PDA

View Full Version : SW Indiana; NW Kentucky; SW Illinois New Poll!

amyhughes
09-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey All!

Thought I would see if there are any folks on here from the Tri-State. I am in Evansville, IN myself and thought it would cool to get together and realize there are DIS members here around us!

Let me know!!:goodvibes

Alesia
09-12-2007, 09:11 PM
I live in Evansville, too :goodvibes

diz_kid 777
09-12-2007, 10:26 PM
I used to live in Evansville, but recently moved to St. Louis.

SnowWhite33
09-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi, I'm in KY!!!

amyhughes
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi everybody! Sorry it has taken me awhile to post back but real job has called and I have had to devote quite a bit of time to it and also being a Mom!

If you all want to put a link in your siggys that would be great to get the attention of other folks who are from the area.

I thought once we got 10 or so people we could schedule a DIS meet up!

TinkAsh2001
09-13-2007, 02:33 PM
wow! I am in Henderson, KY! I work in evansvilel though! So gald I found this thread!

TinkAsh2001
09-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Hi everybody! Sorry it has taken me awhile to post back but real job has called and I have had to devote quite a bit of time to it and also being a Mom!

If you all want to put a link in your siggys that would be great to get the attention of other folks who are from the area.

I thought once we got 10 or so people we could schedule a DIS meet up!

How do I get the link in my siggy?! Sorry new to the signature things!

amyhughes
09-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi TinkAsh,

You highlight the link above, then when you edit your siggy you simply write the text you wish to appear, click on the hyperlink and paste in the link frm our page. YOu can put Tri-State meetup or whatever you choose!

TinkAsh2001
09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Ok there is no hope for me...Didnt get it to work. It just put the link and text both on there!

Rellim
09-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Wow! We're from Evansville, now living in Chicago. It's a small world after all!!

amyhughes
09-13-2007, 05:21 PM
It's a world of laughter a world of tears... :scared1: Now it's stuck in my head!

How are things in the windy city treating you?

Rellim
09-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Fall has begun up here! It's actually chilly in the mornings and winter last FOREVER up here. I hear Evansville has been having a drought lately. All of our family still lives there so we visit several times a year.

amyhughes
09-13-2007, 06:17 PM
It definitely has been DRY around here. We had a snap of cooler weather this week so here's hoping we get some rain out of it. All of the farmer's I work with are really worried about their corn.

Rellim
09-13-2007, 10:04 PM
So did you grow up in Evansville or move there? I grew up around there but have been gone for about 5 years now. We talk about moving back sometimes.

I was reading your pretrip report. I think you will love DVC and never want to do regular resorts again. That's what happened to us. Where are you staying?

amyhughes
09-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I have lived here most of my life. I did move away for a short time to work at WDW, but I missed my Grandma too much!

We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas! I have always wanted to, but it was way out of our price range! This way with renting we will spend the same as we did on renting a house but be on Disney Property. I am really pushing DH into it!

Rellim
09-14-2007, 10:02 AM
That's so cool that you worked at Disney. I've always wondered if the magic would be lost if you were a cast member. What did you do there? We always talk about retiring there.

My parents stayed at the Boardwalk and absolutely loved it. That will be great with kids I think.

We are leaving for WDW three weeks from tomorrow!! I'm getting really excited now. I think the planning and anticipation is as much fun as being there.

simzac
09-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Hi there fellow Evansvillians. DW and myself are both originally from Evansville, both grew up on the west side, both went to Reitz, although 7 years apart. We moved up to the Indy area back in 88 and still live there. Glad to see there are other DIS board regulars from Evansville.:goodvibes

amyhughes
09-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Well Hi you Panthers!

Bulldog here! But I did spend a semester at Reitz in my Senior year and really liked that school! I was involved with their speech team greatly!

USA41018
09-14-2007, 06:16 PM
I live in Northern Kentucky which is the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky tri-state area. We will be in Disney December 16-21. Can't wait for the Christmas activities.

K and K's Mommy
09-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi fellow Hoosiers! I am in Indianapolis. I've actually never been to Evansville, but Simzac I grew up in the hills between Martinsville and Greenwood. Lots of my high school friends are now in Greenwood.

TinkAsh2001
09-14-2007, 09:58 PM
The company I work for has a store in Greenwood! GFS!:cool1:

my2boysrtwicethefun
09-15-2007, 04:38 PM
:wave2: I live in Northern Ky. The Vanceburg area. We will be in Disney over Christmas. Our dates are Dec. 17-27.

bnf2
09-17-2007, 12:09 PM
I live in Northern Kentucky which is the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky tri-state area. We will be in Disney December 16-21. Can't wait for the Christmas activities.

:wave2: I live in Northern Ky. The Vanceburg area. We will be in Disney over Christmas. Our dates are Dec. 17-27.

Hi fellow No.Kentuckians! We're also going in December!!! December 15-22 to be exact... looks like we should plan a No. KY Dis meet while we are there! Oh, by the way- I'm in Florecene (used to teach in Edgewood though- at Hinsdale.)

NUguyinCrew
09-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Just thought Id subscribe to this board also to see where everyone is from...DW and I live in Champaign-Urbana, IL.

And we leave FRIDAY for Disney!! Woohoo!

sunsprinkle24
09-17-2007, 12:45 PM
I live in Kentucky...just outside of Owensboro. :wave2:

Flyingmonkey
09-17-2007, 02:39 PM
:wave2:

Hi All!

I was born in and grew up in Evansville and went to Reitz my freshman year
('78-'79). GO PANTHERS! Then we moved to North Carolina and I have lived here ever since. Isn't it about time for the West Side Fall Festival? Sure do miss those Pronto Pups!

