PDA

View Full Version : My restaurant picks...should I worry about getting them?

Rock'n Robin
09-19-2007, 02:29 PM
We will be at WDW over Easter weekend. My 180 days are coming up beginning this weekend. I can't use 180 plus 10 because we haven't booked yet, but we are going-DH is getting a big check in the next couple of weeks and we will use it for airfare and our deposit.
Here's what I have picked--Chef Mickey's, Kona, Teppanyaki (I know it has a new name, just don't remember it), Crystal Palace, 50s Prime Time, and the Yachtsman Steakhouse --7 nights, but YS is a 2 TS meal.
YS is our Easter meal.
Is there anything so wildly popular on this list that I should have backups ready in case they are already booked? Our times are very flexible as I only have a very general plan at this point--which park which day with no real details. I'm most worried about Easter itself, but don't know if a steakhouse is the place everyone will want to be.
Robin M.

Microcell
09-19-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't know about Yachtman at all, but the others look like you should be fine making ADR's at 180 days! Have fun!

smep013
09-19-2007, 03:17 PM
This looks like a group that you should be able to get pretty easily at 180 days. Good Luck!

SnwflkCts
09-19-2007, 06:18 PM
You will just LOVE the Kona Cafe! Especially if you like steak ... though the fish is good too! YS sounds really good but I thought it was pricey (and 2TS if on the DDP!) wow -- I didn't know that.

Anyway ... I know that wasn't what you were asking about. I, too, think you will be fine in making ADRs a little past 180 days for these! GOOD LUCK.

PS: Desserts are to DIE for at Kona too!!!!!!!!!!

joycepa
09-19-2007, 06:47 PM
:confused3 What's the 180 plus 10 thing???:confused3

Rock'n Robin
09-19-2007, 08:48 PM
We have already been to Kona, we go almost every visit. We are creatures of habit! We have eaten at every choice except YS (although we haven't done crystal palace since 2000 when the little ones were 2,5 and 8).
180 plus 10--I know part of it is if you call on the first day of your 180, you can book all of your ADRs for your entire stay, up to 10 days, so you don't have to call every day. You must have a confirmed onsite reservation though, which I don't have yet.
Robin M.

disnut8
09-20-2007, 10:28 AM
You shouldn't have a problem booking 170 days out. Since your Easter dinner is at Yachtsmen Steakhouse and that's not a typical Easter dinner type place, you should be fine. Remember that the majority of Disney guests (1) don't realize you can make reservations for restaurants and (2) don't realize you can make them six months in advance. Sure, it's a popular topic here and we have a lot of people on this forum but that's still a small percentage of Disney guests.