PDA

View Full Version : Citricos or California Grill??

Pocahantas
09-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Looking to add one more resturant to our list for October. Both Citricos and California Grill are available for our date but I don't know which to choose. We have eaten at California Grill a couple of times and love it but would also like to try Citricos since we have never been there. Which would you choose???

Tamar
09-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Citricos is fine, but I much prefer the atmosphere and menu at Cali Grill.

Pakey
09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
I have eaten at both at least 3 times and I would say that Ca Grill beat Citrico's each time. Citrico's is quieter but the food at Ca Grill is much better and the menu has a greater variety.

GinnyFavers
09-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I've been to CG enough times now, that I sympathize with your wanting to try something new. Every time I pass Citrico's in the GF, I think, wow, what a pretty restaurant, and I want to eat there.

I think I'd go with Citrico's, but start another thread and ask for precise menu suggestions. And then ask your server what's good.

disneyfav4ever
09-17-2007, 06:52 PM
I like the atmosphere better at California Grill, and the service too. As far as the food goes it was very good at both locations, except I was dissapointed with the dessert at Citricos. My all-time favorite appetizer at the moment though is the gateau of crab at Citricos, (I'm not sure that I spelled that right.) The service seemed kind of stuffy at Citricos as well.

That all being said, if you've never been to Citricos, I'd go there.

micmacmissy
09-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Citricos. We found Cali Grill to be overcrowding, loud, and rather looong...the food was great, but Citricos was just more enjoyable.

Pocahantas
09-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Well, we ended up picking Cali Grill because they had a late ADR time available that would allow us to see HalloWishes during dinner :cloud9:!! We just couldn't pass that up. We'll just have to try Citricos another day.

Thanks everyone for your input!!!

septbaby
09-17-2007, 08:22 PM
If you want Wishes and to try something different I'd suggest Narcoossee's at GF. It wasn't one of your original choices so I stayed silent, but now I can't hold it in anymore! We had an outstanding experience there at the end of August for an arrival night dinner.

- Birthday button was ready and presented to my nephew (6yo bday)
- Menu was personalized "Happy 6th Birthday Zeke"
- I had our ressie noted, but did not request anything, nephew kept asking how'd they do that? Disney magic baby :thumbsup2
- Meals and service were fantastic, substituted scallops for turf in surf and turf, our server would say yes before we could complete the request!
- Saw not only Wishes, but Electric Water Parade from the restaurant or deck

Check the menu for your own preferences and search the board, you'll find a lot of positive comments on this one. Our menu recommendations: YOAMD Cheesecake dessert(taste and presentation), scallops, crab cakes, (lobster is a given to be good there).

Sorry if you have already checked this ADR off your things to do list. It was so good I just had to put it on the table! ;)