PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having trouble with MyPoints?

PrincessKitty1
09-14-2007, 04:41 PM
I have to email them to get them to award points on my purchases about 50% of the time. I'm used to that.

But this summer, I made a large purchase (laptop computer) from Dell during Double Points, and they WILL NOT award me the points. They haven't said "We will not reward you the points;" instead, they keep putting me off and putting me off.

I bought the computer July 29th and emailed MyPoints 30 days later (since I know they make you wait 30 days before they award points). They emailed me back saying the points would not be awarded until August 31st.

SInce they had not been awarded by Spet. 4th, I emailed them again. They emailed me back saying the points would be awarded within the next 5 to 7 days.

I emailed them again yesterday, and they emailed back that they would award the points in one to two weeks and "email us in two weeks if you haven't been awarded the points." I am so aggravated!

Is there a better points program than MyPoints?? Their point accounting system is so sloppy, I would happily switch if there are better options.

rflorek
09-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I know that if you have a cookie from shopping at a site already on your computer that was not obtained through My Points, and then you shop through My Points, their points won't credit about 90% of the time.

Good luck - that would be a lot of points!

jessica52877
09-14-2007, 05:13 PM
I Don't use mypoints much for purchases, but I do like ebates, it is cash back and a much better rate. I do use mypoints for clicks in emails and for ebay since they are not on ebates. I had a hard time getting points too and never got them for our mucho expensive carseat! Still makes me mad if I think about it. I get a $15 GC about every 3 months just doing emails.

PrincessKitty1
09-14-2007, 05:26 PM
I Don't use mypoints much for purchases, but I do like ebates, it is cash back and a much better rate. I do use mypoints for clicks in emails and for ebay since they are not on ebates. I had a hard time getting points too and never got them for our mucho expensive carseat! Still makes me mad if I think about it. I get a $15 GC about every 3 months just doing emails.

Thanks. I'll check out ebates and maybe just continue to do the mypoints clickthroughs, like you do.

I make a fair number of purchases online and definitely take points into consideration when I choose merchants.

M 'n C
09-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Check out www.***************.com I never use mypoints now that I have found SR. :)

staceyfe
09-14-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't use them real frequently, but I've never had a problem at http://creationsrewards.net. You simply email them your shopping confirmation and have points within a day or two. Very easy.

aka-mad4themouse
09-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm going to move this over to the rewards board. There are a lot more people over there who are active in a number of rewards and GPT programs. You should get some good suggestions from them.

My personal experience with MyPoints is that if you contact member services thru the link in your account statement, you'll be more successful in getting action. If there is a need for follow-up contact, use the same method but include the reference number that they send you in the automated email that responds to your complaint.

I've never been refused credit by MyPoints as long as I was able to provide a confirmation email for a purchase made thru them. I have had to fight for my points a couple of times but they've always been awarded to me eventually.

tcmata
09-14-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm having trouble with them on a reversal that they did. We purchased a computer from CompUSA and another one from HP. We received credit through Mypoints for both. We returned the computer from CompUSA but when they did the point reversal, they reversed the HP order (which of course was 2,000 points higher). I sent an e-mail explaining the problem through the transaction on my account. I received a canned response explaining that reversals occur when you return the order to the merchant. Well, I know that!-I'm not disputing the reversal but rather the amount they chose to reverse! Now I am getting the run around on it and have sent them the confirmations and tracking. It has been a long frustrating process.

PrincessKitty1
09-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks, everybody. I went ahead and signed up with Ebates. I'll continue to pursue my double points with MyPoints, and I'll still do their click-throughs, but I'll start making all my purchases through Ebates. :thumbsup2

bartleby1
09-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks, everybody. I went ahead and signed up with Ebates. I'll continue to pursue my double points with MyPoints, and I'll still do their click-throughs, but I'll start making all my purchases through Ebates. :thumbsup2

Good choice! I haven't shopped through mypoints in a really long time because I got tired of having to track down my shopping points. I probably wouldn't have minded so much if their payouts were really good, but most of the time, their shopping credits are worth less than most other sites. Ebates tends to have very competitive rates and I've never had trouble getting credit through them. Just be sure to clear cookies before shopping thru ANY site. I also like shopping through *************** and quickrewards. Both have incredible customer service.

Good luck!

Disneefun
09-15-2007, 05:04 PM
I had the same problem you did with the double points, and I finally got them yesterday. They did what happened to you... credited me half (after I complained) and said the other half would post after aug 31. Well, last week still no credit, so I sent them another email, explaining what had gone before and that I still didn't have the other 1/2. Got an email saying it would be longer than usual for a reply, they were researching and busy, blah, blah. Then yesterday, as I was about to write them again, I got an email from them saying they'd given me the other 1/2. Sure enough, they did. All I can tell you is keep complaining and keep sending your confirmation and previous communication and they'll probably get to it one day.

goin2disneyagain
09-16-2007, 12:43 PM
I always have trouble with the double point offers. They never seem to give them to me. They can be so irritating. :headache:

PrincessKitty1
09-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I always have trouble with the double point offers. They never seem to give them to me. They can be so irritating. :headache:

Yes, and when I initially emailed them, they had awarded single points already; they immediately SUBTRACTED the single points upon receiving my first email and have awarded a big fat zero points to me for my purchase. I will give them the two weeks they are demanding but I will not ever again shop through MyPoints.

FloridaGrandma
09-16-2007, 06:57 PM
I now do almost all of my online shopping through QuickRewards. I seldom have a problem getting points and credits and when I do have a problem, Dmitry emails me with a personal response.

I think that QR has the best customer service of any rewards program!

There are a couple of threads here with complimentary things to say about QR.

Try QR for money back on shopping. You'll be glad you did!

FloridaGrandma

Kycha
09-16-2007, 09:44 PM
I avoid shopping on Mypoints like its the plague. I can't even get them to credit the free stuff correctly. I'm not going to risk shopping credits.

M 'n C
09-16-2007, 10:38 PM
I avoid shopping on Mypoints like its the plague. I can't even get them to credit the free stuff correctly. I'm not going to risk shopping credits.

Me too. There are a few places that no one else has and I will suck it up and shop through MP but those are getting few and far between thank god!

MommyBoo!
09-18-2007, 09:29 AM
If you have a upromise account, they have some of the harder to find shopping sites.

I haven't had any problems with stuff crediting from mypoints. Fatwallet is another site like ebates and they are pretty good too. They have some great fourms too.

PrincessKitty1
10-10-2007, 08:50 PM
OP here. After dragging their feet for almost 2 1/2 months. MyPoints is now refusing to award me Double Points for the laptop I purchased from Dell, stating "you did not make a purchase during DoublePoints." This is after I forwarded my confirmation email AND their own site has recorded the clickthrough.

I've emailed them back asking what further proof they need, but I'm wondering if anybody has a phone number for them or if anybody has other ideas. Thanks!