PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest in AK for breakfast?

wdhinn89
09-10-2007, 09:12 PM
We had to make reservations at the Rainforest for breakfast for our November trip since Breakfastasuarus will be closed. I would love anyones opinion on how the food is.

Thanks

becka
09-10-2007, 09:14 PM
The food is just so-so IMHO. The atmosphere is fun and that is really what you are paying for. It is my DS's favorite restaurant so we always end up making the trip. :)

wdhinn89
09-11-2007, 07:19 PM
:confused3

wld
09-11-2007, 07:24 PM
We enjoy the food here. Nice and hot. And the eye of the python is fantastic I think, very different than we get around here. Big enough to share.

wdhinn89
09-11-2007, 08:07 PM
We enjoy the food here. Nice and hot. And the eye of the python is fantastic I think, very different than we get around here. Big enough to share.

what is the eye of the python?:confused3

michvin
09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
i've eaten at two Rainforest Cafe's in the country (they are a chain you know, not a Disney managed restaurant) and although it is really neat to look at the food is overpriced and basically, cheap, chain restaurant food. i wouldn't recommend it. Could you do a character breakfast another day at maybe Cape May Cafe, Chef Mickey's, or Crystal Palace(this is our fave and the food is very good). I just don't think Rainforest is worth the money at all....

OhioStateBuckeye
09-11-2007, 09:34 PM
I honestly don't remember the food because I was too busy enjoying the atmosphere. I love the thunderstorms when the whole restaurant gets darker and you can hear the thunder. I do remember that there was a giant chocolate dessert...sorry I can't be more help.

wdhinn89
09-12-2007, 07:21 AM
i've eaten at two Rainforest Cafe's in the country (they are a chain you know, not a Disney managed restaurant) and although it is really neat to look at the food is overpriced and basically, cheap, chain restaurant food. i wouldn't recommend it. Could you do a character breakfast another day at maybe Cape May Cafe, Chef Mickey's, or Crystal Palace(this is our fave and the food is very good). I just don't think Rainforest is worth the money at all....

It is my daughters birthday on the day we booked Rainforest. Her favorite park is AK and we always get there when the park opens and go straight to Kilamanjaro, her favorite ride, and then fast pass it again and then do breakfast at Breakfastasaurus. It is a tradition we have so we have no other choice but go to Rainforest. At least they will celebrate her birthday since it is table service.

mom2my3kids
09-12-2007, 08:04 AM
They told me they did not take reservations for breakfast:confused3

Skylarr29
09-12-2007, 08:08 AM
Not too thrilled with their breakfast. I found the menu very limited and the food just so so.

wdhinn89
09-12-2007, 08:15 AM
They told me they did not take reservations for breakfast:confused3

I have an ADR with them for, I beleive it was 10:00am. I am hoping the new character breakfast is ahead of schedule and we can ADR with them. We had a Rainforest here on Long Island that we had been to many years ago and were not very thrilled with. It actually closed down. But it is her birthday and we want to make it special. How bad can breakfast be? (I don't really want to know the answer to that question:rotfl: ) We have ADR with Chef Mickey at night so at least that food will be good.:laughing:

mom2my3kids
09-12-2007, 08:20 AM
I have an ADR with them for, I beleive it was 10:00am. I am hoping the new character breakfast is ahead of schedule and we can ADR with them. We had a Rainforest here on Long Island that we had been to many years ago and were not very thrilled with. It actually closed down. But it is her birthday and we want to make it special. How bad can breakfast be? (I don't really want to know the answer to that question:rotfl: ) We have ADR with Chef Mickey at night so at least that food will be good.:laughing:

Maybe they started taking ADR's because of the big breakfast place closing down in the park. This was a couple months ago I called, she said they opened up at 8:30 and was first come first serve..

wdhinn89
09-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Maybe they started taking ADR's because of the big breakfast place closing down in the park. This was a couple months ago I called, she said they opened up at 8:30 and was first come first serve..

10 more days to WDW, you lucky girl!:banana:

mom2my3kids
09-12-2007, 08:39 AM
10 more days to WDW, you lucky girl!:banana:

:rotfl: Counting them down one by one..:wizard:

sandyam76
09-12-2007, 10:12 AM
We had ADR's in August...the food was ok...nothing fabulous!! It was kind of like eating at IHOP if you have been to one of those!

mom2my3kids
09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
We had ADR's in August...the food was ok...nothing fabulous!! It was kind of like eating at IHOP if you have been to one of those!

:rotfl: Yep I am a server at my local IHOP...

Jill in Chicago
09-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Unless eating breakfast out is very important to your family, I don't think I would spend time at a sit down breakfast here. I would suggest eating at your resort, or even packing some breakfast items in your luggage. That way you can hit the parks running at rope drop. Just my thinking. Then you can pick up a little snack mid-morning at the park.

standleyent1
09-12-2007, 10:44 AM
My DD and I have had breakfast there several times (at AK RF) and really enjoy the food as well as the atmosphere. It might be a little pricey for some but I think it was well worth it and they will celebrate her b-day. Not to mention that the crowds shouldn't be a problem being that you are going in the am.
Have Fun !!pirate:

Ms.Mouse
09-12-2007, 10:54 AM
We thought the food was very good, the staff very friendly and the place wasn't overly crowded like many get to be. We just walked into the park and was able to be seated right away...(approx. 9am)

aring75
09-12-2007, 12:29 PM
I love the french toast with the sliced strawberries and bananas and walnuts...yummy!! It's sprinkled with just a little powdered sugar. I don't even use syrup. I think it comes with two (?) slices of bacon. Not sure - I give that to DH, but I order this every time we eat breakfast here.

We've always made ADRs, but I don't think we've needed them. We get here early - as soon as they open - and they look at us like we're nutso when we say we have them. Just my experience, FWIW.

:) :) :)

Oh, but we like it best for the back-door entrance to AK!! Sssshhh!!!

pmiranda
09-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Not quite sure what everyone is talking about. I used to be a server a Rainforest Cafe at the tail end of my college career. I loved the food. All high quality and fresh ingredients, and very consistent. It's not any more expensive than any Disney TS, and the food for the most part is of a higher quality and better taste as well. It was my daughters favorite restaurant before we moved out of California.

luvsJack
09-12-2007, 08:00 PM
We have eaten breakfast here twice and loved it both times. The atmosphere just seemed like a great way to start a morning at AK. I know its a chain, but we don't have one around here. It wasn't crowded at all for breakfast, but we noticed that evening it was really filling up.