt. Marrakesh would fall in place not far behind.

Tissa
09-19-2007, 07:50 PM
San Angel Inn= yuck

Pumbaa_
09-19-2007, 10:15 PM
other - 'ohana

AllyBri
09-19-2007, 10:28 PM
other - 'ohana

I'm in total agreement here. 'Ohana in my op is just the worst.

Tinkerbelll
09-19-2007, 10:31 PM
other - 'ohana

We agree with this.... our meal at Ohana was not good at all. I've been wanting to try it again, becuase so many people rave about it, but there are just so many other good ones to try. Another meal we're not too fond of is Liberty Tree Tavern. It is ok, at best. The characters are great and the location is perfect, but as far as the food is concerned, it just isn't that good. The mashed potatoes at LTT taste like they are from a box (whether they are or not is an ongoing debate) and the meat is bland. Maybe my mom's amazing Thanksgiving Dinner has spoiled me, but if I had to do dinner in the MK and wanted the best food available, I'd probably do Chef Mickey's.

KnJ
09-19-2007, 11:20 PM
a lot of our favorites are on your list such as: Nine Dragons, Coral Reef, Mama Melrose, Sci-fi, and Marrakesh

Our worst full service would be CRT.

scottny
09-20-2007, 12:19 AM
I voted other for Spoodles. never will go back.

Uncleromulus
09-20-2007, 05:14 AM
How come Fultons hasn't gotten all the votes??

Terk-1
09-20-2007, 07:26 AM
I have RFC, Sci Fi & Chef Mickey's (dinner) as the worst full service restaurants at WDW. The food is awful, as is the service. Won't go back to any of these.

TommyTutone
09-20-2007, 08:38 AM
I picked Big River (in all fairness there are a couple of options listed I haven't visited) because while their location in Chattanooga is outstanding (we go every time we visit), the limited and poorly executed menu at Boardwalk was a huge letdown.

mickeyfan2
09-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Nine Dragons. I can get the same food at our local take out.

mickeyfan2
09-20-2007, 09:04 AM

The last time we ate there the food was excellent. It was a few years ago.

Mickeys_n_me
09-20-2007, 09:13 AM
It's funny how far ranged everyones tastes are. Goes to show, try something for yourself to make the decision.
I love most of the choices you listed, some I haven't tried but plan to.

Out of the ones you listed The Rainforest would get my vote out of all of them simply because it is a chain restaurant, the food is just so-so and I can go there anytime I like because there is one about 15 minutes away from me.

Next would be Cinderella's Royal Table. Nothing about the place impressed me. The food was bland, the service was so so. And at a steep price to boot.

vascubaguy
09-20-2007, 09:49 AM
I voted "Other" because Hollywood & Vine wasn't on the list

helenabear
09-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Spoodles for us... twice I have gone and had food luke warm and so greasy/oily that it made me not feel well. Service the last time I went was horrible too. I won't bother with the place at all now.

Merriwind
09-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern dinner - tan, bland, yuck!

richard_andmel
09-20-2007, 01:48 PM
You should definitely have put 'Ohana on that list.

Randy K
09-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Nine Dragons. I can get the same food at our local take out.

You must have incredible chinese takeout where you live. I'm in Southern California and we have more Chinese Take Out here than probably anywhere in the country and its not even close to the quality of Nine Dragons. But it depends on what you order. American Chinese food like Orange Chicken and Sweet and Sour Pork never change much no matter where you get them. But if you order some of the more authentic Chinese food at Nine Dragons most of which your not likely to find at take outs then the food is excellent.

OKW Lover
09-20-2007, 05:31 PM

A puzzle indeed.

OKW Lover
09-20-2007, 05:34 PM
You should definitely have put 'Ohana on that list.

Actually, that's in a separate poll. I listed it as one of the "dinner show" places. Yeah, I know its not really a dinner show, but it just seems like there is always some kind of "entertainment" going on so I lumped it (along with WCC) in that poll.

OKW Lover
09-20-2007, 05:35 PM
I voted "Other" because Hollywood & Vine wasn't on the list

Several others have commented about H&V. Since its a buffet, it's over in the poll about buffets. Don't forget to go there and vote too.

