PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Upgrade?

Terk-1
09-19-2007, 07:35 AM
I could be completely wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that if you go during the free dining time period, you could upgrade from the basic to the deluxe for like $20 more a day. Is this correct? If so, how do you get this? What do you get for the extra $$?

kaytieeldr
09-19-2007, 07:49 AM
$32 per day.
The Deluxe Dining Plan.
See the Dining Plan message board for more information - there's one sticky thread ABOUT it, and one sticky thread to talk about it.

But you have to be currently checked in at a Disney resort during the booking period (aka, now through 9/28) in order to be able to reserve a package for next year.

Terk-1
09-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Is it worth the extra $32 a day for the upgraded dining or is the free dining sufficient?

TheRatPack
09-19-2007, 10:11 AM
You have to factor in that you'll have to tip at all 3 of those table service meals out of pocket now too. The dining plan does not include tips anymore....so with the regular plan you'll tip out of pocket once per day at your table service, with the new Deluxe plan you have 2-3 sit down meals per day that you'll be required to tip at (depending on how you use your credits, some meals require 2). So factor that in to the additional 32.00 per day to figure out if it would be worth it for your family :)

Meant to add that someone also said that the Dinner Shows do include tip so if you planned accordingly you could cut down on your tips if you saw a few of those with your table service credits. I think most dinner shows are 2 credits???