PDA

View Full Version : If you could only do one event at F&WF...

donaldsgal
09-17-2007, 10:09 PM
... which would you choose? Assuming money was not a problem (just have to work a couple of extra shifts to come up with it).

Also, assuming we aren't big drinkers but would be willing to try some things. Meaning, if the whole event is about the alcohol, no thanks, but if it's a wine pairing, that'd be okay (don't really see the appeal of wine but I've been told I haven't found a good one for me and haven't had good matches with my meals).

Thanks!

buzz5985
09-18-2007, 02:07 AM
When DH and I went - we wished we were able to get into the Samual Adams Beer tasting. Plenty of room for the wine tasting - but Sam Adams was sold out.

Mackey Mouse
09-18-2007, 02:23 AM
I voted for party for the senses, I thought it was incredible....something I am glad we took in when we went to the Food and Wine... it was nice to meet the chefs from various resorts and sample their cooking for this event.

donaldsgal
09-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks voters and posters! :thumbsup2

shellybaxter
09-18-2007, 08:15 PM
We are only going to one ticketed F&W festival event and we've chosen Sweet Sundays. Got to love those desserts

Tamar
09-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Here's a vote for PFTS. DH doesn't drink, but he loves to eat. I'm a seafood/vegetarian, so there are lots of offerings I can't eat, but I love to sample all the wines. It's an event we can both enjoy. Plus performers from La Nouba and very nice souveneir wine glasses.

yearbook50
09-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Chances are the EE is sold out, so I would go for the PotS.

kabuki
09-19-2007, 09:07 AM
DH and I have voted for PFTS! We are doing two this year and can't wait!

Ms.Mouse
09-19-2007, 09:33 AM
I think its better to sample booths as you go....

donaldsgal
09-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Here's a vote for PFTS. DH doesn't drink, but he loves to eat. I'm a seafood/vegetarian, so there are lots of offerings I can't eat, but I love to sample all the wines. It's an event we can both enjoy. Plus performers from La Nouba and very nice souveneir wine glasses.

That's good to know. We aren't big drinkers and were told that PFTS would be a bit of a waste if we didn't drink. I'm glad to know you don't find it a waste - we may reconsider. Thanks!

donaldsgal
09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Chances are the EE is sold out, so I would go for the PotS.

This is actually for 2008, but it's still good to know some events sell out early. Thanks!