PDA

View Full Version : Would love to read your opinions about 1900 Park Fare breakfast!

marivaid
09-10-2007, 08:56 PM
We booked it for December, as an excuse to visit the Grand Floridian (also had to switch a character breakfast on that day so it worked well).

We've never done a face character breakfast before. Is it awkward for adults? What do you say to the characters?

How is the food compared to Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace or 'Ohana?

:thanks:

jpeka65844
09-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi marivaid! DH and I did 1900 PF in March '05 for the same reason! GF is my dream hotel and that's probably the only way I'm going to get to see it!

It was our first character meal EVER and we didn't find it the least bit awkward! Pooh and Tigger came around to our tables. I got a great "hug" pic from Pooh and T. even teased DH, making him "bounce" around the table with him!

The food was awesome. We've done both Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace SINCE and while the selections are similar, I just remember the 1900 PF meal tasting better than the others. Maybe it's the memory! :-) Also, it was FAR less crowded than CM's and CP. The atmosphere is more laidback and hectic.

You're gonna love it!

5onadime
09-10-2007, 10:24 PM
1900 is our FAVORITE breakfast buffet. We have eaten there at least 6 times. We think it is the best breakfast buffet in the "world".( I think we have eaten at them all now.) GO FOR IT!!:thumbsup2

marivaid
09-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Hi marivaid! DH and I did 1900 PF in March '05 for the same reason! GF is my dream hotel and that's probably the only way I'm going to get to see it!

It was our first character meal EVER and we didn't find it the least bit awkward! Pooh and Tigger came around to our tables. I got a great "hug" pic from Pooh and T. even teased DH, making him "bounce" around the table with him!

The food was awesome. We've done both Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace SINCE and while the selections are similar, I just remember the 1900 PF meal tasting better than the others. Maybe it's the memory! :-) Also, it was FAR less crowded than CM's and CP. The atmosphere is more laidback and hectic.

You're gonna love it!

There's Pooh & Tigger ?? OMG I didn't know that !!! Now I'm really excited about this. I lovvvvvvve Tigger.

Thanks for the great review!

TimTanyaMichael
09-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Oh Man!!!!! 17 Days to go until our next trip to the World, and we have breakfast at 1900 scheduled for our first morning!!! Hearing these great things about it, is making the clock go that much slower:rotfl2:

DisneyLover75
09-11-2007, 08:47 AM
OMG we love 1900 Park Fare! For starters, the scenery of the GF is wonderful, and to put aside the characters for a moment, the FOOD is wonderful! We weren't sure what to expect, since it is a buffet.. alot of time the food has been sitting or isn't that great.. but this was unbelievable. Everything was fabulous.

Now, the characters! Mary Poppins is out in the lobby, greeting everyone. Then inside there's Pooh and Tigger and then Alice and the Mad Hatter. Great fun!
Alice and The Mad Hatter really had a good time with us last year.. I know all the words to Alice In Wonderland, so I was saying their lines for them.. and then when they realized I knew the lines, they kept feeding me more lines, to try and stump me. They couldn't stump me. LOL! So they just kept coming back for more. We had a roaringly good time.

MickeyNicki
09-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Well, my experience was not good but that could be because we did a 10:30 breakfast on our last day Dec 06. The place was so noisy we could not hear ourselves think. We were seated by the door to the kitchen, our waitress was nonexistant, the characters did not come by us because we were hard to get access to (Alice did for about 10 seconds).

The food was terrible. THey had one egg station open and the line was super long. No one seemed to be replenishing the food so what was on the buffet was hard and dried out. The fruit had taken on the flavor of other foods that it was sitting next to (probably in the back cooler), the biscuits and breads were hard as rocks, the bacon was way overcooked and salty. The only good thing was the bread pudding and the strawberry soup.

Let me say that we could have hit an off day and I would not mind trying it again but I would go for the first reservation of the morning so it would have fresher food and a quieter atmosphere. The selection of foods available was large but the quality was terrible.

Micca
09-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Havent been for about 4 or 5 years, but have been several times over many years. I always thought it had the best quality of food, and the best atmosphere. I believe it is possibly the best character breakfast buffet on property.:earsboy:

DisneyDarlings
09-11-2007, 10:27 PM
1900 Park Fare is my favorite character breakfast. When we were there the atmosphere was very calm and not loud or hectic at all. GF is beautiful! I don't remember the food being much different than Chef Mickey's.

JennInTN
09-12-2007, 12:21 PM
We believe it's the best breakfast (buffet style). You'll get an extra treat with the Christmas decor at the Grand Floridian.

We loved joking around with the Mad Hatter.

okeydokey
09-12-2007, 01:11 PM
It was fabulous. The made to order Omlette station was a hit and the Bread pudding with the vanilla sauce was the best I've ever had.

whogirl'smom
09-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Does the time of your ADR make a difference on the food quality/character interaction? We had an ADR for 9:00 a.m. and I changed it to 10:30 b/c it's a Little Ones EMH morning. Will we be disappointed with a later reservation time?

Micca
09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
At WDW the character breakfasts are so popular I'm pretty sure they keep cooking all morning long which will keep it fresh. As for character interaction, I guess the CMs can suffer from fatigue from having been there all morning, but probably not noticeable to children.:earsboy:

jpeka65844
09-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I'd always wondered this too....But our 11:10 ADR for Chef Mickey's in March was AWESOME! Character interaction was great and they visited more than once! The food was also super hot and plentiful! The place was quieter than usual because of the time; that probably had something to do with it. The later ADR may be the best time after all!

Denice T.