PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Tutto Italia?

Doug7856
09-17-2007, 07:17 PM
For our November trip we wanted to have an Italian meal. I've read that Tutto Italia is replacing Alfredo's on a temporary basis, but when I call for reservations, I can't get any information on the new restaurant. Has anyone hear anything about Tutto Italia? Thanks for your help!

abk96
09-17-2007, 08:24 PM
I think they are only opening for Candlelight Procession Packages. We have an ADR for the end of Nov. for Tutto Italia with the package.

zddPaul
09-17-2007, 08:48 PM
I stopped by briefly today and it was open. I was in vacation mode and not in reporter mode so I'm sorry I don't have details but here is what I saw.

I looked very briefly at a menu and it looked very interesting. There were two options. One was a package deal that included two entree dishes and appetizer and dessert for a heck of a lot of money. It was $59 perhaps? You could also order off of the menu. They said that they did accept the Disney Dinning Plan but I don't know about restrictions.

I chatted very briefly with the girl at the podium. She said they just opened today and that the food was extremely good. She was a native Italian for what it is worth. They were full when we were there and were not taking reservations. She said that they would not be taking reservations for a while. I suspect that they are using it a bit as a release valve for folks who don't already have ADRs.

Sorry for not taking notes.

swim-mom
09-17-2007, 10:23 PM
That is great news!! I leave in the AM, and I loved eating at Alfredo's!

Now I just have to find the time to stop by and chow !!:):cool1: :cool1:

Doug7856
09-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks zddPaul! Sounds promising. That's great news.

kaytieeldr
09-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Now, isn't that funny. I spoke with a CM a few minutes ago who said that restaurant is only open in December for the Candlelight Processional Packages, and then after checking (at my "oh, I heard it opened yesterday" ;) came back on the line and said, "No, Alfredo's is closed". Go figure.

Thanks, zddPaul!

tkldisney
09-18-2007, 03:36 PM
I also called today about ADR for Feb. She said it would be open but they are not open to take any ADR's. I said something about it closing for remodel and then reopen in fall of '08 and she know nothing about that. She also said she was there yesterday and it was remodeled. :confused3 I'll just keep reading here & checking with DDining. We'll be there in Nov. so maybe I'll stop by to check out.

Doug7856
09-22-2007, 12:08 AM
For those interested, allearsnet.com is reporting that reservations will open on Sunday, September 23rd. Waiting for the menu, but I think we'll be there in November.

itchin2go
09-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Lunch Menu is posted on allears.net:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_itl.htm

A kids' lunch menu is posted over there as well.....

Ron from Michigan
09-22-2007, 07:52 AM
We may have to give it a try in December.

TAKitty
09-22-2007, 08:21 AM
I am looking forward to the dinner menu. I have the CP package here.

Valeep
09-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Just got off the phone with Disney Dining and the ADRs are now open. Lots of times available.:banana:

apirateslife4evr
09-22-2007, 10:09 AM
I was hoping that we could lunch there when we're at the WORLD in December, but their lunch menu is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for my pocket. Oh well......maybe on another trip. :confused3

Uncleromulus
09-22-2007, 10:26 AM
They almost look like dinner menu prices---

mom2aredhead
09-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Trying to see about making a dinner ADR for our Dec trip

The lunch menu looks good to me...I'm going out on a limb that the dinner menu will be similar

Update: ADR MADE for Fri 12/14

iloverags2
09-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Just made an ADR for dinner tomorrow! :yay:

bevypoo63
09-22-2007, 02:21 PM
I just made an ADR for dinner in Feb 08.

BelleBeast
09-22-2007, 03:41 PM
I just made our ADR for March - Spring Break!!

Muushka
09-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I hope this is just 1 TS. We reserved it for the CP and they (TS) are all accounted for!:santa:

easytoremember
09-22-2007, 06:39 PM
what is an adr? sorry for newb question

Donald is #1
09-22-2007, 06:53 PM
what is an adr? sorry for newb question

ADR= Advanced Dining Reservation.

