PDA

View Full Version : Columbia Harbor House

stoudt6
09-11-2007, 12:27 PM
In the 15+ years I have been going to WDW finally tried it for lunch this past Sunday. What a nice little surprise this place was! Good food, and nice quiet atmosphere with smaller lines then the other CS places. Wife and I both had Tuna sandwich this was just what we needed on a hot day. Found a new "little hidden gem" to go back to each year !:thumbsup2

BeckWhy
09-11-2007, 12:52 PM
My parents used to always take us here and two of the three trips I have taken without them have eaten there. Though I cannot agree with the short lines, they have always been very long when I have visited the restaurant.

canron
09-11-2007, 01:11 PM
we go every trip..good food lots of it..great place to go ,,

ciera321
09-11-2007, 01:54 PM
We're the same way... been to DW many times but hadn't tried CHH. Then we heard the raves here on the DIS and tried it. Now it's a must for each trip!!! :goodvibes

karemore
09-11-2007, 01:55 PM
We always go there too for a nice quiet break and a good meal.

magicmouse2
09-11-2007, 01:56 PM
We tried it too for a lighter option. We got the half sandwich and soup - the clam chowder here is much nicer than the clam chowder at the Cape May Clam Bake IMHO. Apple crisp dessert was not so crisp, but I still ate most of it.:goodvibes It has a nice nautical themed interior.

Epcot Mom
09-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Ok, reading this post has made me hungry for the ham and slaw sandwich. It sounds gross when I write this, but it's great! Beats burgers/dogs any day!

DancinDaisyDuck
09-11-2007, 02:23 PM
I love the Harbour House! One of the great things to do is sit upstairs by a window overlooking Liberty Square and people watch while enjoying the AC! Can't wait to eat there in a month!

joyjoy
09-11-2007, 02:24 PM
We got the lighthouse (hummus and slaw) sandwich and liked it so much we went back again later in the week. The veggie chili is also good.

Not so crazy about the apple un-crisp, however. Very quiet and nicely themed. We love CHH!

lucincia
09-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Ditto - love the food too.

They need to turn this place into Jack Sparrow character meal. Just kidding :)

KSBelle
09-11-2007, 06:21 PM
I always go to the CHH. The Garden Galley Salad is my favorite. We also go upstairs to eat. It's quieter and you can people watch.
It's not a trip to WDW without the CHH !!!:thumbsup2

Micca
09-11-2007, 06:39 PM
CHH is a must for us and is virtually the only CS stop for us at WDW.:earsboy:

restful urchin
09-11-2007, 07:27 PM
We were pleasantly surprised at how good it was there. I too had the tuna sandwich, it was really good. As was the chowder. We ate there as part of the Keys to the Kingdom tour, ate up stairs, very peaceful. The rest of the group also seemed pleased with their food.:thumbsup2

mantaz
09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
And it is the only place in the park that has Sweet Tea!!! What a treat when you are hot and thirsty!

Mr. Pig
09-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Another fan of CHH from a long time ago here. :thumbsup2
I always got the clam chowder and asked for it without the bread bowl. Now it is on the menu that way. I think we have stopped there once at every trip.

mickey mouse lover
09-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Is this a tuna salad? If so, does it have celery in it?

Tio Marco
09-12-2007, 02:58 AM
we go every trip..good food lots of it..great place to go ,,

One of our favorites!!

dyna
09-13-2007, 12:49 PM
DH loves Columbia House I enjoy the salad with the pineapple an pecans in it especially now that I can get any dressing I want with it. We ate twice there last week for lunch had 2 very quiet lunches 1 upstairs the other downstairs late afternoon after peak lunch time.