-April :)

amyhughes
09-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Yes in fact Fall Festival is October 1-6th! I swear it off every year then I end up there somehow gorging!

This year I have an excuse as we will be working in a booth for my older son's school! Anyone have any requests? Corn Fritters? Elephant Ears? Pronto Pups?:cool1:

USA41018
09-17-2007, 04:37 PM
OMG we live in Edgewood. Our kids went to Hinsdale. You Live in Florence!!! This is so amazing.

We have to get together for lunch or something. We are on the dining plan and have our reservations made. Let me know what your plans are and maybe we can have a Northern KY meeting for at least a snack or a ride or something.

I am a grandma now but I am bringing a 21 year old son who went to Hinsdale and then Turkeyfoot and then Covington Catholic and now a senior at NKU. He still lives with us and we do a lot together. He is the youngest of my children. But my older ones went to Hinsdale also. When were you at Hinsdale.

Hope to talk with you soon.

amyhughes
09-17-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm getting that warm and fuzzy feeling inside!:goodvibes

TinkAsh2001
09-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Yes in fact Fall Festival is October 1-6th! I swear it off every year then I end up there somehow gorging!

This year I have an excuse as we will be working in a booth for my older son's school! Anyone have any requests? Corn Fritters? Elephant Ears? Pronto Pups?:cool1:

I cant wait until the fall fest! I always do the craft fest at Audubon Park & Ellis then we go to the fall fest for lunch!:yay: What booth will you be at? I will come buy something to support them?!

bigkid@disney
09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Was reading the thread and had to jump in!

I grew up in Southern Illinois. I live in Illinois, just outside of St. Louis and work over in St. Louis. :thumbsup2

We will be in Disney from December 15th -22nd. It's our first time there during the Christmas season and are very excited. :dance3:

mrsksomeday
09-18-2007, 01:41 AM
We live in Southern Illinois, my dbf grew up in the Washington/Vincennes Indiana area. Nice to meet my fellow Midwestern Disser's.:yay:

mickeydreams
09-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Sorry, I am a few days late, is it too late to join?! I just found this thread. I am so happy that there are other Hoosiers on here I can talk with and hopefully meet up with!
I live in Henryville, Indiana. About 45 mins from Evansville and 20 mins north of Louisville, KY. We travel to Evansville a bit to shop!
What is the "siggys"?
Are any of you familiar with Pin trading? We love to trade. We started in 2005 and have been hooked ever since! My mother-n-law and her sister and my husband and I, all do it! My husband and I thought this was silly and we would never do it, but it is so much fun!!
I have a 15 month old son, who we have started a collection for as well.

mickeydreams
09-18-2007, 05:52 PM
We have been in December in the past and it is just wonderful! Don't forget to go to all the resorts as well to see all of the Ginger Bread Houses! They are huge and all are completely eatable!

amyhughes
09-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Welcome to our new posters!

It certainly is never too late to join this board!

mickeydreams, we'll be going next November right at the Christmas Decor goes up! :cool1: So Disney gets to kick off our Christmas!

mickeydreams
09-18-2007, 06:05 PM
That's awesome! You will love it! How often do you and your family go?
Any word on the DISmeet?

TinkAsh2001
09-18-2007, 06:57 PM
I am all up for the meet! I think it would be fun! Also, I am VERY addicted to pin trading one of my favorite things about disney! :banana:
I just wish I knew where all the good single prince charmings are in this town..Lol!

dpcheercoach
09-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Can I join in too? I mostly enjoy reading posts...how I found this one...but I guess I am too intimidated to join in on many. So many good writers and then those who seem to bash each other kinda scares:scared1: me. Maybe I will fit in here and become more comfortable.

Anyway, I am from Southern Illinois too and live about an hour from Evansville. We go there often for shopping, eating out, etc. I actually lived in E'vill and went to USI many moons ago. I have family (in-laws) and some friends there too.

We were at WDW in June and planning to go back in May of 2008. I wish I were going for Christmas too, but not in the budget:sad2: Maybe another year.

Those of you form Illinois do you mind saying what town? I live in Fairfield.

TinkAsh2001
09-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Just wanted to say WELCOME from henderson, KY!:banana:

mrsksomeday
09-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Those of you form Illinois do you mind saying what town? I live in Fairfield.

I don't mind, we are from Carbondale, IL :wave2: .

bigkid@disney
09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
I know where Fairfield is located. :goodvibes

I grew up in Steeleville, IL and remember many fun Friday and Saturday nights in Carbondale. :dancer:

I currently live in Fairview Heights, IL.

It truly is a small world sometimes. :grouphug:

sarcasticblonde
09-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Born and raised in Harrisburg, Illinois. 22 great years there. Living in Chicago with my fiance now.

Spending September 30-October 5 in WDW...October 4th we will be at MNSSHP.

TinkAsh2001
09-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Born and raised in Harrisburg, Illinois. 22 great years there. Living in Chicago with my fiance now.

Spending September 30-October 5 in WDW...October 4th we will be at MNSSHP.

Hope you have a GREAT time! Cant wait until my trip only 191 days!:cool1:

medicgirl911
09-19-2007, 12:29 AM
We are from the Illinois, near Peoria!! We will be in WDW 9/28-10/2!
Glad to hear from some other Midwesterners!