You can make them 180 days before the dinner/lunch.

Micca
09-22-2007, 07:05 PM
ADR=advance dining reservation. Welcome to the Dis! :earsboy:

valandemmy
09-22-2007, 07:32 PM
YAY! i just made our ADR for dec. 10 we got in at 4pm for the candlelight processional package. i hope it is wonderful! i big puffy heart italian food:rotfl: any reviews yet?

DisneyLover75
09-22-2007, 07:57 PM
I made 3:45pm ADR for the CP on Dec 3. I hope it's good! I only saw the lunch menu, and I wasn't overly impressed, but it's the only place that could get us in that night for the Candlelight Processional.

RozaBlue
09-22-2007, 08:30 PM
I was very lucky to get to eat at Tutto Italia on their second night open which was 9/18/07. I should have kept the menu but I can say that it was unanimous in my party that it was EXCELLENT!!!! It was only one TS on DDP and was the best value on out 6 night trip which we just returned from tonight. Out party ate Lamb Shanks, Lasagna, and two cream pasta dishes with peas and pruscuitto. We had an antipasta platter which they tailored for four and my DS has pasta and meatballs.

Desserts were AWESOME. my DW and I had a zaglibone sorbet with berries and a cream sauce over ladyfingers that was the dessert highlight of the trip which we ate while watching illuminations from the sidewalk in front of Italy (not in the restaurant) with a light toy vendor who had a complete act he performed during illuminations my DS(6) is convinced this CM was controlling illuminations

I know people loved the prior restaurant but this is a big improvement.

Doug7856
09-22-2007, 08:48 PM
I just made my ADR for November 16th. Can't wait to try it out!

mom2aredhead
09-23-2007, 06:30 AM
I was very lucky to get to eat at Tutto Italia on their second night open which was 9/18/07. I should have kept the menu but I can say that it was unanimous in my party that it was EXCELLENT!!!! It was only one TS on DDP and was the best value on out 6 night trip which we just returned from tonight. Out party ate Lamb Shanks, Lasagna, and two cream pasta dishes with peas and pruscuitto. We had an antipasta platter which they tailored for four and my DS has pasta and meatballs.

Desserts were AWESOME. my DW and I had a zaglibone sorbet with berries and a cream sauce over ladyfingers that was the dessert highlight of the trip which we ate while watching illuminations from the sidewalk in front of Italy (not in the restaurant) with a light toy vendor who had a complete act he performed during illuminations my DS(6) is convinced this CM was controlling illuminations

Thanks for the review - we're looking forward to it!

mom2aredhead
09-23-2007, 06:30 AM
Just made an ADR for dinner tomorrow! :yay:

Come back and let us know how it is...and steal a menu if you can!

gatour
09-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Deb's site has the lunch menu posted and it is now the most expensive restaurant inside EPCOT Center, at least for lunch. I compared the prices to Le Celliar, Chef's De France and Rose and Crown, just to be sure my initial impression was correct.

ElizabethB
09-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Yep, rivals NYC in price. As with many restaurants in WDW now, it only makes sense to eat there if you're on DDP. As one poster said, this restaurant is now the best bargain in Epcot if you're on DDP. However, if you're paying OOP . . .

Besides, I hate family-style Italian. Isn't it enough that WDW already has lots of "put it all in the middle of the table and let the family dive in"-type retaurants.

Bring back Alfredo's! I hope all of those on these boards who trashed Alfredo's mercilessly (until apparently WDW listened and took action) will be happy with what they got in its place.

DisneyLover75
09-23-2007, 07:42 AM
I can't tell you how sad I am about Alfredo's. That was some seriously good food.

As far as ElizabethB's post.. I hope that they didn't close Alfredo's because of what people have said. I heard that the contract between Alfredo's of Italy and WDW Epcot was due to expire on Sept 1, 2007, and despite Disney's efforts to renew, an agreement could not be met.
It was my impression that the owner of Alfredo's was not willing to renew.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Allison
09-23-2007, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=ElizabethB;20947903Besides, I hate family-style Italian. Isn't it enough that WDW already has lots of "put it all in the middle of the table and let the family dive in"-type retaurants.