Tonya2426
09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
CHH is my favorite restaurant at MK. We've been going there since I was a child (well over 30 years). I just wish they would bring back the Monte Cristo sandwich. :sad2: :sad1: :sad2: :sad1: :sad2: Now I get the chicken fingers - since I am on vacation I eat fried foods at leisure ;) - but it really should be shared since it is way too much for me to eat all by myself (and I need to save room for a funnel cake at Sleepy Hallow!!!). I can hardly wait for my trip next month.:yay: :yay: :yay:

Lisa Hale
09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
:o)

emlutz23
09-13-2007, 03:32 PM
We went to CHH for the first time back in January and I wondered why we'd never gone before! I LOVED the hummus and broccoli slaw sandwich! Only 2 more weeks until I can go there again! :cool1:

It's such a nice change than the standard burger and fries joints. Don't get me wrong, I love a good burger, but you can only eat so many of those while at Disney.

cheer4bison
09-13-2007, 03:37 PM
My Mom and Dad have been taking us to the Columbia Harbor House since my sister and I (now 36 and 39, respectively) were really young. We love to eat there and now we take our own kids to enjoy the goodies there. The memories are as good as the food.:)

Thanks for the heads-up on the sweet tea. We'll have to give that a try. I love sweet tea and assumed many restaurants would have it on the menu. Florida is part of the south, right? Does anyone remember the yummy red "freedom punch" they used to have on the menu back in the 1970s? I miss it!!

Jill

jmkrat
09-13-2007, 03:54 PM
I can't wait to try this, I had never really heard of it before. We are going in January and it is a part of the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Sounds like it will be a great experience.:)

fairestoneofall
09-13-2007, 04:30 PM
CHH is our favorite counter service--a definite must for us when we visit MK!

lovmy2girls
09-13-2007, 04:35 PM
:lmao: OMG, can't belive you are telling the world about this, now the lines will be long and everyone will be eating there. Next thing you know you will be telling everyone to go upstairs and eat because its really really quiet up there!

I just hope they are not sold out of Tuna Sandwiches when I get there in about a week, Or I will be UPSET!:rotfl: :lmao: and you will have to run and hide!:rotfl:

disneyde
09-13-2007, 04:42 PM
We had a great Columbia House experience on our first family trip to Disney our youngest liked the costumes and the food was good.:simba: :maleficen :tink: :tink: :figment: :tinker: :butterfly :rose: :goofy: :cat: :squirrel: :banana: :cheer2: :yay: popcorn::

lwilliam
09-13-2007, 05:12 PM
It is on our "must" list each visit....both my DH and I have the tuna sandwich, but he always adds a side of mac & cheese. We have introduced so many friends to this place too, and always go upstairs. (But, still, at age 15, our son MUST have Casey's hot dogs, and carry it to Columbia Harbour HOuse.

JPG
09-13-2007, 09:11 PM
CHH is one of the best CS restaurants at Disney for sure. We love it, and eat there at least once every trip! Love those chicken strips!

Muffy
09-14-2007, 06:30 AM
We have over looked this place long enough! Gotta try that tuna sandwhich next time!

Ron from Michigan
09-17-2007, 09:20 AM
We love CHH. We try and eat there on every trip. I had there salad for the first time on our last trip and loved it. The best salad I had anywhere on our trip.

texasdisneygal
09-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Love Chh!!!

danielle782001
09-17-2007, 09:52 AM
:)
So glad to see all the positive reviews. It is on our schedule for October. We are planning to grab a bite there before the Halloween party starts.

duchess_tisha
09-17-2007, 10:04 AM
We finally tried CHH this past April and LOVE it! It is a very nice change of pace in the food and atmosphere. We will definitely go back on our next trips. Althought now the lines will probably be long since 140,000+ of our closest friends have been clued in! :lmao:

The Three Cabs
09-17-2007, 10:04 AM
CHH is a must on all our Disney trips. We missed it when we went in May, I didn't realize they closed early :sad1: On our upcoming trip we plan on eating there first thing. It is my favorite counter service meal, my son and I love the tuna.

WDW LifeLong Fan
09-17-2007, 10:19 AM
A hidden gem.

We've eaten there at least once a trip for years.

:thumbsup2