DJT
09-19-2007, 07:23 AM
I live in New Albany, Indiana, which is directly across the river from Louisville, Kentucky. It's about two hours from Evansville. DH and I will be at All Star Sports from December 8th - 15th. I'm already very excited about the trip. Come to think of it, I guess I stay excited about Disney! :cool1:

I need to also add that I am addicted to pin trading!

blbh23
09-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Hey Medicgirll911 I'm from Peoria too! Actually East Peoria near Washington! We will be there 9/30--10/7 See ya there!!! :goodvibes

big4bball
09-21-2007, 12:35 PM
This is awesome!!:cool1: I live in Livermore,KY just south of Owensboro. I am glad to know there are (as my wife says)"Disney Freaks" close to home. I don't feel as lonely now. :goodvibes We will be there on Nov.3rd to Nov. 7th.:wizard:

mrsksomeday
09-21-2007, 01:20 PM
This is awesome!!:cool1: I live in Livermore,KY just south of Owensboro. I am glad to know there are (as my wife says)"Disney Freaks" close to home. I don't feel as lonely now. :goodvibes We will be there on Nov.3rd to Nov. 7th.:wizard:

We will be at Pop Nov. 3rd to Nov. 13th!! I can't wait, it is getting so close :woohoo:.

shep
09-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Lots of familiar places here.
I live in Independence.
Is there any meet setup yet?

USA41018
09-24-2007, 02:25 PM
We live in Edgewood, you're in Independence - that's just down the road. We will be in WDW December 16 - December 21. When are you going? Our party consists of myself, my DH and youngest son who lives with us - 21years old!! Sorta an adult trip. Let us hear from you.

Linda

pednurse
09-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Hello, all! Living in Lafayette, IN, now (grew up near Indy). Nice to see all the "local" DIS folks on the board. :thumbsup2

shep
09-24-2007, 04:29 PM
We live in Edgewood, you're in Independence - that's just down the road. We will be in WDW December 16 - December 21. When are you going? Our party consists of myself, my DH and youngest son who lives with us - 21years old!! Sorta an adult trip. Let us hear from you.

Linda

I was just wondering if there was going to be a meet in the tri-state area..
Not sure when we will be going back down.

amyhughes
09-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Well, October is out for me! Sorry but every weekend is FILLED now! November anyone???

TinkAsh2001
09-24-2007, 05:28 PM
I am up for a meet anytime..Any one have a place or anything in mind so we can get the groud rolling?!

amyhughes
09-24-2007, 05:31 PM
I know that Biaggis, Longhorn and Turonis have areas that they can seat large parties in that are removed from the general seating area.

TinkAsh2001
09-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Pizza is always good. Lots of people like it! Turonis is good and not that expensive?!

TinkAsh2001
09-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Could we maybe make a poll for everyone to vote between a few places?

amyhughes
09-24-2007, 06:05 PM
I can add a poll if folks will tell me their preferences on towns or eateries, it's up in thread tools!

bnf2
09-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Lots of familiar places here.
I live in Independence.
Is there any meet setup yet?

Linda

Hi Linda :wave: Been away from my computer for a few days. Still looking for my yearbook from Hinsdale- I'm nearly certain your DS was in my class while I was student teaching... many moons ago!!

Welcome Shep! I'm in Florence and there's another gal on here is from Vanceburg (my2boysrtwicethefun- page 2) I know 2 other ladies in the NKY that are Disers... sounds like we should have a NKY meet!

Anyone up for setting up a meet in the Florence/Crestview Hills area?

TinkAsh2001
09-24-2007, 07:10 PM
How about Golden Corral in any town
Moonlite in Owensboro
Turonis in Evansville

anymore suggestions?!

kgilchri
09-25-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm from Bloomington, but I thought I'd stop in and say hello anyway. We're getting all geared up for our first trip to WDW during Christmas time. My sister and I are really excited. My dh...not so much. I figure I have about 80 some days to make him excited! :laughing:

my2boysrtwicethefun
09-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Hi Linda :wave: Been away from my computer for a few days. Still looking for my yearbook from Hinsdale- I'm nearly certain your DS was in my class while I was student teaching... many moons ago!!

Welcome Shep! I'm in Florence and there's another gal on here is from Vanceburg (my2boysrtwicethefun- page 2) I know 2 other ladies in the NKY that are Disers... sounds like we should have a NKY meet!

Anyone up for setting up a meet in the Florence/Crestview Hills area?

:wave2: My grandmother lives in Florence. Florence is about 1 hour & 1/2 from where I live. :)

bigkid@disney
09-28-2007, 10:36 PM
We're getting all geared up for our first trip to WDW during Christmas time. My sister and I are really excited. My dh...not so much. :laughing:

I see your staying at POP in December. We will be at POP December 15th through December 22nd. :dance3:

When are you there?

It's our first trip during the holidays! Last trip was for Halloween and had a blast.

USA41018
09-29-2007, 07:01 AM
Big Kid, we will be at the POP December 16-21. It will be myself, DH and DS. Maybe we will see each other.

kgilchri
09-30-2007, 07:48 AM
I see your staying at POP in December. We will be at POP December 15th through December 22nd. :dance3:

When are you there?

It's our first trip during the holidays! Last trip was for Halloween and had a blast.

Maybe we'll see you down there. We'll be there from December 13-19. Are you doing MVMCP? We'll be at that on 12/18. I can't wait!!!

bigkid@disney
09-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Maybe we'll see you down there. We'll be there from December 13-19. Are you doing MVMCP? We'll be at that on 12/18. I can't wait!!!

That's the night we are going. We received our tickets in the mail last week. :woohoo: First thing we've received "officially" which means it's getting closer.