[/QUOTE]

From looking at the menu, it is not all family-style Italian. You can choose that but it's not the only option.

CarolMN
09-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Deb's site has the lunch menu posted and it is now the most expensive restaurant inside EPCOT Center, at least for lunch. I compared the prices to Le Celliar, Chef's De France and Rose and Crown, just to be sure my initial impression was correct.
The dinner menu is up now -
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_itd.htm

It does seem expensive, and we're not on the DP this time. We're going to give it a try at the end of October, anyway.

ElizabethB
09-23-2007, 09:41 AM
I heard from a very well placed source in a position to know that WDW made it very clear to Alfredo's that renewal was not an option.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
09-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Wow! the family style meal would be over $200 for our family of 4. I guess if we want Italian we will not go to Epcot!

luvpooh
09-23-2007, 11:24 AM
wow - that's steep
so 2 new Italian restaurants (this and Il Mulino) and they're priced along the lines of the 'Signature' Restaurants.
IMHO, I'd rather pay to eat at CA Grill, Flying Fish, or Citrico's b/c I can't a) make that kind of food at home or b) get it in almost every restaurant in my town!

MinnieGirl33
09-23-2007, 11:44 AM
$24 for lasagna ??? :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I don't think so....

Don't even want to think about pricing once the "signature" restaurant opens next year.

DisneyLover75
09-23-2007, 11:56 AM
I heard from a very well placed source in a position to know that WDW made it very clear to Alfredo's that renewal was not an option.

I got my info from a CM. I called to voice my displeasure over the imminent closing of Alfredo's and the story I got was that Disney wanted to renew and Alfredo's didn't.

Personally, I don't especially care WHY, I'm just really really mad that it closed.

I am afraid to deem anything my favorite anymore, because it always seems to CLOSE! First Alfredo's and now Concourse. :sad1: :sad2:

mdhkitten
09-23-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm just heart broken because now there's no fettuccini alfredo, my favorite!! :(

Tinkerbelle32
09-23-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm very bummed about this as well! I was really hoping to try this out in Jan., but not at these prices.:eek:

KristenHoneymooner
09-23-2007, 04:04 PM
:eek: definitely priced like a signature restaurant!! Is it going on DDP as a 2 credit TS?

DisneyLover75
09-23-2007, 04:26 PM
:eek: definitely priced like a signature restaurant!! Is it going on DDP as a 2 credit TS?

Not so far... I just booked ADRs yesterday for this place, and it's one TS, even for the Candlelight Processional. It is, however, a tier 3 restaurant.

travelmel
09-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Not so far... I just booked ADRs yesterday for this place, and it's one TS, even for the Candlelight Processional. It is, however, a tier 3 restaurant.

Meaning that the DDP will cover only...? what are the tiers?

For what it's worth (and I know it's worth nothing to most:rotfl: ) I think ALL the TS rest at WDW are frighteningly overpriced :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: I'm not bitter, I swear! I'm glad that so many can afford it. I just don't know HOW :confused3 and even more confusing is that they are able to go so often! But, again, I'm glad for them. I grew up on Disneyland and it's a beautiful thing.

The prices still scare me. :scared: That's just me. :cool2:

Looking forward to my crack at the world!
Melissa

MOM POPPINS
09-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Just called and got the Candlelight for Decebmer 17th! We are excited to tryout this new restaurant. I agree the prices are a bit high. I was wondering once the new DDP goes in effect in 2008 if you will still be able to order the family style meal?? I doubt it but wondering nonetheless! :)

MOTHERGOOSE3
09-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Just got off the phone and made adr for Dec . CM said good that you called just started taking ADR's yesterday and will probably go fast. THANKS for the info dishers.:yay: :yay: popcorn::

Paul in CT
09-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Lunch Menu is posted on allears.net:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_itl.htm

A kids' lunch menu is posted over there as well.....