LarryJ
09-20-2007, 06:07 PM

Maybe because it isn't the worst, but I have to admit you have to know what to order and enjoy when you go there. If you're looking for a steak FORGET IT, and some of the seafoods are better than others. We have never eaten a dinner there ... better places, but for lunch some the the seafood dishes IMHO can't be beat ANYWHERE in WDW. We've been eating there since 1985 when it featured "Flaglers" as "THE" restaurant.

All I can say is different strokes for different folks and don't let what you read in any of these threads here to make you decide not to a restaurant.

JMHO :happytv:

Larry

lynninpa
09-20-2007, 06:11 PM
I voted "other." IMHO, it had to be Chefs de France. With Cap' N' Jacks a close second.

Marty Joe
09-20-2007, 06:15 PM
While I voted for Rain Forest (long wait time, slow service, sell a kidney expensive, and very so-so food), we will never go back to CRT. Cindy was very nice, the castle was beautiful, but we could have stayed another night at the Poly for a rushed, painful, and measley breakfast... We did get some pictures tho :mad: .

dseth
09-20-2007, 06:41 PM
My "other" vote is for Hollywood and Vine:sick:

disneykibbes5
09-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Our worst had to be Sci-fi. It took forever and the food ended up being hard and cold.
Also Rainforest. We only go there for Dessert now. The service and food are not worth the price.

hygienejean
09-20-2007, 08:47 PM
I voted for Sci Fi....Food was disgusting but it was a fun restaurant.

mickeysaver
09-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Le Cellier and Planet Hollywood by far have been our two worst customer service experiences at WDW. Le Cellier was the shocker of the two of course. I really feel that it was because we had booked it with the CP dinner package. This was back in 2003. The food was good to great, but the service sucked so bad that it tainted the whole experience. Maggie

chocovrdmicears
09-20-2007, 10:21 PM
We just returned yesterday from 8 days of dining. My 'Other' vote goes 100% to Maya Grill @ CSR. It was, without a doubt, the worst dining we have ever encountered, maybe anywhere!. :sad2: The waitress was a grouch and the food was inedible. My dh had the pork empanadas for an app. and they were sooo dry you could barely cut them. He had the duck for his entree and he said it was just terrible. I had the steak and fish. The fish was bland and the steak tasted like it had fallen into ashes. (i actually spit the one bite that i took into my napkin.:scared: ) My kids has pasta with 'sauce' on the side...the 'sauce' was a can of tomatoes poured into a bowl. The manager came over and sat down with my husband to discuss the meal. I was not there for the conversation because I took my kids to the little convience store next door to get them something to eat. :mad:

buckylarue
09-21-2007, 12:25 AM

Because it wouldn't let us cast all 3 votes for it! Yuck, Yuck, YUCK!!!

ProudMommyof2
09-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Other- Whispering Canyon!

hildarumpole
09-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Ohana was by far our worst dining experience. We ate both breakfast and dinner there on our last trip. Service during breakfast was horrible, while the food was only average. Dinner service was slightly better, but the food was not great, especially the skewered meats (mostly dry and inedible). We won't return.

PamNC
09-21-2007, 11:05 AM
I voted for Big River and Sci Fi and "other."

We've only eaten at Big River and Sci Fi once. And that was enough. In both cases the service was great, but the food was certainly lacking and if I had to sum it up I could do so in two words: DRIED UP.

I hate to say this and I may get flamed but my "other" is Citricos. I've tried it twice and both times I had major issues. First time, the food was the issue. Had to send my steak back 3x. Asked medium rare, got well, second time got medium well. Finally got it down to medium and I just gave up. Didn't like the seasoning or the sides. Husband hated his lamb dish. Second time, food was just okay but the service was HORRIFIC. It's a long story that I won't go into because it gets me too mad.

We'll never go back to Citricos or the other two aforementioned full service places. Although, I have to say I'm glad we went to Sci-Fi once because it is a cool atmosphere - loved that part of it. But one can't take dried up burgers lightly.

PamNC

budbeerlady
09-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Capt Jacks, ughhhh!

chickie
09-21-2007, 12:11 PM
I had to say Tony's Town Square. The only good thing about our dinner there was that they let us stay at our table longer to watch Spectro parade.

My second vote would have to be Fulton's. We only ate there once, and I didn't think it was any better than our neighborhood Red Lobster. The other bad thing about Fulton's is that it's just not the old Empress Lilly. Lots of good memories there that just don't come back at Fultons.:sad2:

missminniemouse
09-21-2007, 03:34 PM
The restaurant we least enjoyed was California Grill. I know a lot of people love this place, but it just didn't do it for us. There has to be more to it than the view. The food was sub-standard. ::MinnieMo

shovan
09-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Aww, as soon as I voted I realized I could have put in 3 choices.

