PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh, help me throw together a peter pan costume...

la79al
09-11-2007, 06:54 AM
We leave in less than 24 hours and I am feeling worse and worse about not dressing up. DSis is doing the Tink thing so I will give in and be Peter Pan. But I have only today to put together a costume. HELP!!!!!

#1 Pocahontas
09-11-2007, 07:27 AM
Many of our party stores have their costumes out already. I would just go buy one if I had to have it that fast. That's just me though.

If you sew you could probably make one really fast.

Or you could buy a pair of green tights, and a very large green mens shirt, and green shorts or boxers. Then you could cut the bottom of the shirt to kinda match Peter's. Put a belt with it and your done. Oh, I forgot about the hat. I don't have any ideas for that other than sewing it or buying it.

Good luck!!

amyhughes
09-11-2007, 08:06 AM
What you will need:

Green Tights, Long Green T-Shirt you don't mind cutting into!; Large Brown Belt, Green Felt and a Red Feather. Bonus if you can find a Pan Flute or small dagger anywhere!

With the T-Shirt take a sharpie and draw on the bottom of the shirt and the sleeve caps a zig zag or leaf pattern. Cut around it, or if you have a serger it looks really neat to use a darker green thread as an outline to trim.

With the Green felt you can make a hat with it. Lay it diagonally, bring to sides to the back and staple them together. Bring the remaining back piece down and staple or hot glue it. Fill in the gaps with a little more felt, and then attach a red feather.

Best of luck, I'll look online for you to see if I can't find some more ideas. Best I can do sans caffeine!

tweedlemom
09-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Can you just buy a blue nightgown, slippers and big blue hair ribbon and be Wendy???

LadyShea
09-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Can you just buy a blue nightgown, slippers and big blue hair ribbon and be Wendy???

I think this is your best bet for one day costuming.