PDA

View Full Version : Hero Meal?

esk
09-18-2007, 01:35 PM
If I remember correctly, wasn't there a "Hero" character meal about two years ago with Peter Pan, Aladdin, Buzz Lightyear and Woody, and some other boy face characters?

DH, DS6, DD2 and I are meeting DSis, DNeph4 and DNeph2 at Disney and I just really think we won't get the 3 boys to go to a Princess Meal. Pooh is always a possibility, but none of them are really familiar with Mickey, Donald, Goofy and if I can find a face character meal they know, I'd like to.

Does anyone remember, and more importantly, know what happend to it?

Bob P
09-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi,

No, there was not. There has been much speculation over the years about a "hero" meal, and for a while it appeared there would be a Toy Story meal, but that got caught up in legal red tape and will not be happening.

lyzziesmom
09-18-2007, 03:28 PM
How about buying or renting a few DVDs featuring Mickey & the gang so that the kids will be familiar with them? I only have girls, but I've seen lots of boys at the princess meals too. The castle is a very cool setting and actually has a pretty masculine feel to it with all the dark colors and stained glass, and they hand out swords to the little boys and wands to the girls.

lunalibre
09-18-2007, 08:15 PM
My DS10 attended the Akershus Princess dinner with us in June without complaint. Not only that, we got some really good pictures of the princesses being sweet with him. :goodvibes Actually, he got WAY more into the characters than I would have ever expected (it was his first trip). By the end of our trip, he decided that Pluto was his favorite. Lucky for us we got Pluto's autograph at MK the last morning of our trip!

If you schedule Chef Mickey's or something for a few days into your trip, by then all the kids will recognize the "main" Disney characters. However, I wouldn't assume the boys wouldn't enjoy a Princess meal.

Mom2Evie
09-18-2007, 08:29 PM
What about Crystal Palace? Wouldn't it be easy to get them into Pooh & Tigger? Especially considering that they have a new show on Playhouse Disney right now.