A very pricey lunch menu.....!!!! :( It must be very good. ;) I hope that they take the DDE card.

Paul in CT
09-23-2007, 07:13 PM

I don't think so....

Don't even want to think about pricing once the "signature" restaurant opens next year.

Ditto!!! At these prices, I will be sticking to the true signature restaurants like FF, CG, Narcoosssees, etc. that are also expensive, but not for pasta.

IMHO, the food at Tutto Italia will have to be EXCELLENT or it will not be that popular at those prices except for the DDP.

PatriciaH
09-23-2007, 07:45 PM

I Agree. We got to eat there on the 15th for a cast thing. It was great. The carpet is much cleaner (maybe new) and the tables have much more space between them now. The food is a step up from Alfredos for sure.

blanq
09-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I am excited that WDW Dining has begun to take ADRs here. I decided to switch our ADR from Chefs de France to Tutto Italia for our trip next month. I had no problem getting the date/time I wanted. I agree that the prices seem outrageous, but for those of us on the DDP, this looks like a rockin deal for 1 TS credit!

DisneyLover75
09-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Meaning that the DDP will cover only...? what are the tiers?

For what it's worth (and I know it's worth nothing to most:rotfl: ) I think ALL the TS rest at WDW are frighteningly overpriced :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: I'm not bitter, I swear! I'm glad that so many can afford it. I just don't know HOW :confused3 and even more confusing is that they are able to go so often! But, again, I'm glad for them. I grew up on Disneyland and it's a beautiful thing.

The prices still scare me. :scared: That's just me. :cool2:

Looking forward to my crack at the world!
Melissa

The tiers separate the disney restaurants into categories. When you look at the DIS page for the Candlelight Processional, it gives which EPCOT restaurants are in which tier. Tier one is the least expensive (but expensive nevertheless) and tier three is the most expensive.
Regarding pricing and all, yes, I agree with you. I save up all my extra money just to go once a year, and my family thinks I go way too often. However I come to this board and see the people who come three or four times a year and I'm happy for them, but also jealous. LOL! :rotfl:

java
09-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Holy smokes those prices seem steep to me- $10 for a side dish? And $60 for a family share type meal per person(My 10 and 13 year old would be at that price) Um that's not happening.
I am anxious to hear if the food is worth it. The menu seemed limited but again it has only just begun. Anxiously awaiting reviews!

iloverags2
09-24-2007, 07:25 AM
A very pricey lunch menu.....!!!! :( It must be very good. ;) I hope that they take the DDE card.

My daughter and I ate at Tutto Italia last night, and they do not take DDE.

Having said that, this was one of the best meals I have ever had at WDW (and this is my 46th trip so I have had many meals there!). My daughter had the Ligurian Trofie Pasta for dinner, and it was out of this world delicious! I had the Lasagna al Forno. This was one of the best lasagna's I have had. What made it so good was the sauce. Instead of it being a heavy tomato-paste sauce, it was more of a stewed/crushed tomato sauce which kept a normally heavy meal on the light side. The meat was also excellent. My daughter, who does not eat meat in her lasagna, took a taste and loved it even. For dessert my daughter had the Gianduja Chocolate Gelati. If you like dark, cocoa-y chocolate, you will love this! Incredible. I had the Mocha Tiramisu, which was excellent. We both agreed it was a wonderful dinner!

Yes, it is definitely on the pricey side, but in my opinion it was worth it compared to what we have eaten and paid at other WDW restaurants!

Rocktire
09-24-2007, 07:27 AM
I went out to dinner in NYC recently, with 9 adults to an Italian, "family style" restaurant....We got 4 appetizers to share, 4 entrees, and 3 bottles of wine...so much food we couldn't even finish it....came out to $450.00 including tax and tip....the same scenario at Tutto Italia would have been aprox. $540.00...plus drinks and tip!...holy smokes....because I'm from the New York metro area, where everything is generally pricey, the prices at Disney have never phased me....until now....From my previous food experiences at WDW, that's way too much...jmo

mom2aredhead
09-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Holy smokes those prices seem steep to me- $10 for a side dish? And $60 for a family share type meal per person(My 10 and 13 year old would be at that price) Um that's not happening.
I am anxious to hear if the food is worth it. The menu seemed limited but again it has only just begun. Anxiously awaiting reviews!