My vote was for Nine Dragons, but Fulton's would be a very close second! Third I'm having a tough time going with Rainforest, no wait San Angel, no Rainforest..... :confused3 ;)

betsywdw
09-21-2007, 04:44 PM
I voted for Tony's. We have only been there once and we just felt it was a bit overpriced for what we were getting. The food was ok, nothing to really talk about. The atmosphere was nice and we were there during MNSSHP which made if fun, but I doubt we will ever return.

java
09-21-2007, 04:48 PM
I chose other for the ROSE and Crown. We have eaten there 3 times. First time pretty good. Second time bad - but we thought off night third time just out and out awful. Soggy fish, it took 2 hours to get through diner. I think they are used to people stalling outside that they completely ignored us (*and with 4 kids that is hard to do) Brought out the wrong food twice. Didn't even make one of the kid meals- had to go back. Brought the wrong drinks for the adult by a long shot. It was just a mess. Never ever again. I get my fish and chips from the cart out front- they were better and much cheaper.

Tiger926
09-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Other is Chefs de France & CRT - horrible service & mediocre food, Tiger

lovemy3sons
09-21-2007, 08:25 PM
I voted other and the other is - Spoodles! Worst dining experience in Disney so far!

KatMark
09-21-2007, 09:51 PM
I voted Boatwright's. Without a doubt the worse meal and service we have ever had in all of our Disney visits. And what made it worse was that it was our last night of our trip.

Goofy22
09-21-2007, 10:19 PM
I voted other for Hollywood& Vine we thought the food was horrible and almost cried when having to pay for it!!!:sad1:

Wishes
09-21-2007, 10:24 PM
My "Other" vote would be for Whispering Canyon. Worst meatloaf I've ever eaten (and I only ate one bite of it!).

betsywdw
09-21-2007, 11:35 PM
My "Other" vote would be for Whispering Canyon. Worst meatloaf I've ever eaten (and I only ate one bite of it!).

I didn't vote WC but on our last trip, DH and DMIL had the meatloaf and really disliked it. Neither of them even ate half of it! I didn't attempt to even try it after their reaction!

Buzz2001
09-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Boatwright's

Donnask8pro
09-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Service, definitely Ohanas (other) My cousin needs a new job

Food, Hollywood and Vine.

OKW Lover
09-23-2007, 06:48 AM
All great comments here. Very interesting reading.

I'm actually amazed that there aren't any runaway "winners" in the poll. I expected a few to have amassed a lot more votes that they currently have.

NanaDarling
09-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Planet Hollywood gets my vote. The food is not outstanding enough to outweigh the painful sound level. Not even a 15% off coupon could entice me to endure a PH experience again!

Suzyq9241
09-23-2007, 07:08 AM
With out a doubt...

We went there for a 5:00 ressie... we got there around 4:40 and walked up to the counter ... gave our name...they gave us a thing that lights up and told us to watch for the light to go off ... well we didn't even wait but 2 hrs and no light or anything... didn't even sit at a table... we told them that this was crazy and left ... went back to the Coronado resort and walked right up to the desk and told the Disney crew what had happen and no sooner had I finished the CM had WC's manager on the phone.... Trying to persuade me to come back there.... I told her that it was just too late and we were already had anniversary plans for the next night.

So the next morning... very early... a knock on the door.... Well it was a CM with a anniversary card and a fruit and cheese basket with a bottle of wine and a apology note about the night before... so that was nice...

The only thing nice...

wdwmouse
09-23-2007, 07:20 AM
I voted for Marrakesh. Didn't realize everything, well almost, would be cold food. AND saw a roach, um, I mean palmetto bug walking across the floor. Yuck, that can ruin any meal.

Also voted for "other" even though it is no longer there. Alfredo's last year was a HUGE disappointment. Hubby and I had a "date night". Kids were with my brother. Heard great stuff about Alfredo's. Hubby looked at his plate with a look that said "That's it?" Tiny portion. My Fettucinni was cold. No waitress in sight for so long to re-fill our drinks, that a bus boy had mercy and got us some. Could not wait to leave (of course it took forever to get the bill)!