PDA

View Full Version : Any Use Calling back

surfer_ed
09-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Looking for some ADR for upcoming trip mid October. Nothing is left from an ADR standpoint I am interested in. I am wondering if there is any use calling back a few times to check in case somebody cancels.

Anyone ever have anything open up for them as the time approaches???

pugluver31902
09-17-2007, 09:36 AM
I would definitly keep calling. Lots of things open up as people change thier minds or have to cancel thier trips. You can also check the official cancel and transfer thread where people will transfer the reservations they dont want over to your name.

kaytieeldr
09-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah, absolutely call back! Somebody posted at 1:58 yesterday that they called for a reservation at Prime Time for 9/23, and the CM told them there were a 'whole bunch' available. It therefore appears - deductive reasoning ;) that more reservations must/may become available one week in advance of the desired date.

karebear1
09-17-2007, 10:00 AM
DEFINETLY call back. When I called last week to confirm my ADR's, I was able to snag a ressie at Le Cellier for my trip next week . I'd been trying for quite a while and there was nothing available... unitil last Friday that is!

PrincessHope84
09-17-2007, 10:25 AM
I totally agree with what everyone else said. Call back. Even try calling back a couple times throughout the day. I did that and I secured all of the ADR's that I was wishing for. I even got a dinner reservation for Le Cellier. So I would definitely call as many times as you can! Good luck!!!! :) :)

DisneyBarlans
09-17-2007, 12:20 PM
On our last trip, we couldn't get an ADR for Crystal Palace, so I kept calling back at least once a week, and two weeks before the trip someone cancelled and I got in. Especially the closer it gets to the trip, people start switching around and cancelling.

MickeyNicki
09-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Keep trying, I just booked a Kona dinner last night for our trip in 3 weeks (YAY!) and they had every time you wanted open. We also secured a Le Cellier dinner (admit this is a fluke), CP breakfast, Cape May breakfast, Boma breakfast and dinner and a Kona breakfast with no prob, any time we wanted was open.

disneyfan55
09-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Keep trying. I haven't been having any luck in getting a few changes since we booked very late dinners a few nights due no availability. I'm going to call one more time to see. We will arrive on Sat and would like O'Hana's on Sun somewhat earlier than our 9:30 reservation. Good Luck!!

corgi_monster
09-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Keep trying!

I called 3 days ago to change some ADR's for 9/21 - 10/2. Most of the restaurants had several slots available and I was given my choice of seatings. We are a party of 2 and we are willing to eat at any available time. Most of our ADR's our after 8:30pm. I realize this might not be suitable for families with children.

ILoveDisney&Cruising
09-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Definitely keep trying!

ZoZo
09-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Another vote for trying again! I'm leaving on 9/29 and could only get an 8:55 pm dinner reservation at Kona the night of our arrival. I wanted an ADR closer to 8:00, and called two days ago. I got an 8:15, which should be perfect!

As others have said, people's plans change all the time and it's worth trying.

magic kingdom park
09-20-2007, 05:54 PM
been trying all week to get le cellier and nothing, called tonight just for the heck of it and wow!!!! 7:30 ressies for my Oct. 28 trip:banana:
keep trying everyday maybe even twice a day.

mazdabug
09-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Tried to switch from Le Cellier to Coral reef the other day Nothing available. But i was able to snag a 8:15am at CRT.

Mr. Stitch
09-21-2007, 06:10 PM
I have been calling twice daily if not more for a week for a last minute dinner res at 1900 Park fare, no luck yet, hoping for something when we arrive tomorrow!

pta-mom
09-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Absolutely call back...often! Our flight was cancelled today so we had to than cancel our reservation at 6:10 for Boma (I'm sure that made someone happy!!); at the same time, because of really wanting Boma, we were able to re-book for next Saturday at 8:10 (later than normal but yet still available) but that meant we had to give up Hoop-de-Doo Revival......so, as of today, someone calling wanting tier 2, at 7:15 on Saturday, Sept 29, got it.

Things happen, things change, reservations get cancelled...don't give up!

Mr. Stitch
10-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Just got back! For anyone still interested in this thred. We never got through via phone. However, when we arrived aat the concierge they had openings like you would not believe. If you can not get through on the phone before you leave on your trip check when you check in. I think they reserve some reservations for when folks are on property. There were several reservations available for 1900 Park Fare when we got there. It was great, by the by. I wilbe posting a trip report as soon as we get settled. Just got in at midnight last night.

skiingwife
10-03-2007, 10:48 AM
I just cancelled dinner at Ohana on 10/18. I would keep calling too.