Ditto!!! At these prices, I will be sticking to the true signature restaurants like FF, CG, Narcoosssees, etc. that are also expensive, but not for pasta.

IMHO, the food at Tutto Italia will have to be EXCELLENT or it will not be that popular at those prices except for the DDP.

wow - that's steep
so 2 new Italian restaurants (this and Il Mulino) and they're priced along the lines of the 'Signature' Restaurants.
IMHO, I'd rather pay to eat at CA Grill, Flying Fish, or Citrico's b/c I can't a) make that kind of food at home or b) get it in almost every restaurant in my town!

I don't think so....

So glad to see everyone keeping an open mind....

rlduvall
09-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Just got an ADR for 12/8/07 at 5:15 p.m. CM said times were wide open that night. Wonder if the Family Table is available under the DDP? The CM did mention that it is a 1TS credit under the DDP. Seems like a great deal for using DDP - but very overpriced if OOP.

minie_meese
09-24-2007, 09:10 AM
I went out to dinner in NYC recently, with 9 adults to an Italian, "family style" restaurant....We got 4 appetizers to share, 4 entrees, and 3 bottles of wine...so much food we couldn't even finish it....came out to $450.00 including tax and tip....the same scenario at Tutto Italia would have been aprox. $540.00...plus drinks and tip!...holy smokes....because I'm from the New York metro area, where everything is generally pricey, the prices at Disney have never phased me....until now....From my previous food experiences at WDW, that's way too much...jmo

I go to NYC quite a bit and have been to a number of really good Italian restaurants there including a few family style. I agree with the poster. Additionally I feel the prices for other menu items on the menu are at least as much or more than some of the really good Italian restaurants I've been to in NYC that have impeccable service, atmosphere, large and interesting menu and excellent quality. Given my experience with Disney restaurants - some really good, many so-so, none among the top restaurants I've been to, I am not rushing to Tutto Italia any time soon.

I don't look at this as not keeping an open mind - I just look at this as something beyond whay my already stretched Disney budget can handle. There will probably be plenty of people who will be willing to spend this, I am just not one of them.

BroadwayGirl
09-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Well, anything has got to be better than Awful Alfredos...

BCV23
09-24-2007, 09:48 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm glad to see the first reviews are so positive. We've been looking forward to another option in WS as Alfredo's was off our list for perhaps the last 15 years. My DH loved the signature dish so from the time Epcot first opened we had dinner there most trips until one night when we had the absolutely worst service we have ever had anywhere. It was so abysmal we never returned and still laugh about it. Considering this was in the good old days when WDW CMs were magical across the board, it was really an experience to remember! So for us, it was if there was this big empty spot in Epcot.

Anyway, I do agree the prices seem rather high but especially the family price. Who in their right mind would pay as much as ordering a la carte while reducing their individual choices.:confused3 Around here, the few places that offer family platters do so at a reduced price as it has to be simpler and in the long run cheaper for the restaurant.

my3disneygirls
09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
The dinner menu is up now -
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_itd.htm

It does seem expensive, and we're not on the DP this time. We're going to give it a try at the end of October, anyway.

Holy crow! $24.00 for antipasto.:scared1: Too rich for my blood.

i3utterfli82
09-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Gosh, I am so tempted to cancel Ohana for this place!

Oogie-Boogie
09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Anyone posted any photo's for Tutto's yet?

pumpkinfish
09-24-2007, 05:16 PM
A great review with pics has been posted at Allearsnet:

http://www.allearsnet.com/blogs/lindamac/2007/09/tutto_italia_restaurant_opens.html

ETA: I just canceled an ADR for Ca Grill 10/17 @ 5:40pm if anyone wants it. DH and I have decided to give this place a shot...since we don't know when we will be doing DDP again I thought "Why the heck not?!"