It's our first and probably only trip in December, so I'm hoping to get it all in and then some. I think I'm more excited then the kids. :yay:

Once I decide how we are decorating the windows, I'll post it here. We have two rooms, so I'm trying to think what I can do with both of them. :confused3

TinkAsh2001
09-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Guess what? I got to make our ADR's this morning! Just wanted to share what we got!
Friday 3/28- Arrival DTD Dinner at Planet Hollywood
Saturday 3/29- MK Breakfast at CRT @ 8:05am
Sunday 3/30- Epcot Dinner at Le Cellier @ 6:40pm
Monday 3/31- MGM Lunch at Sci-Fi Drive In @ 11:30am
Tuesday 4/1- MK Breakfast at CP @ 8:05am
Wednesday 4/2- AK, DTD Dinner at 1900 Park Fare @ 5:00pm
Thursday 4/3- Departure

TheBeadPirate
10-01-2007, 11:33 AM
I live in Henryville, Indiana. About 45 mins from Evansville and 20 mins north of Louisville, KY. We travel to Evansville a bit to shop!

I live in New Albany, Indiana, which is directly across the river from Louisville, Kentucky.

Hey ya'll! I grew up in Sellersburg and DH and I are moving back there next month! DH grew up in Northern KY- went to Covington Catholic many, many moons ago! We also lived in Indy for 10 years before coming to New Orleans. I'm looking forward to being back home again!

We'll be at WDW Dec 20-27. Our third Christmas there at Wilderness Lodge Villas!

Just wanted to say Howdy Ya'll!

kgilchri
10-01-2007, 11:52 AM
That's the night we are going. We received our tickets in the mail last week. :woohoo: First thing we've received "officially" which means it's getting closer.

It's our first and probably only trip in December, so I'm hoping to get it all in and then some. I think I'm more excited then the kids. :yay:

That's great! My sister printed out our tickets and we were so excited. It definetly made it feel more official. We were so giddy. Each day we send each other countdowns of the time we have left before the trip. :laughing:

DJT
10-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey ya'll! I grew up in Sellersburg and DH and I are moving back there next month! DH grew up in Northern KY- went to Covington Catholic many, many moons ago! We also lived in Indy for 10 years before coming to New Orleans. I'm looking forward to being back home again!

We'll be at WDW Dec 20-27. Our third Christmas there at Wilderness Lodge Villas!

Just wanted to say Howdy Ya'll!

Welcome home!! :goodvibes

Indianadisneyfan
10-02-2007, 06:26 PM
WOW I have all kinds of people around me on these boards. I live in New Washington, Indiana of course. Where were all these people when I had a DIS meet and only 2 family's showed up besides me and my DGF.

shep
10-08-2007, 11:19 AM
WOW I have all kinds of people around me on these boards. I live in New Washington, Indiana of course. Where were all these people when I had a DIS meet and only 2 family's showed up besides me and my DGF.

Sorry noone showed up.
We would typically try to come to meets depending how close they are & if we have prior plans or not...we are usually booked up every weekend

chamonix
10-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Hi all, we're in Carbondale, IL (the capital of southern Illinois, lol). ;)

I noticed someone upthread is in Livermore KY--my dh is from Island, and lived in Livermore too, for awhile.

mrsksomeday
10-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Hi all, we're in Carbondale, IL (the capital of southern Illinois, lol). ;)

We are from Carbondale too, what a small world!!

heath-and-javens-mom
10-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey Im in!! I live in terriable Haute, In,:lmao: So cool that you started this thread...a meet would be awsome!!! We just returned home from disney a few weeks ago and I have met alot of really nice people and I was suprised at how many are from right here in this area!!!

May I ask a favor? that you pray for a dis friend of mine, she is from the Evensville area and was just in a car wreck last week and her 16 mo. old son was killed....can you all visit her pre trip (if you havent already) and share a thought or a prayer for her....her pre trip report is called ~Winklers see the world~She is unavaliable to post right now because both her and her husband are still in the hospital. Thank you for any prayers offered!! Any additional info on this accident is on page 17 and 18 of my TR (link in my siggy).

Again- cool Idea for this thread...:thumbsup2 Hope to eventually meet up with you!!!!

heath-and-javens-mom
10-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Whered everyone go? Did I scare you all off:goodvibes

amyhughes
10-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Here just was up until 5:30 in the a.m. painting our great room! :faint:

Now I am researching for fireplace installation contractors. :coffee:

Basically there are still parts of my skin that are "Popcorn Kernel" yellow and every muscle on my backside HURTS! But the room looks awesome!

Welcome to the thread by the way!:flower3:

Mickeefan
10-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi! I live south of Indianapolis, but if it fit into my schedule, I'm not opposed to driving down for a DIS meet. Have any decisions been made as to location or date?

abcboys
10-16-2007, 08:37 PM
I'll join!! I live in So. Illinois in Mt. Carmel. It's about 45 or so minutes from evansville. Someone mentioned they live in Fairfield and I have an aunt and uncle that lives there so that's pretty cool!!

TinkAsh2001
10-16-2007, 08:50 PM
who wants to help plan the meet?! I will help if someone else will to?!

amyhughes
10-16-2007, 09:28 PM
I can help plan it! If we could by chance do it either in November or December that would work best for me as October is SHOT! Every weekend we have something going on! Also if we do it close to the holidays we can do an ice breaker of a Secret Mickey! :cool1:

TinkAsh2001
10-17-2007, 07:03 AM
i cant in octcober either or the first weekend in november...Would a wednesday night work or do we want a weekend?!

amyhughes
10-17-2007, 08:30 AM
It really is up to those travelling a distance, as far as I am concerned. It seems with the amount of folks on here we have from all over Evansville might be the "Hub". And no I'm not saying that cause I live here!

