PDA

View Full Version : how bad is disney dinning now?

KYCruiseCrazy
09-17-2007, 02:31 PM
now that food is free is the service getting better or worse same? how bad a the wait times? hows the food? any current pics of full or empty dinning would be nice. TIA

Mom2Evie
09-17-2007, 02:51 PM
We had to wait at least 20 minutes past our reservation time at most places this past week. We always tried to check in 15-20 minutes before our allotted time too. The worst wait was Coral Reef but they warned us when we checked in that they were running about 30 minutes behind. This allowed us to go ride Nemo and come back around our reservation time, saving us having to wait a full 50 minutes. Akerhaus had a 15 minute long line just to check in at the poduim for breakfast on Saturday morning. The best was Crystal Palace and Tony's. In both locations we checked in about 10 minutes early and were taken in right on time.

Tony's had lots of tables availabe when we were there for lunch. I was greatly disappointed that during free dining, Tony's chose to eliminate the lunch menu and serve from the dinner menu all day long. The waiter said they were anticipating busier than usual meal times & opted to not "change out" the kitchen between lunch & dinner.
I only have pictures of my food, not the dining room. Sorry, but all the other places were PACKED: Concourse, Akerhaus, Crystal Palace, Coral Reef & 50s Prime Time.

Aye Sea Turtles
09-17-2007, 03:05 PM
We did lunch at Chef Mickey's on the 14th and breakfast at Chef Mickey's on the 16th. Both times we waited less than five minutes for our table, and our service was excellent both times by the way.

lustergirl
09-17-2007, 03:08 PM
now that food is free is the service getting better or worse same? how bad a the wait times? hows the food? any current pics of full or empty dinning would be nice. TIA

Does it make a difference if the food is free or not- it really doesn't. The restaurants are usually full if the customers are paying or not. There are still only a selected number of reservations being taken per restaurant and the lists don't grow because there is the free dining promo being offered right now. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Maria395712
09-17-2007, 03:10 PM
that's good to hear some places not to bad. how were the parks and ride waits
maria

mrzrich
09-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Wow I got back last night and my experiences were the polar opposite of the above poster.

All Star Music CS- was not that busy. I usually stay at POP and I was amazed at how this smaller food court seemed so much less crowded.

Chefs De France- checked in 4:45 for 5:00 ressie- seated in 5 minutes. Server Yvan was excellent.

Kona Cafe- Checked in 6:50 for 6:40 ressie due to over napping :goodvibes. Waited about 15 minutes. Our service was a little less spectactacular, but it was just our server. I asked another server for a refill and got it immediately. I think our server was just a little forgetful. Not horrible though, just not as good as the night before.

Concourse Steakhouse- Checked in at 5:15 for a 5:30 ressie and seated in what had to be less than 10 minutes. DS wanted a penny from the penny machine by the elevator so we got that while waiting and then DH wanted a drink from the Outer Rim. As he got up to the bar to order the buzzer went off.

Service again was excellent. My Filet ordered Medium rare came out Mooing, but it was quickly fixed and all was well.

Boma- Breakfast ressie 9:45 AM. We woke up to check out, clock said 8:00. I sprang out of bed, woke up family, got all showered dressed, finished packingand were ready to get out the door. DH picks up his watch off the table and says "what time is our ressie?" I say "9:45" he says "We have two hours!" Called Disney dining who said there were no earlier ADR's available.

DS 4 had been messing with the clock the night before and must have set the clock ahead 2 hours. Which means we went to bed at like 8:30 the night before! I knew it didn't feel like 10PM!

Anyway we took a breather, meandered down to the car and packed it, drove around to the front of the resort where I had them remove my one day base tickets from my KTTK for future use. We then drove over to AKL and arrived at Boma at 9. Told the CM we were early. She said "No problem!" We were seated in less than 5 minutes.

Service was excellent, as was the food. We didn't care for Boma for dinner, but loved it for breakfast.