Sylvanas
09-24-2007, 05:46 PM
I was excited to hear a new Italian place was going to open at Italy, because I thought Alfredo's was dreadful. But I think this place is overpriced. No lasagna is worth $24 a serving IMHO.

ElizabethB
09-24-2007, 06:11 PM
I just read the linked review -- not exactly a resounding rave. It includes phrases like "I asked for extra sauce which improved the lasagne". The prices seem totally outrageous to me (and I live in NYC!). The reviewer does say the portion of lasagne was huge, so I guess DH, if we try the restaurant, will share. She raves about the dessert -- again $10 but a large enough portion to share.

In any event, I will most definitely miss the fettuccine alfredo from Alfredo's which was always, always superb. Oh well.

By the way, DisneyLover75, my source for the information that Alfredo's wanted to renew and WDW refused to let them, was one of the restaurant managers at Alfredo whom DH and I know well. I think that information is more reliable than what you got from a CM who answered the phone and was clearly just parroting the WDW "spin".

I was disappointed to see Alfredo's go, and, based on the review, I just read, there's nothing to get too excited about with its replacement.

Oogie-Boogie
09-24-2007, 06:24 PM
If the prices are considered with each plate as a 'Family Size' meal, like Buca di Beppos or other Italian restaurants do it?

Thx for the review link! My DS12 looked at that and opted for it over Coral Reef for our Candlelight package night, just based on the deserts! :) Plus he's a pasta fiend, that one..

Paul in CT
09-24-2007, 06:27 PM
My daughter and I ate at Tutto Italia last night, and they do not take DDE.

Having said that, this was one of the best meals I have ever had at WDW (and this is my 46th trip so I have had many meals there!). My daughter had the Ligurian Trofie Pasta for dinner, and it was out of this world delicious! I had the Lasagna al Forno. This was one of the best lasagna's I have had. What made it so good was the sauce. Instead of it being a heavy tomato-paste sauce, it was more of a stewed/crushed tomato sauce which kept a normally heavy meal on the light side. The meat was also excellent. My daughter, who does not eat meat in her lasagna, took a taste and loved it even. For dessert my daughter had the Gianduja Chocolate Gelati. If you like dark, cocoa-y chocolate, you will love this! Incredible. I had the Mocha Tiramisu, which was excellent. We both agreed it was a wonderful dinner!

Yes, it is definitely on the pricey side, but in my opinion it was worth it compared to what we have eaten and paid at other WDW restaurants!

With no DDE accepted and these prices, it appears that Tutto Italia will be great for the DDP, especially if it is only a one TS credit. Thanks for the info on DDE and review of the food.

english rose 47
09-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Trying to see about making a dinner ADR for our Dec trip

The lunch menu looks good to me...I'm going out on a limb that the dinner menu will be similar

Update: ADR MADE for Fri 12/14

The dinner menu is up too! Question is the $59.95 for the table or each?

Rustysmom
09-24-2007, 09:34 PM
And $12 for a cannoli! I could get a box full of really good ones from my local Italian bakery.:lmao:

DisneyLover75
09-24-2007, 09:39 PM
In any event, I will most definitely miss the fettuccine alfredo from Alfredo's which was always, always superb. Oh well.

By the way, DisneyLover75, my source for the information that Alfredo's wanted to renew and WDW refused to let them, was one of the restaurant managers at Alfredo whom DH and I know well. I think that information is more reliable than what you got from a CM who answered the phone and was clearly just parroting the WDW "spin".

I was disappointed to see Alfredo's go, and, based on the review, I just read, there's nothing to get too excited about with its replacement.

Yep, that sure sounds more reliable to me. I always ordered the fettucini alfredo too. I loved it. It was the best I've ever had. I liked each and every course at Alfredo's. I am so incredibly disappointed that it closed.

And I am NOT happy about the menu at the new place.