I drive everyday 150 miles round trip so if I need to drive that is fine by me, but I would ask that it's on the weekend so that I can arrange childcare, etc.

heath-and-javens-mom
10-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Evansville is good for me. weekends are best for me, but I will try to do whatever. there is no way to meet everyones needs, so just set what you can and Im sure as many people that can will make it.:goodvibes

I am about a hour and a half from Evansville....I will actually be driving down there tommrrow for my friends babys funeral services (viewing)...so sad!

mommymcqueenof3
10-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi,
I am from Southern, IL. I live just outside of Omaha. It is about 45 minutes from Evansville. I go there a lot to shop!! It would be great to meet all of you.

TinkAsh2001
10-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Ok so lets set it for a Saturday. Now do we think November or December?! Should we take a poll?!

amyhughes
10-17-2007, 09:45 PM
I'll set it up on the thread.

We are thinking:
Evansville on a Saturday

Questions:
Evening or Afternoon

Do a Secret Santa (Secret Mickey) if it is in December?

TinkAsh2001
10-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Im for the secret Santa. I voted for it. I say we should do a late afternoon.

amyhughes
10-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Do you want me to add that as an option?

TinkAsh2001
10-17-2007, 10:09 PM
It doesnt matter that will be fine. Then once we give the poll a couple days we can do another on what day is best! sound good? Any other questions just PM me!

CastlesNCoasters
10-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Hi

we are in Bloomington, IN ..we have been to the "World" 5 years in a row, couldn't make it this year though, goin in 08 can't wait!
love the DIS, best WDW site on the web :wizard:

TinkAsh2001
10-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Glad to have u on the board! Welcome!:cool1:

kgilchri
11-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Hi

we are in Bloomington, IN ..we have been to the "World" 5 years in a row, couldn't make it this year though, goin in 08 can't wait!
love the DIS, best WDW site on the web :wizard:

Welcome! We're from Bloomington as well.

iluv2go2disney
11-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Just wanted to say HELLO to my fellow Kentuckians. I am on the other side of the state- Greenup, Ky. I am from Northern Ky, though. (Cynthiana - it's near Lexington). It's fun to see there are so many people from the same area. Hope you have a great Dis meet.

dcrouch
11-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Was reading the thread and had to jump in!

I grew up in Southern Illinois. I live in Illinois, just outside of St. Louis and work over in St. Louis. :thumbsup2

We will be in Disney from December 15th -22nd. It's our first time there during the Christmas season and are very excited. :dance3:

I grew up in Metropolis, IL. My oldest son still lives there! GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

We are heading to Disney next December (first time at christmas..) I cna't wait.. :santa: :santa: :santa:

jwann
11-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey friends - I just found this thread.
I'm in Murray, KY and I LOVE the DISboards (and Disney, of course)!

dcrouch
11-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Hey friends - I just found this thread.
I'm in Murray, KY and I LOVE the DISboards (and Disney, of course)!

Are you kidding? I work in Murray. I'm a teacher at CCMS. We are taking a trip with our entire family next Christmas to Disney, guess who they put in charge? I've been spending a large amount of time planning.

You wouldn't happen to have any points to rent would you? I'm getting ready to rent from someone on the boards, which is quite nerve-wracking. Renting from someone you do not know....

amyhughes
11-15-2007, 07:44 PM
I actually have some advice to give on renting DVC points. DO IT! But there are some steps to take to insure your purchase is done right and most importantly so that you don't arrive at WDW expecting a resort room and be looked at confusedly!

1. Demand references.
2. Pay with PayPal or some other secure payment method that helps protect against someone taking your money and not fulfilling their end of the bargain. Most folks will charge a 3% surcharge b/c they get hit with a fee. But it is worth the peace of mind.
3. Prices should not be above $13 a point. I got outrs for 10-11 a point. Anything over $13 a point in a long term purchase is a rip off.
4. Your renter should work with you on reservations (provide you a room reservation code), Magical Express, Dining Reservations, and Room Preferances.
5. Constant communication is absolutely key in these relationships! Before you pay a dime make sure you a have a rental agreement and that you each have a copy of the agreement and the payment schedule and any penalties for late or missed payments. This is a business transaction, and if you protect yourself in a manner like this it will help to protect your vacation.

Hope This Helps!
Amy

jnccb
11-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Hello Everyone!

I just found this thread. I live in Washington, Indiana. I grew up in Terre Haute and lived in Evansville for a short while. I am glad to find some other Disney fans in Indiana. Our next trip is Jan 22 and I can't wait. It should be fun to chat with other in the area.

Nikki

momsgoofy
11-18-2007, 10:23 PM
dcrouch, mommymcqueenof3, abcboys, bigkid@disney, mrsksomeday, chamonix, dpcheercoach, and sarcasticblonde...ya'll will know where I'm located. :goodvibes

I've been in Herrin for 6 years, which is 10 miles east of Carbondale...Go Dawgs! :thumbsup2 DH and I are both originally from Murphysboro, which is 7 miles west of Carbondale.

Evansville is just a hop, skip and a jump away for me...I'm 10 minutes off of Interstate 57 (Marion, IL) and then it's 40 minutes to Mt. Vernon and Interstate 64 and about another hour and I'm there. I know there is another way to go on the backroads through Harrisburg, but the bridge into Indiana has been out of commission since the one in Minnesota collapsed so can't go that way now.

I'd be up for a DIS meet! Shopping in Evansville is pretty good so make a day of it I say. ;)

Our next trip to WDW is a "grownups only" one...January 5-10. We had some DVC points that we needed to use so as DH said, we hafto go. :p Then we're going back March 10-14 for spring break. Our DS's high school marching band (Carterville) is marching before the afternoon parade in MK on March 13. We offered to chaperone, but DS said we've done our share already. :hug: So, it'll be grownups only again. I have to tell ya...the grownup only trips have been harder to plan than the ones with DS. :rotfl:

Nice to see so many folks from the Tri-State area!

