PDA

View Full Version : Magic atmosphere

KiKi Mouse
09-17-2007, 09:55 AM
My DH wants to have a nice sit down dinner somewhere in WDW. We will have our DD9 and our 10mth baby with us so we aren't looking for something intimate/romantic. We would like to find something that has decent food but most importantly some pixie dust atmosphere. Coral Reef looks interesting and I think DD9 would enjoy the fish. Any commentary on this restaurant? Feel free to offer suggestions. This is our first trip and we do not know what to expect.

pugluver31902
09-17-2007, 10:41 AM
I dont have any great suggestions, but since you are already in the 180 day time period for making reservations, you had better hurry up and make them if you want to get certain places! Since it is your first trip you probably didnt know that, but people literally mark thier calanders for the 180 day time mark to get thier reservations, wait to long and nothing will be available, and many people have no luck trying to be a walk up. Good luck though!

Coral Reef has mixed reviews. People seem to either love it or hate it. My husband and I leave tomorrow and we are going to try it anyways. It looks like fun! If the castle is available, which it probably isnt since you are past the 180 day mark, but no harm trying, that is a great semi romantic, but still for kids place to eat dinner. My husband and I loved it.

MsLeFever
09-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Do you know where you'll be the day you have this meal? Do you want to sit or eat at a buffet?

MsLeFever
09-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Another thought for what it's worth...

We loved the California Grill. We had a table where we could watch the fireworks and see the castle. Although it was a "fancy" restaurant, the place was also very kid friendly. I highly recommend it.

carrie s
09-17-2007, 04:09 PM
We went to coral reef and we loved it.The kids really had fun watching the fish.The food was good.

KiKi Mouse
09-17-2007, 04:25 PM
I made reservations for Coral Reef but couldn't get a time when the divers are there. :(

carrie s
09-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Heres a picture of coral reef

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd213/tcjj/wdw785.jpg

mslclark
09-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Are you looking for a meal inside one of the parks or at one of the resorts?

There are different types of "magic" at Disney restaurants. I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Kona Cafe. Boma is a favorite of ours because I love the entire AKL resort! Chef Mickey's would have plenty of character magic for your kids.

Have you checked the menus at allearsnet.com? You can read through the menus of every Disney restaurant. That might help you decide.

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm