PDA

View Full Version : Recent Ohana breakfast?

jackskellingtonsgirl
09-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I am trying to decide what to do about this ADR. We are booked at Ohana, but I might want to switch to Kona. We have been to Kona for breakfast and really liked it. I am concerned about the menu at Ohana being pretty limited. Will they really only serve fruit to kids? DS11 counts as an adult. And I can't seem to determine for sure if there are waffles or not.

Anybody been there recently? We have done character breakfasts before and DS doesn't eat enough to justify the price, but we are traveling with another couple and I might not be able to get out of Ohana. So tell me what to expect!:surfweb:

eeyoresnr
09-10-2007, 04:17 PM
subscribing

eeyoresnr
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I just found this on the Dining link at top of this page

----------------------------------------------------
Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch
Child's Menu

Breakfast (Updated: 10/06)
Entree/Main Course

Ohana's Character Breakfast: Children 3 - 9 years 7:30am - 11:00am - Hot & Delicious Scrambled eggs, fried potatoes with caramelized onions and scallions, pork breakfast sausage links, smoked bacon, and an assortment of warm breakfast breads. Seasonal fruit bowl available for children. Includes unlimited orange juice and milk. Children under 3 free. - $10.99 *

marsh0013
09-10-2007, 04:55 PM
we were there at the end of august, and the kids didn't have to just eat fruit. and yes they do offer mickey waffles. when they come around with them, if you want more than 1 at a time per person, just ask. they should oblige. and the little kids are allowed to eat from the skillet too! i thought it was a really cute breakfast, and it was just us 2 adults :)

lynninpa
09-10-2007, 05:10 PM
We were there in late June and everyone was allowed to share everything. The following is from my review. :thumbsup2

Breakfast was yummy! Everything was so fresh and hot. They first bring out coffee, tea or milk and a refreshing & yummy tropical juice and two kinds of warm bread (one pineapple) with whipped butter. Then came the "skillet" with scrambled eggs, home fries, bacon & sausage-all cooked perfectly!-and Mickey waffles and warm buttermilk biscuits. Also served is a fruit plate-sweet and delish!

rcraw45425
09-10-2007, 06:12 PM
We had breakfast there right after it became Lilo and Stitch and I remember it was delicious. The pineapple bread is the one they used to serve at 'Ohana for dinner, the server even brought me more I enjoyed it so much. The entire meal is served family style with the kids welcome to eat anything they wanted. Two thumbs up in my book.

jackskellingtonsgirl
09-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Sorry - my original post is worded funny!:rotfl2: What I meant to say is that the kids get fruit but the adults don't? On the DIS menus and on AllEars it says fruit is available for the kids. We don't have any "kids" but we would love to have fruit with breakfast!

Lynninpa - That sounds yummy! I saw some pics posted somewhere and you can see waffles in the picture, but they aren't listed anywhere. Thanks!!:)

marsh0013
09-10-2007, 07:23 PM
oh yes, adults get fruit too. we weren't there with kids either, and we got the fruit plate :)

angiejg
09-10-2007, 09:39 PM
We were there in June and O'hana's was one of our favorites! Our kids are 9 and 4. The food was great for them and us adults and the characters are adorable in their Hawaiian attire! We'll definitely do it again on our next trip. I highly recommend it!

Angie

melomouse
09-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks to those who shared on this one - DS has this on his "must-do" January b'day list. :confused3

I just really want to try Tonga Toast - and it's only at Kona, right? When the menu said "warm bread" - I was hoping......:) Oh well - sounds fine anyway!

jackskellingtonsgirl
09-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Melomouse - we were at WL Aug. 15-24.:) I wonder if we saw each other?

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences! I think since we already have the ADR we will leave it.:thumbsup2 I love Kona and 1900 Park Fare but we can always do those another time.