TinkAsh2001
11-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Hello to the ones who just found the board! Glad you guys are here! This is week is going to be like heck! I have to work all week due to Thanksgiving but I am off Thursday and Friday (MY Christmas Shopping Day) Yes, I am one of the ones out at 3am or before to shop until about 10pm. My sister, My mom and I get 70% of our shopping done this day! I am so ready I love it! Hope everyone else has a GREAT Holiday and anyone have a day they would like to do the meet?! What about the 1st or 2nd saturday in december?!

momsgoofy
11-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Hello to the ones who just found the board! Glad you guys are here! This is week is going to be like heck! I have to work all week due to Thanksgiving but I am off Thursday and Friday (MY Christmas Shopping Day) Yes, I am one of the ones out at 3am or before to shop until about 10pm. My sister, My mom and I get 70% of our shopping done this day! I am so ready I love it! Hope everyone else has a GREAT Holiday and anyone have a day they would like to do the meet?! What about the 1st or 2nd saturday in december?!

Ah, you're a glutton for punsihment like DS! He and his uncle have been plotting their Black Friday adventures for about a week. Not me, thanks! I did that when DS was little, but as I have gotten older I can't deal with the crazy crowds as much.

I'd go with the second weekend of December for the DIS meet...DS is marching in the Lights Fantastic parade December 1st so I'd miss the DIS meet.

Hope everyone has a safe and "full-filling" Thanksgiving!

mrsksomeday
11-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Ah, you're a glutton for punsihment like DS! He and his uncle have been plotting their Black Friday adventures for about a week. Not me, thanks! I did that when DS was little, but as I have gotten older I can't deal with the crazy crowds as much.

I'd go with the second weekend of December for the DIS meet...DS is marching in the Lights Fantastic parade December 1st so I'd miss the DIS meet.

Hope everyone has a safe and "full-filling" Thanksgiving!

I am not going out shopping on Friday either, no way you can't make me :rotfl:.

Laura, you said "Lights Fantastic parade", do you mean the one in Carbondale? I have lived here for 3 years and never went, I might just have to go :thumbsup2.

TinkAsh2001
11-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Hope Everyone Has A Happy Thanksgiving From My Family To Yours!:grouphug:

momsgoofy
11-21-2007, 05:59 PM
I am not going out shopping on Friday either, no way you can't make me :rotfl:.

Laura, you said "Lights Fantastic parade", do you mean the one in Carbondale? I have lived here for 3 years and never went, I might just have to go :thumbsup2.

Yes, that is the parade. It's pretty nice if you can tolerate the cold. DS has marched in it a few years now, and so far only last year was the cold a real hassle for me, but it was still fun! You should go once!

amyhughes
01-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Hello Everybody!

Sorry so quiet as of late but I got a new job!

I am the site producer of a new forum, resource site for the Tri-State called EvansvilleMoms.com!

We are having a HUGE Launch Event at cMoe on February 2nd! If you would like to come it is free and open to the public!

Email me if you would like more information:Amy@evansvillemoms.com!

Hope to see you there!

TinkAsh2001
01-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Im not a mom! But glad to hear of a new place starting!
Anyone still wanting to do the get together?! I figure since its after the holidays maybe we would all have a chance now?!

Alesia
01-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Anyone still wanting to do the get together?! I figure since its after the holidays maybe we would all have a chance now?!

I'm up for it!

chamonix
01-27-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm up for a meet as long as I am home/in the area. We have a lot of travel planned for the next 2 months.
:goodvibes

TinkAsh2001
01-27-2008, 09:10 PM
When is a good day for everyone?!

momsgoofy
01-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Weekend might be better...Saturday. Personally, I'm pretty open for any day except Sunday. Any ideas where you might suggest meeting? The mall in Evanvsille or some other place?

Ashes711
02-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi All! I just found this thread, I'm in Louisville, Kentucky! Glad to know I'm not the only DIS member in the area!

Atchley
02-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Just found this thread. I am in Evansville too. Just wanted to say hi!! :flower3:

Alesia
02-19-2008, 06:36 AM
Just found this thread. I am in Evansville too. Just wanted to say hi!! :flower3:

:welcome:

Atchley
02-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Alesia

Just read your Profile! That is so true!!!:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

TinkAsh2001
02-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone. I havent check in for a while..How is everyone?! I only have 37 days until Disney:banana:

TENIA66
02-24-2008, 10:46 AM
southern illinois here closest to carbondaLE:)

amyhughes
02-24-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm up for a meet too! Just let me know where and when!:cool1:

momsgoofy
02-24-2008, 09:14 PM
southern illinois here closest to carbondaLE:)

:wave2: Was just wondering exactly where you are...I live in Herrin so that is only 10 miles from Carbondale.

Only 12 more days till WDW and DS marches in the Magic Kingdom! :cool1:

mkycrzy1971
02-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Hello all...I am in Greencastle, IN...about 40 west of Indy...we are getting together on Saturday, March 22 (in Indy) for a musical and dinner if anyone is up to the drive...here is the thread with details: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1709735

Maybe some of you could join us??? We would love to have you!:grouphug:

3littleHalls
03-02-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread...but I am living just outside of Evansville.

macraven
03-02-2008, 04:01 PM
my mom is from mt carmel and we still have relatives in the evansville area.

i'll be down there the 4th weekend in april to see the family.

only if you are from that area would you know where some of the little towns are located.....:laughing:

3littleHalls
03-02-2008, 07:58 PM
My DH was from Mt. Carmel.

firsttimer03
03-02-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm in Western Ky!

TinkAsh2001
03-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm in Western Ky!

