PDA

View Full Version : What restaurant for dinner?

ohiosam74
09-18-2007, 05:53 AM
My family and I will be heading to Disney in 12 days and counting, we don't have any ADR's mainly because they don't fit into our touring style (and the fact that we are traveling with an 18 month old), but I was thinking of making one for one night. We haven't been to many of the Disney restaurants, but Ohana intrigues us so that is a definite possibility. Does anyone have any other comments, suggestions, ideas, etc.? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

:cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo:

mla2177
09-18-2007, 05:56 AM
I would recommend Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. It is a character meal and the food is themed towards Thanksgiving dinner. We just went a couple of weeks ago for the first time and were pleasantly surprised. Plus, there aren't too many kids who don't love mac and cheese or mashed potatoes!!!!!

rgf207
09-18-2007, 06:30 AM
We loved 'Ohana. We've also heard great things about Liberty Tree Tavern. Unfortunatly you will be there during free dining and these restaurants are very popular and very hard to get ADRs. I would suggest calling today and trying to get a reservation.

ohiosam74
09-18-2007, 07:00 AM
rgf207 - I believe that free dining is over on September 22, we won't be there until the first week of October so hopefully the restaurants won't be too crowded.

rgf207
09-18-2007, 07:06 AM
rgf207 - I believe that free dining is over on September 22, we won't be there until the first week of October so hopefully the restaurants won't be too crowded.
Oh gotcha. I thought it was over sometime in october. Maybe the 22nd is the last day to check in with free dining. That is how it was the past 2 years.

Good luck with your ADR's. I'm sure you will love them. After all, you'll be in DISNEY!!!! :)

disneyfan55
09-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Oh gotcha. I thought it was over sometime in october. Maybe the 22nd is the last day to check in with free dining. That is how it was the past 2 years.

Good luck with your ADR's. I'm sure you will love them. After all, you'll be in DISNEY!!!! :)

Yes, you are correct. The 22nd is the last day to check in to receive the free dining. I know for sure-we check in the 22nd for a weeks stay and have free dining. You can receive the free dining for up to 10 or 14 days I believe and I had also read here that UK visitors had a later date. I had a lot of trouble getting any decent hour reservations for that week and I made them in June when we booked the package. I have tried to change a few to more normal 6-7pm dinners to no avail. I will try today one last time for some changes. I would make a few reservations if you can if you really want to eat someplace. As far as Ohanas goes - we have a 9"30 on Mon the 24 and that was it for the week when we made reservations (5) and all the times I called nothing. Granted I didn't call every day but still no other times for the week!!