You know, when I'd called, it was to complain about the closing of Alfredo's, and I was asking to talk to a manager or someone higher up than whoever was answering phones, and that's when they gave me that line about it being Alfredo's idea to close.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR That irritates me now.

I miss Alfredo's. I'm going to be super salty when Concourse closes too. I pressed a CM for that info too, and they still denied that it's due to close.

Apparently this board is way ahead of the CMs. :rotfl:

CPM
09-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Those prices are just crazy.

Tagliatelle Egg Pasta with meat ragu Bolognese $25 ??

This is pasta with meat sauce! Is there gold in there?

las3888
09-24-2007, 11:36 PM

An open mind? yes. An open wallet for these prices? No!

Really, DH loved Alfredo's, I was so-so about the place. We were both interested in trying something new but no-can-do at these prices. We are generally not dining-plan people either. I am hoping it will change soon so we can afford it.

Uncleromulus
09-25-2007, 03:59 AM
With those prices and no DDE, not likely I'll be going there anytime soon--

CarolMN
09-25-2007, 04:15 PM
With those prices and no DDE, not likely I'll be going there anytime soon--I didn't know they don't accept DDE. I'll be canceling our reservation.

MOM POPPINS
09-25-2007, 04:55 PM
I would not cancel just yet... I read somwhere that someone was allowed to use it although I cannot find the post at this time... :)

MOM POPPINS
09-25-2007, 05:14 PM
I didn't know they don't accept DDE. I'll be canceling our reservation.

This review was found on laughing place :

"A couple of hours after returning home we got a call from a friend at Epcot who said the new Italy restaurant was open. So out we headed for our first experience at Tutto Italia Ristorante. The new restaurant is run by the Patina Group. They run a number of restaurants at Disneyland's Downtown Disney but this is their first restaurant inside a Disney park. Right now the restaurant looks pretty similar to how it did as Alfredo's. It was only down for a short time for this change. After the new year it'll go down for an extended refurbishment and reopen again towards the end of 2008 with a new name and a new look.

First the good:

The service was excellent!
The freebie appetizer is great. A couple of varieties of bread plus marinated olives, garden vegetables pinzimonio relish, eggplant relish and olive oil dipping sauces.
The desserts were awesome! I had the ricotta cheesecake and Rebekah had the cannoli. Both were amazing!
The so-so:

The entrees. My dish was very good. Rebekah's dish was just ok as was the mozzarella and tomatoes which is key for us at an Italian restaurant.
The not-so-good:

The prices. Dinner for three with a soup, two salads, three entrees, three desserts and five non-alcoholic specialty drinks was $175 before Disney Dining Experience discount and tip. And all the entrees ordered were vegetarian. Seemed a bit steep to me.
The verdict...
If the price were lower or the entrees better it might become a favorite because the desserts are so, so good. And it's important to remember, this was only its second day of operation. So we'll definitely be trying it again after they've had a chance to settle in. It's not a bad addition to the World Showcase, just not as good as I was hoping for (and hopefully it will become)."

Review listed in link below and pictures are in the 2nd link.

http://www.laughingplace.com/Blogs/Doobie/View-127.asp

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-471.asp

:thumbsup2

kandb
09-25-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm cancelling our ressies at Coral Reef for Tutto Italia. We're on the ddp so I don't care that the prices are high and it's only 1 TS. Looking forward to it, we thought Alfredo's was the worst restaurant on our last trip. Linda

chocovrdmicears
09-25-2007, 05:23 PM
We ate there Monday night the 18th. They were not taking ADR's only walk in. We were seated within 10 minutes. Everything looks the same as before except the tables are much more spread out now. Service was excellent...very quick!
The brought a lovely veggie platter with olive oil and pesto and a basket of really yummy bread. I had the mixed green salad which was very fresh with yummy dressing... except it had the raw veggie (the name escapes me now) that taste like licorice :eek: (ick). My dh had the tomato/mozarella stack which he thought was excellent. Both my kids had a bowl of pasta with sauce on the side and the ate every bite. My husband had the Penne Caprese and he loved it. I had the lasagne and it was absolutely fabulous. One of the best I have ever eaten. My kids got antsy so I left with them before we had dessert. :sad2: But my husband came out after paying the bill with 4 cannollis to go! He ate one when we got back to the resort and another one with coffee the next morning and he loved them!
I have absolutely no idea as to what the cost was as we were on the DDP...:confused3 but seeing all the previous posts regarding the prices it looks like the DDP here is a very good value! :goodvibes

