PDA

View Full Version : What to do!!

tink76
09-11-2007, 11:59 AM
So DH is going on a trip with his brother in November, so I said to my mom "Let's go to Disney World!" She said okay!! Now here is the issue, DH and I have been saving to go in 2009 with DD and extended family. I still want to go then but we can get a good price and my mom and I can take her now too. The problem is that I am a SAHM and money is tight. I can pay for the trip but I don't know if i should. The Wiggles will be about an hour from us the same weekend, so I am trying to decide Mickey or Wiggles. DD will be 10 months at the time. AHHH I can't decide!

snoopy5386
09-11-2007, 12:32 PM
your only child will be 10 months old? well then I would skip the wiggles for sure, I think it would be way too loud/overwhelming for a 10 month old. Even the trip to WDW for a 10 month old (if that is who you were going for) may be a little much. We took DD for her 1st bday and honestly, she didn't really enjoy herself much. She was scared/overwhelmed by most things there. I would say out of her whole life up to that point, she cried the most that week. We are going again for a daytrip (we'll be in FL visiting relatives) at the end of next month and I really wonder how she will do then at 18 months. Heck, she was scared of the carousel this weekend at 6 flags.

**eeyore**
09-11-2007, 01:24 PM
We took our twin DD's at 10 months and had an amazing time! I think you and your Mom would enjoy the trip with your daughter at that age - I'm sure you would walk away from the trip considering it one of those "priceless experiences in life.

The only concern I would have is your husband missing out on your daughter's first trip. You will most likely have a wonderful trip, but I imagine there would be lots of times on the trip that you would think "I sure wish DH were here to see this".

tink76
09-11-2007, 01:41 PM
DH isn't a huge Disney fan. In fact he said if you guys go now then we don't have to go in 2009:scared1: but I will be sure to double check on how he feels. I know he is excited about our 2009 trip even if he doesn't show it!! I would miss him on the trip but I think he will be having a great time with his brother.

mommytobug
09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
GO! You will not regret it. DD is now 8 and we have always taken mommy trips. We do travel with my dh too but I have often taken a day off of work for us to go with my mom. You will cherish the memory forever. Make it a relaxing weekend and go with the flow.........

mericletwins
09-11-2007, 06:13 PM
We took our twins for the first time at 9 months old and it was great. They were mesmerized by all the sights and sounds. If your DH doesn't care about missing her her first Disney trip, then go.

Kviolet143
09-12-2007, 06:25 AM
If you can only go once.... I would wait till 2009 when she'll REALLY REALLY enjoy it! I know its hard to wait but in this case if you can only go one out of 2 times I would wait-
(I havent been yet- We're going in a couple weeks for the 1st time ... my boys are 2.5 & the other will be celebrating his 5th Bday is WDW):cool1:

LISAVWL
09-12-2007, 06:48 AM
I agree with the PP -- if you can only go once, WAIT! If you'll be able to go again, I'd choose Disney World over the Wiggles show!
I've taken each of my 4 kids when they were little, starting at about 4mo and never regretted it. They may not remember those trips but I certainly do! DH had a business trip to Orlando this past Feb -- I was able to have my Mom come along and we spent 4 wonderful days at Disney with the kids while DH was working. It was a special "Mom & me" trip for me as well as a "Grandma & me" trip for my kids. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

snubie
09-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Your DD may be too young for a concert. Even though it is the Wiggles, it will be LOUD! She won't remember it and be even hate it because of the noise.

As for Disney, she won't remember it either but you at least get pictures of it.