Where in West Ky. I am in Henderson.
How is everyone doing?! I have 25 days until I leave and this weekend has been a nightmare! We found out my little couisn may have a brain tumor. He is only 2 and then a friend of my moms her husband died VERY unexpetantly over in Cypress Greece where their daughter lives. So not a good weekend. Hoping and praying for a better week ahead!

abcboys
03-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Macraven and threelittlehalls--who are your relatives that live/lived in Mt. Carmel. I wonder if I know them. That's where I live.

abcboys
03-03-2008, 07:16 AM
I guess you wouldn't want to post real names on the message board but I am curious. You can PM me if you want...

policycobb
03-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi! I am new to all this. I am in Owensboro. Going to Disney at the end of September!:cool1:

TinkAsh2001
03-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi! I am new to all this. I am in Owensboro. Going to Disney at the end of September!:cool1:

welcome to the boards. I am in Henderson and my boyfriend lives in Beaver Dam!

MaryJ
03-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Just found this board thanks to Alesia's link (found it on the Lost thread.) Anyway, I live in Mt. Vernon, IN. For those of you on the west side of Evansville, those of us who live in Mt. Vernon are the TRUE West siders! Glad to see there are so many other DISers in this area!

ImagineerM
03-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Im from Owensboro -- born and raised.

Worked at WDW for 2 years while in college and now I'm back in Owensboro.

I'm about to graduate from college for the second time and hoping to find a teaching job in the area.

Cheers,
Josh

policycobb
03-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Im from Owensboro -- born and raised.

Worked at WDW for 2 years while in college and now I'm back in Owensboro.

I'm about to graduate from college for the second time and hoping to find a teaching job in the area.

Cheers,
Josh

Are you going to KWC or Brescia? I graduated from KWC in the 90's.

TinkAsh2001
03-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Hey everyone! I leave at 2am in the morning to head to Disney! See you guys when I get back!:banana:

amyhughes
03-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Hey everyone! I leave at 2am in the morning to head to Disney! See you guys when I get back!:banana:

Have a great time, and thanks for rubbing it in!!!! ;)

finnster77
04-09-2008, 11:27 AM
We're from Benton, IL

Dan Murphy
04-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Northeast Illinois here, Chicago. :wave:

mrsksomeday
04-18-2008, 08:36 PM
We're from Benton, IL

I live in Carbondale, IL now, but am originally from Benton. How bad did you feel the earthquake today?

TENIA66
04-18-2008, 08:49 PM
marion area here and we quaked and shaked today!!!

macraven
04-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Macraven and threelittlehalls--who are your relatives that live/lived in Mt. Carmel. I wonder if I know them. That's where I live.

i was reading thru some threads and forgot to answer you.

i think you do know some of my family.
ken McRaven.

i was looking at some of the pics from a storkman/mcraven family reunion from a couple of years ago and saw ken, wife and son.
i have some other pics where the son is probably about 10 y/o

we felt some tremors up my way.
our cats went crazy and wouldn't settle down this morning.
they were very anxious and not themselves.

momsgoofy
04-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Herrin, IL here...the early am quake woke up DH and me, but nothing major. The mid morning quake was about the same...my clock that sits on a bookshelf moved about a half inch.

disneychick0412
04-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi everyone!!
I'm from madisonville ky!

Alesia
04-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone!!
I'm from madisonville ky!

:welcome:

amyhughes
04-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Hello!!:wave2:

Glad to have ya!

disneychick0412
04-28-2008, 05:38 AM
Thanks!!! That is great that there are so many DIS'ers in the tristate area!!

PilotWife
05-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi - I'm at Ft Campbell, Ky (really the TN side) relatively new to the area, so I am not sure if this is considered tri-state area or not.....but love to talk you guys.

Jennifer

disneychick0412
05-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Hi - I'm at Ft Campbell, Ky (really the TN side) relatively new to the area, so I am not sure if this is considered tri-state area or not.....but love to talk you guys.

Jennifer

You are about an hour away from me! Hello!!

TinkAsh2001
05-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Just wanted to say hi!

DJT
05-12-2008, 05:52 AM

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer. Welcome!

Donna

givens1026
05-15-2008, 09:57 PM
I live in Evansville!

amyhughes
05-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Hey fellow Evansvillian!

disneychick0412
05-16-2008, 06:02 AM
I live in Evansville!

I'm 45 minutes south of you!! :welcome:

Bloodhound
05-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Where in West Ky. I am in Henderson.
How is everyone doing?!

Hi, my Dad is from Henderson Ky and then Transplanted to Bowling Green where I was born and raised I live in Fort Knox and do buisness in Louisville.

My Last outing abunch of friends went to Ky Derby and the host had matching T-Shirsts printed for our gang

Hey, does anyone here want to go to Ky Kingdom Six Flags this spring or summer?

Bloodhound
05-16-2008, 10:01 AM
marion area here and we quaked and shaked today!!!

The quake and shake awoke us up early in Fort Knox Ky. too

dlbbwu
05-17-2008, 06:37 AM
Good Morning everyone...Evansville here born and raised on the WEST side by USI...(Mcdowell road)...got married and moved to Mount Vernon, IN for about 3 years, found the drive a killer and moved back to the West side (where I currently live). I work for a company called ALCOA, and my wife is a school teacher. Our family is heavily into tennis. We live, breathe, and eat tennis.
I was a Day school snob and then a USI graduate. As you can see by my signature we are going to Universal. I found a flight through Southwest from Nashville to MCO for the 4 of us for, are you ready, $650.00 TOTAL. Great departure and return times, also. We have been to Orlando every year for the past 17 years (either Disney or Universal, mostly Disney).
I have a son (9) and daughter (13) and we have driven and flown (50/50 split). We have always enjoyed Disney and Universal and always look forward to our trip.
Now that I have thoroughly bored you, I am glad to see others from the area that subscribe to the boards.