MissyDVC
09-25-2007, 05:30 PM
We ate there Monday night the 18th. They were not taking ADR's only walk in. We were seated within 10 minutes. Everything looks the same as before except the tables are much more spread out now. Service was excellent...very quick!
The brought a lovely veggie platter with olive oil and pesto and a basket of really yummy bread. I had the mixed green salad which was very fresh with yummy dressing... except it had the raw veggie (the name escapes me now) that taste like licorice :eek: (ick). My dh had the tomato/mozarella stack which he thought was excellent. Both my kids had a bowl of pasta with sauce on the side and the ate every bite. My husband had the Penne Caprese and he loved it. I had the lasagne and it was absolutely fabulous. One of the best I have ever eaten. My kids got antsy so I left with them before we had dessert. :sad2: But my husband came out after paying the bill with 4 cannollis to go! He ate one when we got back to the resort and another one with coffee the next morning and he loved them!
I have absolutely no idea as to what the cost was as we were on the DDP...:confused3 but seeing all the previous posts regarding the prices it looks like the DDP here is a very good value! :goodvibes

Great review:thumbsup2 Glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait to try it on 12/1:santa:

pumpkinfish
09-25-2007, 08:39 PM
I would LOVE to see some pictures of the foods here if anyone has any!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

eta: mompoppins, just saw your thread and review, thanks for the input!

Uncleromulus
09-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Well-one person in the thread says DDE wasn't accepted--and it appears one person was allowed to use it. Let's hope with these prices it IS accepted.

BCV23
09-26-2007, 07:10 AM
Since a manager needs to sign off on DDE, I feel rather confident that it is accepted.:thumbsup2

In the first few months it probably behooves anyone who is refused the DDE discount to request their server check with a manager.

Quicklabs
09-26-2007, 03:38 PM
I cancelled our Spoodles ressie for 17 December for Tutto! THe menu looks very interesting, but waaaaaaaaaaay pricey without the DDP. So that helped me resolve my "To DDP or not to DDP" question once and for all.

PrincessAlways
09-26-2007, 08:09 PM

Glad to hear your positive review! We have our Candlelight Processional ADR scheduled at Tutto. Looking forward to it!

Pirates4me
09-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Reviews and pix would be nice

my3disneygirls
09-27-2007, 08:30 AM
I had the mixed green salad which was very fresh with yummy dressing... except it had the raw veggie (the name escapes me now) that taste like licorice :eek: (ick).

Fennel. I have tried to like it, but it's just not happening.

disneyfreak7
09-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Would love some pictures and more reviews. We have Candlelight processional booked for 12/16 at Tutto Italia.

ParkPrincess
09-27-2007, 09:26 AM
I just made my reservation!! So excited!!!

If anyone has any food pics, I'd love to see them. I saw the restaurant pics on allearsnet.

MissionMouse
09-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Looks like their testing the waters to see what tourist are foolish enough to pay. It also could be the initial start of a process to "force" more guest to use the DDP. Time will tell.

Rocktire
09-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Looks like their testing the waters to see what tourist are foolish enough to pay. It also could be the initial start of a process to "force" more guest to use the DDP. Time will tell. Just what I was thinking.

Dawn414
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I just got off the phone with ADR...I was calling to make reservations for donald's Safari Brkfst (which replaces Breakfastasauros) and she suggested Tutto Italia. She said the food was amazing so I said, what the heck...we have the DDE so I REALLY hope it is accepted.

Dawn McG