MaryJ
05-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Good Morning everyone...Evansville here born and raised on the WEST side by USI...(Mcdowell road)...got married and moved to Mount Vernon, IN for about 3 years, found the drive a killer and moved back to the West side (where I currently live). I work for a company called ALCOA, and my wife is a school teacher. Our family is heavily into tennis. We live, breathe, and eat tennis.
I was a Day school snob and then a USI graduate. As you can see by my signature we are going to Universal. I found a flight through Southwest from Nashville to MCO for the 4 of us for, are you ready, $650.00 TOTAL. Great departure and return times, also. We have been to Orlando every year for the past 17 years (either Disney or Universal, mostly Disney).
I have a son (9) and daughter (13) and we have driven and flown (50/50 split). We have always enjoyed Disney and Universal and always look forward to our trip.
Now that I have thoroughly bored you, I am glad to see others from the area that subscribe to the boards.

I got excited when I saw Mt. Vernon, but you're right, the drive to Alcoa would be a killer. Where does your wife teach?

dlbbwu
05-17-2008, 08:01 AM
St. Benedict Cathedral School (St. Bens for short). She is their math teacher.
Both my kids go there and I was the girls and boys soccer coach for 17 years. Now I am the girls tennis coach. :goodvibes

Bloodhound
05-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Hi, I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend

DJT
05-20-2008, 05:53 AM
Dole Whip anyone......lol
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/robert42101/dl195.jpg

Thanks, but I'd rather have a strawberry swirl from the Enchanted Grove. Got one of those? :goodvibes

Donna

MaryJ
05-20-2008, 05:53 AM
St. Benedict Cathedral School (St. Bens for short). She is their math teacher.
Both my kids go there and I was the girls and boys soccer coach for 17 years. Now I am the girls tennis coach. :goodvibes

I'm familiar with St. Ben's. A friend of ours was principal there many years ago. He moved to St. Philip's and is now retired.

dlbbwu
05-20-2008, 05:56 AM
MaryJ, would that be a person by the name of a children's song that had a farm?....LOL....If so, we know him well.

I did not know he was retired, thought he took another position. let me know, please.

Bloodhound
05-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks, but I'd rather have a strawberry swirl from the Enchanted Grove. Got one of those? :goodvibes

Donna

nope ....but I will try one next time ... I wonder if they have them in Disneyland :confused3 ...Im going in Oct

DJT
05-20-2008, 01:05 PM
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/robert42101/dl195.jpg

nope ....but I will defeinately try one next time ... I wonder if they have them in Disneyland :confused3 ...Im going in Oct?

You can only hope! I wish I had one right now!

Donna

amyhughes
05-20-2008, 02:46 PM
You know you can make those at home?:thumbsup2 There are recipes on the boards for them. Haven't tried yet. But when I get a bad hankering, watch out at Schnuks, I may just buy out the entire row of Pineapple Juice!:lmao:

Mkgaapril
05-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Just wanted to say HELLO to my fellow Kentuckians. I am on the other side of the state- Greenup, Ky. I am from Northern Ky, though. (Cynthiana - it's near Lexington). It's fun to see there are so many people from the same area. Hope you have a great Dis meet.
I am just south of florence , ky

Bloodhound
05-31-2008, 06:12 PM
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/robert42101/bump.jpg

Its offical....were going to DisneyLand....the flights and car rental are booked... :woohoo:

dlbbwu
07-02-2008, 07:20 AM
What happened to this thread, did everyone give up on it?:confused3

I was hoping it would always continue on!

KyDerbyMan
07-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Louisville, Ky chiming in.

And I did a 1-year stint in Evansville/Mt. Vernon (did my co-op for GE Plastics out in Mt. Vernon).

TinkAsh2001
07-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey everyone! Its been a while! Im back & planning my disneymoon for next june!

dlbbwu
08-21-2008, 02:37 AM
Bump...

nobody looks at this thread anymore?

:sad1:

TinkAsh2001
08-21-2008, 09:07 AM
I do! I do!!! I am always here & no one ever post?:confused:

dlbbwu
08-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Well thank you Ashley, just wanted to make sure I wasn't all alone. I hate that! I see your on my space, want to accept me as a friend? I will send a request and you can deny or accept at your liesure.
We are going to get some rain aren't we? :goodvibes

KyDerbyMan
08-21-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm here, too! :)

TinkAsh2001
08-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Ok. I was like who is this guy adding me...LOL! Sure I will add you now. Anyone have any upcoming trips?! We have our honeymoon booked & deposit paid! June 8-13!!!!

dlbbwu
08-22-2008, 05:37 AM
Ok. I was like who is this guy adding me...LOL! Sure I will add you now. Anyone have any upcoming trips?! We have our honeymoon booked & deposit paid! June 8-13!!!!

Yes it was me, Ashley! At work we are not allowed to look at myspace, but at home or on my cell phone I can....still trying to pull it on the phone, but it is so small ;)

TinkAsh2001
08-22-2008, 06:35 AM
so u play tennis?! I took lessons every summer growing up.

dlbbwu
08-22-2008, 07:00 AM
Yes, Ashley, we are a tennis family. Besides myself, my daughter (13) and son (10) both play. The son is ranked 3rd in the state of Indiana and the daughter is ranked 28th in their age divisions.
I am also a USTA official.

GhostLady
09-14-2008, 02:42 AM
Just thought I'd say hello :wave: from Mitchell, IN.

TinkAsh2001
09-14-2008, 09:03 AM
hello! This thread died again!